• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What the hell? Pokemon for $25??? O_O

EDIT: FS is back up now btw. PRE-ORDERING THAT SO HARD

what else qualifies for this $10 off thing? (apart from Kirby)

Seems like popular choices are: Previously mentioned Pokemon & Kirby Collection, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars, Ni No Kuni, Zone of Enders HD, Anarchy Reigns. Seems like most games will work outside of some limited editions.

Sora_N

Seems like popular choices are: Previously mentioned Pokemon & Kirby Collection, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars, Ni No Kuni, Zone of Enders HD, Anarchy Reigns. Seems like most games will work outside of some limited editions.

Crap, forgot to preorder kirby, gonna do that now lol.

Sora_N

I pretty much preordered everything from that list.

ZoE
Ni no Kuni (will prob cancel, I ordered the Wizard Edition)
All-Stars
Pokemon Black 2
Anarchy Reigns ($20 is super cheap)
Paper Mario
Kirby
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sora_N

I never did finish White, but $25 is one hell of a price. Pre-Ordered

Is that still up for order or did I miss that?

I got motivation to play White after preordering haha.

The wizard's edition was over yesterday I think? Not sure but just check the site.

cjkeats

I got motivation to play White after preordering haha.

The wizard's edition was over yesterday I think? Not sure but just check the site.

I checked this morning when I found out it was finally shipping to Canada, somehow I missed that. There's no order button or anything on the Club Namco page. Dammit, I wanted that so bad.

Sora_N

I checked this morning when I found out it was finally shipping to Canada, somehow I missed that. There's no order button or anything on the Club Namco page. Dammit, I wanted that so bad.

They opened up to Canada a few weeks ago I think? My gf bought me the Japanese book but I couldn't resist and bought the Wizard Edition anyways, I really didn't want to miss out. :(

cjkeats

They opened up to Canada a few weeks ago I think? My gf bought me the Japanese book but I couldn't resist and bought the Wizard Edition anyways, I really didn't want to miss out. :(

Looks like it opened up last Monday the 27th according to twitter. Never saw a word on GAF and missed that tweet somehow. Oh well, that's the way it goes when you don't pay attention.

Had to refresh the site to get it working.

Picked up Persona 4 for $19.99. I had a $10 off coupon from the Kingdom Hearts non-debacle.

Where is the complete list of what this applies to? Does it apply to everything?

Persona 4 - $19.99 With extra $10 off
Sega Racing - $19.99
Pokemon B2 - $24.99

That's not too bad at all.

Sora_N

Had to refresh the site to get it working.

Picked up Persona 4 for $19.99. I had a $10 off coupon from the Kingdom Hearts non-debacle.

Where is the complete list of what this applies to? Does it apply to everything?

Persona 4 - $19.99 With extra $10 off
Sega Racing - $19.99
Pokemon B2 - $24.99

That's not too bad at all.

Which Sega racing was that? PS3 one was $39.99-10 = $29.99. I wish it was 29.99-10 but it's still a good price for that though, my gf and I enjoyed the first one but I felt it was a bit lacking, hope there's more to it in the new one. :)

zroid

Banned
Hmm, pre-ordering Pokemon with the additional $10 I got from KH3D thing.
... I've not even finished Black yet X_x

I swore to myself I would finish Black last weekend. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

(the main story, anyway, I should still probably check out the version exclusive area, fight the Elite Four
without being rudely interrupted
, etc.)

DJ_Lae

How'd you get yours to work? I'm getting a not eligible error with my Kingdom Hearts code when I try to combine it with Persona 4's $10 off preorder deal.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I swore to myself I would finish Black last weekend. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

(the main story, anyway, I should still probably check out the version exclusive area, fight the Elite Four
without being rudely interrupted
, etc.)

Yeah, there's plenty to do after the Elite 4 part of the story. In fact, there's even more story afterwards. Battle Subway too if you really want a challenge and to pull your hair out.

Which Sega racing was that? PS3 one was $39.99-10 = $29.99. I wish it was 29.99-10 but it's still a good price for that though, my gf and I enjoyed the first one but I felt it was a bit lacking, hope there's more to it in the new one. :)

Vita version is $29.99 to start.

How'd you get yours to work? I'm getting a not eligible error with my Kingdom Hearts code when I try to combine it with Persona 4's $10 off preorder deal.

It just did. I put it into Promo codes and it worked. Maybe the code is bad.

I wish I'd known about the BW2 deal before today. It's raining really hard and I really don't want to go out again (I have to use gift cards to but things because lol RBC debit card).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I need to sit down and sort out what I have ordered at FutureShop. I'm waiting on about 15 items.
I made a spreadsheet during E3 when I was ordering and cancelling orders so I wouldn't screw up. I also saved each of the order confirmation pages in a folder. I was on the ball this year.

cjkeats

I made a spreadsheet during E3 when I was ordering and cancelling orders so I wouldn't screw up. I also saved each of the order confirmation pages in a folder. I was on the ball this year.

I keep a spreadsheet too, it's nice and organized.
actually...I should go update it now before I forget.

That's a good idea. Just remembered to cancel my NHL 13 because I'm going for the trade 2 deal instead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this all from the FS Labour Day sale or is this separate?

Gotta get home and make some orders. I have about a billion pending orders from FS too, but I know I'm likely going to cancel some when more info comes out on some of those games.

zroid

Banned
Usually those periodic emails to remind me about the status of my various orders just irritate, but honestly I'm actually grateful for them right now :/

Median

Should I be doing separate orders for separate games, or will they ship all the games separately if I dump them on one order?

EDIT: Answered my own question, they'll ship them separately according to the shipping info.

zroid

Banned
Should I be doing separate orders for separate games, or will they ship all the games separately if I dump them on one order?

They will ship separately, but ideally you should split them into as many orders as possible. Makes it much easier to cancel. The only good reason to lump them together is if you need to go above $19.99 for free shipping.

Median

They will ship separately, but ideally you should split them into as many orders as possible. Makes it much easier to cancel. The only good reason to lump them together is if you need to go above $19.99 for free shipping.

Ahh thanks, good point. I'll cancel it and re-order them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Usually those periodic emails to remind me about the status of my various orders just irritate, but honestly I'm actually grateful for them right now :/
Holy shit those are annoying. It would be one thing if they sent them out once a month but they're sent out every two weeks. I've complained about them in follow up surveys even though it won't change anything.

Holy shit those are annoying. It would be one thing if they sent them out once a month but they're sent out every two weeks. I've complained about them in follow up surveys even though it won't change anything.

I don't mind the reminders, I just wish it was all in one email. Just send me a "pending orders" email.

Lothars

yeah I missed it to because last time I had checked it wasn't shipping to Canada.

I am dissapointed to miss it and hope they open up preorders again.

Lothars

I need to sit down and sort out what I have ordered at FutureShop. I'm waiting on about 15 items.
Yeah I'm waiting for around 15 items as well and just preordered a couple more games today since they have the 10 dollars off.

I need to make sure I have an idea of what I have preordered.

Sora_N

Actually wait, what happens if I try to cancel a big order? I can't just cancel one item? My best buy order has like 7 games I think. Maybe I'll reorder those at FS.

zroid

Banned
Actually wait, what happens if I try to cancel a big order? I can't just cancel one item? My best buy order has like 7 games I think. Maybe I'll reorder those at FS.

Afaik, the only way to cancel individual items is to call customer service and have them removed manually.

It's just unnecessary hassles.

Sora_N

Afaik, the only way to cancel individual items is to call customer service and have them removed them manually.

It's just unnecessary hassles.

Ah alright, I'm ok with that but I'll double check the prices first. I guess the worst part is you have to wait at least 2-3 minutes on the line to speak to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom