• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh it is, I've already used it several times.

OK, so I tried to use the coupon on a $14.99 game and it didn't work. Maybe it's just been erroneously set to $19.99 minimum then.

Good. Switched over my Pokemon Preorder since I get the RZ points.

Trying to see if there is anything I want at $19.99.

How is Best Buy's shipping usually compared to Future Shop?

With Future Shop I usually get games on the release date. Can I expect the same from Best Buy? I have never used them before.

iphys

Hmmm, think I'll try switching my Kirby Dream Collection from FS to BB to get the $5 off plus a few RZ points vs redoing my E3 BB Paper Mario pre-order and just getting $5 off.

krae_man

bloody hell, apparently it also stacks with the $5 discounts from normal pre-orders

pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for $24.99 now

EDIT: And Paper Mario $24.99

Ni No Kuni $44.99

Do you have multiple Rewards Zone cards or something? It says one code per member.

Edit: Humm it also says it excludes preorders.

zroid

Banned
Do you have multiple Rewards Zone cards or something? It says one code per member.

Edit: Humm it also says it excludes preorders.

It *says* that, yes... >_>

How is Best Buy's shipping usually compared to Future Shop?

With Future Shop I usually get games on the release date. Can I expect the same from Best Buy? I have never used them before.

For all intents and purposes, Future Shop and Best Buy should be virtually identical in every way, outside of their chain-specific promotions.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It *says* that, yes... >_>
I love that so much of the fine print is wrong so far.

1 item/1 coupon per member - nope, works multiple times
$29.99 and up - nope, works on $19.99 and up
No pre-orders - nope, works on pre-orders

Kazerei

Banned
Daaamn, Best Buy and Future Shop just keep (accidentally?) giving us awesome gaming deals

I've pre-ordered Kirby's Dream Collection, Pokemon Black 2, Persona 4 Golden, and Paper Mario Sticker Star. I'm thinking of adding a few PS360 games, but they'll probably be <$40 by Boxing Day anyways.

therapist

Thanks for the BB code.

Pre'd SF x TK for vita and monkey ball too. 25$ each.

I wish code of princess was up on the site i would def pre that too , oh well

therapist

I just noticed that Black Ops Declassified is $49.99 at Future Shop.

Aren't Vita games usually around $39.99?

yea , but its activision. lol

You dont even need to be a RZ member fellas , it goes in as a PROMO code , it took it for me and im not even in RZ.

Fuzzy

yea , but its activision. lol

You dont even need to be a RZ member fellas , it goes in as a PROMO code , it took it for me and im not even in RZ.
Why don't you join though? It's free and you get points that goes towards getting $5/10/20 certificates (your choice, I like $20 since there's no point in lower for me) that you can use on almost everything in-store. There's no reason to not be a member.

suikodan

Yay, they finally decided to stop being jerks and let the coupons apply to $29.99 games!

IT WORKS ON POKEMON, CHANGE YOUR PRE-ORDERS BACK TO BB!!!

lolol

Future Shop and Best Buy playing mind games with us :(

It's funny, the 15$ rebate only worked for the french version of Pokemon for me. I click on Black version and it still showed 34$...

Otherwise, two french versions for 20$ each, wow.

The BB website seems to have problems, I get lots of errors navigating the site.

zroid

Banned
It's funny, the 15$ rebate only worked for the french version of Pokemon for me. I click on Black version and it still showed 34$...

Otherwise, two french versions for 20$ each, wow.

Oh, interesting. I'm guessing that's because the French versions don't qualify for the 800RZ points; they just get the standard $5 off for pre-ordering. The English versions would be $24.99 + 800RZ.

Fuzzy

Chances of BB canceling these orders?

I don't want to cancel my FS order and then BB cancels mine.
When in doubt don't cancel your other order. I have no problem in stopping at the store to return my extra copy for a refund.

iphys

I re-ordered Kirby at BB and cancelled my FS order, because there isn't much time left to cancel that. I re-ordered Paper Mario, and I'm keeping both orders for now in case they cancel my latest one. But in the past, I don't think they've cancelled orders when they've made a mistake in allowing things to stack that shouldn't have.

Quick

Banned
Do I really need to print out the coupon, or can they scan it off my phone?

I don't want to waste paper, and my printer is out of ink.

Sora_N

Phone probably works, they can type the code in?

I'm probably gonna try to use the coupon to get $10 back for my Last Story order with them when I do my pick ups after work.

Fuzzy

If they don't want it on your phone then you can print it off in the store. The one I go to (Scarborough Town Centre) has a PC/printer set up for customers to print off Reward Zone certificates.

Sora_N

I re-ordered Kirby at BB and cancelled my FS order, because there isn't much time left to cancel that. I re-ordered Paper Mario, and I'm keeping both orders for now in case they cancel my latest one. But in the past, I don't think they've cancelled orders when they've made a mistake in allowing things to stack that shouldn't have.

I just kept my FS order in case one of them gets damaged. I'll refund the extra one. Hard to trust those bubble envelopes 100%.

suikodan

You don't need the paper, I once used a RZ certificate without having to print it. I guess they will just enter the code manually.

Other than that, I guess I never ordered so much stuff.

RS4-

I guess I'll pick up GT5XL. Nothing else interests me, already have the big ones for this month pre'd: NHL, BL2 and TL2.

Wait, does the PC version of BL2 include the steelbook at FS?

therapist

Why don't you join though? It's free and you get points that goes towards getting $5/10/20 certificates (your choice, I like $20 since there's no point in lower for me) that you can use on almost everything in-store. There's no reason to not be a member.

Good point , just signed up.

I have a temp member ID , ill probably wait until i get the card and re-do the order , hopefully i get it before the code expires.

If not , oh well i still have it oredered anyways =P

Edit - @ RS4 - i've never seen a pc version steelbook ever.

Of course i buy mostly digital but i highly doubt it.

Zeeman

Nice, just preordered Paper Mario and the new Layton for $25 each. I think I'll hold on to my $30 FS preorders for the time being, just to make sure I still have them in case BB notices their screwup and cancels these orders.

Sajjaja

Thinking about picking up Jak and Daxter for $10 as I've never played it, or Mortal Kombat for $20 as I've always wanted it. Help?

BadWolf

Just signed up for rewords zone.

How does it work exactly? I'm trying to pre-order Revengeannce and its saying that there is a bonus of 800 points ($10), does that get applied to the purchase?

krae_man

Just signed up for rewords zone.

How does it work exactly? I'm trying to pre-order Revengeannce and its saying that there is a bonus of 800 points ($10), does that get applied to the purchase?

You don't get that until the game ships and it is for a future purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom