• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

So a question about the Optimum deal: do you have to buy each deal on a separate transaction? May as well stock up on some gum for my wife.

Quadratic

I did the chocolate thing this morning, I was surprised they still had bars left. Got the 8000 points and some candy. Just once is fine with me. I checked some other Shoppers later today and they were all cleaned out.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ima stop by the Rideau one in the morn before class Stump. I'll text you and let you know if they have any chocolate left after I hit it up.

iphys

I've already eaten 1.33 of my 4 chocolate bars -- might have to see if I can get some more tomorrow, lol. Gotta go back to complain anyway, because it showed the 8080 points on my receipt with my card number and everything, but my account balance said "unavailable" and after I went to another Shoppers to get gum, I noticed the 8080 points from my chocolate run were never actually credited.

zorbsie

Waiting at Dundas futureshop to do the trade 2 for NHL 13. Wanted to do it right away since one of my trade in games is NHL 12.

Waiting at Dundas futureshop to do the trade 2 for NHL 13. Wanted to do it right away since one of my trade in games is NHL 12.

Did you get it done? Some people are having serious issues at RFD. Apparently the trade system is down. I requested my In-store pickup at 7am hopefully they fill it soon.

zorbsie

Did you get it done? Some people are having serious issues at RFD. Apparently the trade system is down.

Just got it. About 6 people behind me in line. Got the Stanley cup edition. Glad I didn't wait til lunch.

Edit: guy behind me got the last 360 special edition.

Just got it. About 6 people behind me in line. Got the Stanley cup edition. Glad I didn't wait til lunch.

Yeah, I don't think people realize how well NHL sells up here. If I get stuck with the regular edition I won't be too upset but I have a feeling they aren't filling my in store pickup because they are selling to the people who lined up first.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Did you get it done? Some people are having serious issues at RFD. Apparently the trade system is down. I requested my In-store pickup at 7am hopefully they fill it soon.

Just got back from Future Shop. Didn't have any problem with the trade. There were three other people at my location picking NHL13 that I saw, but no one else using the trade deal. I don't think there were more than half a dozen shoppers in the store total.

Really cheap PS3 NHL 13 CE + $10 credit towards any $19.99+ game in October. Good day so far.

So about SDM how do you get 220$ worth of points if they list 170$ as the maximum you can get With 95000 points.

Originally Posted by isny:
Seems like a good deal. I spend $90ish on chocolate, get $220ish worth of bonus redemption points = Wii U plus lots of Halloween candy for $90?

theosi

Had no problems trading in NHL 12 and batman Arkham city for NHL 13 CE at the st Catherine store in Montreal. Felt like robbery. Bunch of CEs there for both systems.

SSReborn

I just picked up my preordered copy of Tekken Tag 2 at EBgames and they told me that the price actually dropped on the day of release. So right now its 49.99 as opposed to the 59.99 it would have cost normally. I got the difference back on a gift card. If anyone's interested in the game they should check it out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't understand why people buy the same hockey game every year since 1996...

if you replace every plank of wood on a boat one at a time, you eventually have a new boat

F2k8u.gif

EIqOW.jpg

Sora_N

I just picked up my preordered copy of Tekken Tag 2 at EBgames and they told me that the price actually dropped on the day of release. So right now its 49.99 as opposed to the 59.99 it would have cost normally. I got the difference back on a gift card. If anyone's interested in the game they should check it out.

Is it one day only? I'm too lazy/tired to go today, so I hope not.

elty

Just FYI:

I was able to return without receipt to Walmart. They asked me for the transaction date, credit card number and the item and found my transaction number in like 5 minutes.

Palehorse

I don't understand why people buy the same hockey game every year since 1996...

Also not all of us are buying every year. I'm just now updating from '09. My copy is in the mail now to be delivered, and Canada Post predicts it should be today.

No complaints about FS shipping here, that's right on time!

Palehorse

if you replace every plank of wood on a boat one at a time, you eventually have a new boat

Has anyone seen that no one in the stands is actually watching the action? I know it's a randomization routine but I would really think that at least 50% of those faces should be looking down at the ice at least.

iphys

OMG, Shoppers is doing a Sunday/Monday special on the Cadbury bars next week: 2/$3 but with a limit of 4. Also, Ritz for $1.79. This is from the Ontario flyer on SmartCanucks.

I'm still waiting for Ritz and Co. to go back down to 2/$3 but I guess that'll never happen again. Same with Ruffles/Sun Chips at 2/$3. :(

Price-protect the Cadbury bars!

Has anyone seen that no one in the stands is actually watching the action? I know it's a randomization routine but I would really think that at least 50% of those faces should be looking down at the ice at least.

If it's a Leafs game most of them should be on their Blackberrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom