• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Scratch that, a bunch of $5 off preorder titles were modified.

Smash Bros 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
P4G Vita
Luigi's Mansion 3DS

Probably other systems too.

iphys

I thought they had a policy of $5 off pre-orders for any pre-order that didn't have 800 RZ points, but it seems a lot of pre-orders don't have any discount on them now.

iphys

Maybe they're just doing it like when they have online sales and they take away the $5 off promos while the sale is active, so maybe they're just going to wait till the 11th to bring them back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What is the BB reward zone? is worth it?
It's free, so of course it's worth it. You receive points for each purchase you make, every dollar is a point.

800 points gets you 10$ gift card, and so on in denominations scaled to that.

Firestorm

Cheapest way for a Canuck to get NHL 13?
Future Shop is still taking in NHL 12 as a trade in for it. Use your copy of NHL 12 + grab a cheap copy of something like Batman Arkham City or Street Fighter x Tekken and trade it in for the Stanley Cup Edition of NHL 13.

Sora_N

Girl at best buy let me use the coupon to adjust my last story purchase, the system didn't keep the online 5 bucks off so it was 39.99. Still good tho!

Quick

Banned
Future Shop is still taking in NHL 12 as a trade in for it. Use your copy of NHL 12 + grab a cheap copy of something like Batman Arkham City or Street Fighter x Tekken and trade it in for the Stanley Cup Edition of NHL 13.

But do you really want the Stanley Cup edition? Shitty bonuses (personally, at least) isn't worth the extra $20, IMO.

Mentioned it in the NHL 13 thread, but if you download it off the PS Store, it's tax-free (at least, I'm 90% sure). So, it's $59.99 flat.

I'm debating on whether I should do that, or keep my EB pre-order. It's convenience vs. having the ability to trade it in. Would it load faster if it's digital?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But do you really want the Stanley Cup edition? Shitty bonuses (personally, at least) isn't worth the extra $20, IMO.

Mentioned it in the NHL 13 thread, but if you download it off the PS Store, it's tax-free (at least, I'm 90% sure). So, it's $59.99 flat.

I'm debating on whether I should do that, or keep my EB pre-order.
The idea is to use two 20 dollar games to make the trade. If FS is stupid enough to want to take NHL 12 (which are going to be frisbees anyway) then it sounds like a no brainer upgrade.

Quick

Banned
Fair enough. Is it ANY two games to get it, or are there limits?

EDIT: Durr, Future Shop online has it listed. :lol

Firestorm

It's Trade 2 for both the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Edition as well as the regular edition. Unless the bonuses are a negative, I don't see any reason to go for the regular edition when they're the same price. The games list is here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

Unfortunately the Best Buy coupon doesn't even work no games $29.99+ anymore but you can do NHL 12 + Street Fighter x Tekken essentially getting NHL 13 Stanley Cup Edition for $30 and your old NHL 12.

Quick

Banned
Hmm. Given me something to consider, actually. I might just do that tomorrow. I'll move my EB pre-order for ACIII, or something.

Well, I feel like an ass now. :lol

What's the general opinions here with which store has the best game promos? Future Shop, Best Buy, EB, or other?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm. Given me something to consider, actually. I might just do that tomorrow. I'll move my EB pre-order for ACIII, or something.

Well, I feel like an ass now. :lol

What's the general opinions here with which store has the best game promos? Future Shop, Best Buy, EB, or other?
The FS deals are great mostly because they are dumb and take crappy games. It's how people got 3DS XLs for less than a hundred dollars a couple of weeks ago. lol

I still remember getting Vita games for 10 bucks because of that FF13-2 deal + coupons.

Quick

Banned
What's a typical deal for new games? Trade-in promos? I'm looking for a good deal for Assassin's Creed III and/or ACIII: Liberation.

Aw lame that I missed the Best Buy coupon shenanigans. Oh well.

Gotta figure out something to do with my Futureshop $10 coupon. Maybe Pokemon Black or White 2, but I still haven't beat the original. Figuring out what to use this coupon is is turning out to be pretty hard.

Firestorm

What's a typical deal for new games? Trade-in promos? I'm looking for a good deal for Assassin's Creed III and/or ACIII: Liberation.
I think best deal for AC3 was tsilon. Dunno if those codes are still available. Usually these days I'm lazy and just grab all the games I want for the next year during Future Shop's E3 deal. I think nowadays it's Future Shop's trade-in promos the week of release because they've been taking some pretty cheap games. The past 3 weeks have included games that could be purchased for $20 each.

zroid

Banned
Aw lame that I missed the Best Buy coupon shenanigans. Oh well.

Gotta figure out something to do with my Futureshop $10 coupon. Maybe Pokemon Black or White 2, but I still haven't beat the original. Figuring out what to use this coupon is is turning out to be pretty hard.

coupon shenanigans aren't over if you want Pokemon. $24.99 + 800RZ is a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom