• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Hey Ocelot, why don't you use the coupon on Zone of Enders H.D.?

elty

Does anyone know if Walmart accept returns without receipt? I have a brand new game that I purchased 3 weeks ago. I lost the receipt but I have a credit card statement that show I paid the sales amount during that time. I wonder if they can find the receipt in their system with that?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know if Walmart accept returns without receipt? I have a brand new game that I purchased 3 weeks ago. I lost the receipt but I have a credit card statement that show I paid the sales amount during that time. I wonder if they can find the receipt in their system with that?
They used to take returns without a receipt and offer refunds via a gift card or some form of store credit, but I have no idea if they do that anymore.

Sajjaja

Off the Walmart Corporate website:
Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25) or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.
http://corporate.walmart.com/return-policy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm trying to order White 2 now and it's telling me that the RZ10GAME9710 coupon is not eligible D:

Yup, seems like they've finally disabled it.

RS4-

Yeah the site is hilarious.

Some of the shit you see in BST is pretty bad as well. Selling used products at retail price or buying something from another RFD user for $250, using it for a month or two then reselling it at $400.

Lolol.

elty

I see conflicted information about returning without receipt. I wonder if anyone has first hand experience recently.

I wonder if they will search their system if I give them the credit card number I used and the purchase date. I guess they technically can but probably won't.

RS4-

I returned uhh, Halo Reach, when it came out. I guess they didn't give me trouble as the game was less than a week old.

They just put it on a gift card. I guess its just YMMV on those kind of things.

Try going with your bank statement anyway and see what they can do.

Quick

Banned

I actually read all that. My fucking brain, man.

I see conflicted information about returning without receipt. I wonder if anyone has first hand experience recently.

I wonder if they will search their system if I give them the credit card number I used and the purchase date. I guess they technically can but probably won't.

Rule of thumb is you get store credit for returns without a receipt, if that item is stocked in that store. I second the bank statement suggestion, if anything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I've done the gift card thing before on some shirts or something. If you don't need the cash, or if the price of the item hasn't dropped, that's an option.

Also, RFD. lol

Firestorm

Best Buy was able to (after a lot of trouble due to some sales staff not knowing how) pull up my receipt with credit card number + exact day of purchase so I assume Wal-Mart can too. Check your credit card statement if you can't remember exact date.

And I have done no receipt returns before without problem. Just have an ID on hand.

iphys

I just went and did the buy 4 Cadbury Dairy Milk 100 gm chocolate bars to get 8000 bonus optimum points at Shoppers for $8. You get 8080 points total, so it's effectively a 101x, lol. I got there 5 minutes after it opened, but no one was there trying to clear out the store, surprisingly, and the register hadn't even been activated for the day yet. Anyway, it's a good way to get points if you're just short for doing a redemption this weekend or want to save points for Mega redemption.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I just went and did the buy 4 Cadbury Dairy Milk 100 gm chocolate bars to get 8000 bonus optimum points at Shoppers for $8. You get 8080 points total, so it's effectively a 101x, lol. I got there 5 minutes after it opened, but no one was there trying to clear out the store, surprisingly, and the register hadn't even been activated for the day yet. Anyway, it's a good way to get points if you're just short for doing a redemption this weekend or want to save points for Mega redemption.
Can't for the life of me find this in their Ottawa flyer.

zroid

Banned

whoa, what the heck. This sounds amazing.

I'm guessing it's one 8000 point bonus per member, right? I'll probably go with my parents so we can each get 8000. Then just transfer all the points to a single card. 24000 points for $24, hard to bloody say no to that O_O

My mom wants to buy Dairy Milk to give to my grandma anyway, so this really works out.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
whoa, what the heck. This sounds amazing.

I'm guessing it's one 8000 point bonus per member, right? I'll probably go with my parents so we can each get 8000. Then just transfer all the points to a single card. 24000 points for $24, hard to bloody say no to that O_O

My mom wants to buy Dairy Milk to give to my grandma anyway, so this really works out.

Via RFD. lol >:|

sdm2.jpg

sdm3i.jpg

Quick

Banned
So, I went to Future Shop to do the NHL 13 trade-in promo, and they said they couldn't do the trade-in until the game's release date.

Manager's decision, the employee said. I'm annoyed only because I was rushing to get to them before I went to work. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

SDM should blacklist that card.

I hope so.

I don't understand this mentality. Why should SDM cancel their card? They put out a promo that is obviously exploitable, and someone exploited it. All they needed to do is limit it to one-per-customer or something. This isn't rocket science.

I wouldn't run around to a bunch of SDM or anything--Hell, I don't even have a SDM card--but I fail to see under what grounds they would cancel his/her card. Hell, I've exploited things before, like Rogers when had a Trade 2, Pre-order Starcraft 2 Free promo while having 2 of the eligible games on sale for $20 each. I would be pretty pissed if my Rogers membership was cancelled because of their own incompetence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I went to Future Shop to do the NHL 13 trade-in promo, and they said they couldn't do the trade-in until the game's release date.

Manager's decision, the employee said. I'm annoyed only because I was rushing to get to them before I went to work. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
IIRC, the trade-in promos have always been on the day of release and the next few days after release.

You do the exchange right there, which means beforehand you have to pick up a copy of the game that's already there and bring it to the Customer Service or what have you.

You can't trade for a game until it's been released. It's dumb because you only get 3 days to do it (Tues-Thurs) but that's how they've always done it.

iphys

I don't understand this mentality. Why should SDM cancel their card? They put out a promo that is obviously exploitable, and someone exploited it. All they needed to do is limit it to one-per-customer or something. This isn't rocket science.

I wouldn't run around to a bunch of SDM or anything--Hell, I don't even have a SDM card--but I fail to see under what grounds they would cancel his/her card. Hell, I've exploited things before, like Rogers when had a Trade 2, Pre-order Starcraft 2 Free promo while having 2 of the eligible games on sale for $20 each. I would be pretty pissed if my Rogers membership was cancelled because of their own incompetence.

Actually, the Shoppers policy is that you can't earn points if you pay for something with a redemption and that points can be revoked if awarded in error, so they can easily just take the points away if they want to, and then this person has wasted their $220 redemption on overpriced chocolate, lol. I'm surprised the store let them get away with buying that many chocolate bars, as there's usually a limit of 4 when anything is on sale at Shoppers: it's so unfair to other customers to let someone hoard all the sale items like that.

Sora_N

Via RFD. lol >:|

What the heck... I feel like I'm missing out by not having a shoppers card, should I just randomly sign up for one and get points? I see a lot of people using it to buy games/systems now.

zroid

Banned
I went to two different Shoppers just now and most of the Dairy Milk was gone. Between the two of them, did manage to get 12 bars, which was what I wanted anyway.

At the first Shoppers, the cashier told me someone came in this morning and bought "over 100 bars"

Wonder if it was the same dude from RFD ;(

Also is anyone having trouble accessing their Optimum account online? Page just won't load ;-;

Eternia

What the heck... I feel like I'm missing out by not having a shoppers card, should I just randomly sign up for one and get points? I see a lot of people using it to buy games/systems now.
Why not? It's free to join and it will be nice to have that option when the time comes assuming you have points by then. If not, at least you will be accumulating points when opportunities like this pop up.

I also bought 12 bars of chocolate just to see my points total climb above 7xxxx which was where I was at for probably over a year. Thanks!

Quick

Banned
IIRC, the trade-in promos have always been on the day of release and the next few days after release.

You do the exchange right there, which means beforehand you have to pick up a copy of the game that's already there and bring it to the Customer Service or what have you.

Ah okay. Guess I'll just make my way there early on Saturday.

Question: can you trade in 2 of the same game for that deal? I have 2 copies of NHL 12.

Nope. Not even if they're for different consoles.

The trade in deals have always been like that. Every store I go to says you have to wait until release.

Ah okay. Guess I'll just make my way there early on Saturday.

Tuesday.

Sora_N

Why not? It's free to join and it will be nice to have that option when the time comes assuming you have points by then. If not, at least you will be accumulating points when opportunities like this pop up.

I also bought 12 bars of chocolate just to see my points total climb above 7xxxx which was where I was at for probably over a year. Thanks!

Do points expire?

Eternia

Do points expire?
Seems like if you don't use your card for a year, your account balance can be set to zero.
21. Should any Shoppers Optimum Member not acquire Shoppers Optimum Points for 12 consecutive calendar months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Shoppers Optimum Points will be forfeited. At that time the Shoppers Optimum Card Points balance may be reduced to zero at Shoppers Drug Mart’s sole discretion.
From Shoppers

Just got back from Shoppers. :)

First place I bought 12 bars, got 24,000 points on top of the 4,900 I had.

Got Mario Party 9 with them, then I refunded the bars without a hitch.

Then went to my local Shoppers where I usually go from home, did it again, this time got Mario Sports Mix.

And this time, when I was refunding the bars, the manager had to come because the cash wasn't working, and when I did my debit card, he wasn't quick enough to do the Optimum point refund for them (he only said something after I put in my PIN number...), so he goes and says he'll call the Optimum company, I told him that I only have like 4,900 points left, he says that it's just likely they'll take away the remaining points, it doesn't sound like I'm trouble.

Just got back from Shoppers. :)

First place I bought 12 bars, got 24,000 points on top of the 4,900 I had.

Got Mario Party 9 with them, then I refunded the bars without a hitch.

Then went to my local Shoppers where I usually go from home, did it again, this time got Mario Sports Mix.

And this time, when I was refunding the bars, the manager had to come because the cash wasn't working, and when I did my debit card, he wasn't quick enough to do the Optimum point refund for them (he only said something after I put in my PIN number...), so he goes and days he'll call the Optimum company, I told him that I only have like 4,900 points left, he says that it's just likely they'll take away said points, doesn't sound like I'm trouble.

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom