• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just grabbed the last copy (on the shelf) of NHL 13 360 from FS Yonge and Eglinton. Apparently their in-store pickup is down so they aren't actually receiving any online orders. There were three people in line when I got there just doing the trade-in at lunch. The guy right in front of me said he had a pickup for the Stanley Cup edition but they didn't have it. So he had to go regular. Glad I grabbed mine off the shelf.

As I was leaving I saw a card filled with PS3 CEs and two 360 ones so make sure to ask if you go to a store. They may have more to shelve.

*looks at back of box*

Wow, there is nothing in this thing I want. I don't even give a shit about the steel case.

Quick

Banned
Has anyone seen that no one in the stands is actually watching the action? I know it's a randomization routine but I would really think that at least 50% of those faces should be looking down at the ice at least.

I remember a few years ago, one of the complaints about the game was how the crowd was so static and was just staring at the ice. Oh, and they were all dudes.

nhl_07_profilelarge.jpg

If it's a Leafs game most of them should be on their Blackberrys.

The upper bowl would be watching!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, EB is selling Tekken Tag for 50 bucks instead of 60. I have no idea why though, unless they know about all the pre-order bonus deals that FS did a while ago.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Walmart anniversary sale starts tomorrow and there are some solid deals, esp. if you want a system late in the cycle:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walma...-45-a-1227458/

PS3 160GB w/ Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 - $199
360 4GB Kinect Family Bundle - $199
3DS - $119
MW3 - $19
Max Payne 3 - $19
Buy Borderlands 2, get Borderlands 1 for free

Is Max Payne still a trade in game? lol

Ah, doesn't look like it. Too bad. lol

Sora_N

Well, you could only get 4 of them for that price, so probably not worth the bother to save $2, but if you really care, you could return/rebuy them if they won't adjust the price for you.

Will I still keep the points though? I'm trying to look at the flyer right now at work but it's not loading, when does the 8000 points go until, if anyone knows?

Sora_N

BWAHAHHAHGAH Futureshop people are some of the dumbest around. Wow I just traded a copy of NHL 12 and MW3 that are both cracked in the middle and need to have the game installed in order to work for a collector edition of NHL 13. He didnt even checked what games I had and if they even worked, I should have brought my crappy old PS3 games to trade in. So I got rid of 2 scratched/broken games for a CE edition.

When I did my legit trade-in, the guy didn't even open the cases for my sealed games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BWAHAHHAHGAH Futureshop people are some of the dumbest around. Wow I just traded a copy of NHL 12 and MW3 that are both cracked in the middle and need to have the game installed in order to work for a collector edition of NHL 13. He didnt even checked what games I had and if they even worked, I should have brought my crappy old PS3 games to trade in. So I got rid of 2 scratched/broken games for a CE edition.
I look forward to you getting the same kind of response that Hero of Legend got.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'm going to wait until NHL 14, I skipped 12, I can skip 13. I have the power.

Man, and I was worried about trading in my copy of MW3 because the disc was a little scratched up (bought it used from FS though).

I remember that now, the first MW3 I bought used from FS had a crack. I had to come back and exchange it. :(

So, no, I'm not really a fan of people trading in their broken shit.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
How much will I get for Sleeping Dogs PS3 at Best Buy?

Thinking of getting the PC version. :D

SMT

Just list on CRaigslist or somethin'? You might as well buy the PC version digitally, it'll be a lot cheaper.

True dat, I'll buy the digital version, I also forgot I haven't updated Sleeping Dogs PS3 and still have the Fight Club DLC glitch. ;d

Or maybe through the B/S/T on GAF. It just came out, so I think people would be reasonable with how much they'd be willing to pay.

Americans buy from Canada?

http://www.tivs.ca/trade-in-values/ shows $28 at both FS and BB as of last week.
Thieves!

Sora_N

True dat, I'll buy the digital version, I also forgot I haven't updated Sleeping Dogs PS3 and still have the Fight Club DLC glitch. ;d

Americans buy from Canada?

Thieves!

Sometimes they do? I've actually never sold to anyone in the US on GAF before though.

If I had the extra dough I'd probably buy SD off you, but I'm holding off for now on it. :/

SMT

Sometimes they do? I've actually never sold to anyone in the US on GAF before though.

If I had the extra dough I'd probably buy SD off you, but I'm holding off for now on it. :/

Yeah, the best version is PC, I'll wait for the inevitable Winter sale. C:

SMT

Get an extra $17 in value by waiting until Sunday and trading it straight up for Kirby Collection* for Wii. :p

*Assuming it's still on the list at FS.

Sounds good, I'll trade-in Sleeping Dogs for the Collection, then trade the Kirby Collection in for more monie$.

Socreges

Banned
When does the trade 2 for NHL 13 CE deal expire? Still trying to snag my copy of Arkham City from a friend, plus picking up MW3 tomorrow

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Might finally pick up a 3DS at that WalMart Anniversary sale

Given that it's not even under $100, I'd suggest waiting for an XL sale this holiday season. Even at $149.99, it would be worth the cost because of the improvement in comfort alone. OG 3DS destroys hands, and is very uncomfortable. XL is fantastic to hold for extended periods.

wingz

Am I the only one who thinks that the Kirby Collection is a complete and utter ripoff? These are 10+ year old games, which are straight up ports. Why is this collection $10 more than the Mario collection? Compare to the price of HD remasters from other systems, you get much more value @ a cheaper price.

Btw: There where quite a few NHL CEs left @ Heartland, if anyone is interested.

SMT

Am I the only one who thinks that the Kirby Collection is a complete and utter ripoff? These are 10+ year old games, which are straight up ports. Why is this collection $10 more than the Mario collection? Compare to the price of HD remasters from other systems, you get much more value @ a cheaper price.

Btw: There where quite a few NHL CE's left @ Heartland, if anyone is interested.

You may be right, but I'm hoping for it to be colorful. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Btw: There where quite a few NHL CE's left @ Heartland, if anyone is interested.
I agree compared to HD collections on other consoles but the Mario Collection was a piece of shit.

sikkinixx

Pre-ordered from FS it was $30 which I was willing to pay.

wingz

You may be right, but I'm hoping for it to be colorful. :D

Looking at the cover, I think that's the only thing Nintendo got right with this package ha ha.

I agree compared to HD collections on other consoles but the Mario Collection was a piece of shit.

I totally agree. I just wanted to compare it other Nintendo "premium" collections. The funny thing is, the Mario collection sold out in one day (the first shipment), even at the premium pricing.

I'm a little skeptical that the Kibry collection will sell out like the Mario one.

iphys

I wouldn't have bought it for $40 since I'm not really a Kirby fan, but I think the games would cost about that much if you bought them on VC. You are getting 6 games vs 4 on the Mario compilation, so $40 is probably a fair price to ask.

daevv

The Walmart flyer shows it starting tomorrow (12th) will that be across Canada or just Quebec? Flyers/Sales usually start on Fridays here in NL.

Edit: NM 14th here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom