• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

is there a deal going on for pokemon black2/white2???

i still haven't preordered. oh god i know nothing about the game. i need to find out which version to get.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
is there a deal going on for pokemon black2/white2???

i still haven't preordered. oh god i know nothing about the game. i need to find out which version to get.

Preorders are $10 off at Futureshop right now, which means $24.99 Pokemon BW2.

Serebii has list of differences. Exclusive Pokemon and Unova Link Keys (Black key makes game tougher, White makes game easier) are the major ones. There are some changes to the overall look too.

Sora_N

Serebii has list of differences. Exclusive Pokemon and Unova Link Keys (Black key makes game tougher, White makes game easier) are the major ones. There are some changes to the overall look too.

That helps a lot, thanks. Is the story the same for both games? If not, I might double dip. The terrain/layout differences look really cool. Most of the White ones look cooler, I may cancel Black.

Magnus

Been way too inconvenienced by FS orders in the past to ever bother with that piece of shit site again. $10 isn't even close to enough of a discount to dive back in, lol.

Got way too much credit elsewhere to burn anyway.

iphys

Finally got my 3DS rebate cheque from Nintendo in the mail today, even though they never did get back to me on my e-mail complaint.

Any deals on Persona 4 Arena? I see that on EB's most wanted trade in games, I can get +20% from Dark Souls and Red Dead, what does that mean though?

Magnus

Ottawa friends!

I now have free advance passes for an advance screening of Pitch Perfect in Ottawa (Orleans) on Sept 19. Anyone wants? Every pass admits two, sending out blocks of 4. PM me with thy business address and someone's name who I can send the package to the attention to.

Vancouver is still available too! (for the Park/Tilford Cineplex, same date, North Vancouver)

pitch_perfect_header__span.jpg

suikodan

Hey thanks for the heads-up! Ordered a Black version for me and a Blanche (french) version for my niece. It's our annual Pokemon meet-up where we play together the first hours of the game.

EDIT: Also ordered another Blanche for my wife, hehe.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ottawa friends!

I now have free advance passes for an advance screening of Pitch Perfect in Ottawa (Orleans) on Sept 19. Anyone wants? Every pass admits two, sending out blocks of 4. PM me with thy business address and someone's name who I can send the package to the attention to.

Vancouver is still available too! (for the Park/Tilford Cineplex, same date, North Vancouver)

MV5BMTcyMTMzNzE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg5NjM5Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Awesome! Didn't think you'd get to us in Ottawa. :)

RS4-

Any deals on Persona 4 Arena? I see that on EB's most wanted trade in games, I can get +20% from Dark Souls and Red Dead, what does that mean though?

Let's say DS and RDR get you $20 total, you'd get another 20% on top towards xx game.

If you're in Toronto and want it on 360. I'll sell you mine. Spent 1hr on it after release haven't had time for it since lol.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is that the only reason they decided to make two sequels instead of one mega sequel?

It's a little different than previous generations. Usually the third pillar games (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) are remakes with extra content. With Black / White 2, the games are actual sequels that carry on the story. So in that way, even though it's the same generation, it's an entirely new game.

It's a little different than previous generations. Usually the third pillar games (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) are remakes with extra content. With Black / White 2, the games are actual sequels that carry on the story. So in that way, even though it's the same generation, it's an entirely new game.

Do you know if you can battle 6v6 online (with auto-levelling to level 100) this time? Sucks that infrared was the only way to do it in B/W.

Let's say DS and RDR get you $20 total, you'd get another 20% on top towards xx game.

If you're in Toronto and want it on 360. I'll sell you mine. Spent 1hr on it after release haven't had time for it since lol.

I'm in TO, but I'm looking for PS3 version.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ratchet and GoW do, so I would assume that Journey does as well.
I haven't opened mine yet, but it looks like the cover on the back is blank? I just assumed that since we get the bilingual special, we'd get the crappy cover.

Ah, so do I need to play Black (or White) first?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Do you know if you can battle 6v6 online (with auto-levelling to level 100) this time? Sucks that infrared was the only way to do it in B/W.

Not sure. I`ve put a lot of hours into BW2, but haven`t touched online battling, trading, or the Subway at all.

Ah, so do I need to play Black (or White) first?

It`s probably not required. BW`s story is really pretty quality, but it`s not like you`re going to be lost in BW2. You will just have less of a connection with characters you come across. Original BW are very good games though and definitely worth playing through.

zorbsie

Can not seem to find a shoppers that carries a 32GB vita memory card. Might have to settle for the 16. Anyone spot a 32GB card at a shoppes in the GTA?

StevieP

Banned
So.. uh... why did future shop send me this?
Am I missing something?

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for PC (Web ID: 10207651). Due to reasons beyond our control, this product will no longer be available for PC. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

In appreciation of your business, we're offering you a $10 e-certificate for your next gaming purchase over $19.99, redeemable until September 30, 2012 only on Futureshop.ca

Sora_N

So.. uh... why did future shop send me this?
Am I missing something?

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for PC (Web ID: 10207651). Due to reasons beyond our control, this product will no longer be available for PC. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

In appreciation of your business, we're offering you a $10 e-certificate for your next gaming purchase over $19.99, redeemable until September 30, 2012 only on Futureshop.ca

I wish I preordered a copy, dang!

zroid

Banned
They're so inconsistent with their consolation coupons. Sometimes it's a shitty 5% off code, other times an awesome $10 off one!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
September 7-13 flyers from RFD/CAG

Future Shop

TRADE 5 GET XBOX 360 4GB SYSTEM + trilogy of assassin creed (Doesn't show up on the site but it's in the flyer)
TRADE 2 GET PS3/360 NHL 13 COLLECTOR + $10 off of october game purchase of $19.99 and over
TRADE 2 GET PS3/360 NHL 13 + $10 off of october game purchase of $19.99 and over

here link for trade game list from FS.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

GET $10 off october game (on game $19.99 and more) with purchase of

tekken tag team tournement 2 ps3/360 $59.99
battlefiend 3 prenium edition ps3/360 $59.99

$19.99 Vita games
touch ma katamari
mortal kombat
asphalt 3D
lumines
rayman
dungeon

$29.99 Vita games
marvel vs capcom
metal gear HD
virtua tennis 4
batman lego 2

free STEELBOOK went you pre-order:
borderland 2 PS3/360
resident evil PS3/360
dishonor PS3/360
halo 4 360

Real Canadian Super Store

4 gb xbox 360 $159.97
nhl13 $59.97

Shopper's Drug Mart

sat& sun sept 8, 9
spend your points event
25,000 ($50 off)
50, 000 ($110 off)
95, 000 (220 off)
160 gb ps3 $239.99 plus bonus $50 gift card
nhl 13 $59.99

Best Buy

320gb ps3 with nhl 3 $299.99
nhl 13 with bonus t-shirt $59.99 collectors edition $79.99
4gb x360 $149.99
360 controllers $39.99
3moths xbox live gold $19.99

bonus 800 rz points ($10) when you pre-order:
borderlands 2
fifa 13
resident evil 6
nba 2k13
pokemon black/white 2
fable: the journey

There's also a RZ coupon. Read the fine print.
http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fec9167375630178/m/4/RWZCA_20120907_NHL13_coupon_EN.pdf

EDIT: I love that so much of the fine print is wrong so far.

1 item/1 coupon per member - nope, works multiple times
$29.99 and up - nope, works on $19.99 and up
No pre-orders - nope, works on pre-orders

zroid

Banned
Yay, they finally decided to stop being jerks and let the coupons apply to $29.99 games!

IT WORKS ON POKEMON, CHANGE YOUR PRE-ORDERS BACK TO BB!!!

lolol

Future Shop and Best Buy playing mind games with us :(

zroid

Banned
bloody hell, apparently it also stacks with the $5 discounts from normal pre-orders

pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for $24.99 now

EDIT: And Paper Mario $24.99

Ni No Kuni $44.99

Fuzzy

bloody hell, apparently it also stacks with the $5 discounts from normal pre-orders

pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for $24.99 now

EDIT: And Paper Mario $24.99
Thank you. I just replaced my E3 $30 Paper Mario order with a $25 one. :)

Glad even though the fine print says it doesn't work on pre-orders that it really does.

Fuzzy

preeeettty sure Best Buy never intended for us to be getting $15 off all of our pre-orders right now, haha
Yeah, I also re-ordered Sly Cooper to save an extra $5 off of my E3 pre-order. All my other pre-orders were cheaper because of tsilon coupons.

frequency

The coupon code seems to not be working properly.

I ordered Jak and Daxter Collection (19.99) with the coupon for total $11.19.
Coupon say $29.99.

Maybe they will fix this soon so... quick on pre-order and order before some one notices?

zroid

Banned
The coupon code seems to not be working properly.

I ordered Jak and Daxter Collection (19.99) with the coupon for total $11.19.
Coupon say $29.99.

Maybe they will fix this soon so... quick on pre-order and order before some one notices?

yikes, I guess that would explain it...

so there are just no restrictions at all? ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom