• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
So for you Ottawa people, me and Stump cleared out the Rideau street location. The Rideau Centre and St Laurent Centre locations only have Cadbury Mini Eggs left for the 8k points promo.

So can i redeem optimum points immediately? Do they have current ps3 games? I really just want to get the Infamous collection and the Killzone collection when it comes out.

Given that it's not even under $100, I'd suggest waiting for an XL sale this holiday season. Even at $149.99, it would be worth the cost because of the improvement in comfort alone. OG 3DS destroys hands, and is very uncomfortable. XL is fantastic to hold for extended periods.

XL sale this holiday you say, where is this sale rumored at?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks pretty good. I'm glad the game case isn't pink at least. I hate pink. Poor Kirby.

White Kirby forever.

j3HBZjhiHtWLd.png

BWAHAHHAHGAH Futureshop people are some of the dumbest around. Wow I just traded a copy of NHL 12 and MW3 that are both cracked in the middle and need to have the game installed in order to work for a collector edition of NHL 13. He didnt even checked what games I had and if they even worked, I should have brought my crappy old PS3 games to trade in. So I got rid of 2 scratched/broken games for a CE edition.

Wow, when I trade in games they always look at the discs and everything, what's going to happen when someone does buy it and finds it broken?

Still quite the lucky trade, but for the future buyer, not so much, but hopefully the buyer will be able to exchange them.

Sajjaja

Wow, when I trade in games they always look at the discs and everything, what's going to happen when someone does buy it and finds it broken?

Still quite the lucky trade, but for the future buyer, not so much, but hopefully the buyer will be able to exchange them.

I bought a used copy of Dark Souls, I walked out of the store and opened it only to find a copy of NHL 10. This was at Futureshop too.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
So for you Ottawa people, me and Stump cleared out the Rideau street location. The Rideau Centre and St Laurent Centre locations only have Cadbury Mini Eggs left for the 8k points promo.

I'll start clearing out locations tomorrow then. Biggu bars.

wingz

Nintendo did it right with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Why they did a reprint of Mario All-Stars and not that baffles me.

Yeah MPT was an amazing package. It makes you wonder why they couldn't have done something similar for Mario's 25th package. My guess is Retro had some say in whole packaging design of MPT.

It's easy money to repring DVD with ROMs compared to reprinting a Steelbook package that still wouldn't have sold as well compared to Mario's 25th Anniversary game.

And that White Kirby is stuff of Nightmares.

I guess I spoke of mine was less bragging and more trying to tell of an easy way to do it to help others, it did seem less sleazy when I first did it before posting. :/

I didn't mean you, I was talking about the victorious story of trading broken games in, which is just an example of what you will find on RFD.

You could make a living off Future Shop's messed up trading system. Spend $25 on games, trade those in for a newly released 80 dollar Collector's Edition game, sell that on Craig's List, repeat the process at 3 or 4 different locations.

You could make a living off Future Shop's messed up trading system. Spend $25 on games, trade those in for a newly released 80 dollar Collector's Edition game, sell that on Craig's List, repeat the process at 3 or 4 different locations.

Nah only piece of shit RFDers do that
When they get rid of trade-ins we'll all wonder why

Omzz

For me at least I don't think it's worth the time or effort. I'm only going to trade stuff for something I want, otherwise I won't bother

For me at least I don't think it's worth the time or effort. I'm only going to trade stuff for something I want, otherwise I won't bother

Same, but if one was so inclined, it's not a bad source of income. I just remembered they ask for your credentials every time so they'd probably put a stop to you after a time.

zroid

Banned
Daaaammn yoouuu Atlus, why couldn't Code of Princess be released a week earlier (in September)!? Would've been perfect for my $20 coupon from buying the XL. Gah.

Maybe I will just use it on LBP Vita after all. Really wasn't planning on buying it now, but with Kirby supposedly getting the trade 1 treatment, I guess it's the best solution.

Walmart anniversary sale starts tomorrow and there are some solid deals, esp. if you want a system late in the cycle:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walm...l-flyer-qc-sep-12-18-flyer-post-45-a-1227458/

PS3 160GB w/ Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 - $199
360 4GB Kinect Family Bundle - $199
3DS - $119
MW3 - $19
Max Payne 3 - $19
Buy Borderlands 2, get Borderlands 1 for free

UPDATE! This sale starts today (the 12th) in Quebec, but the 14th in Ontario. So, for now, false alarm. Sorry y'all.

Yes!

Best Buy and Future Shop has a trade 2 for NHL 13 deal. NHL 12 is on their list. If you have another game on their trade in list, you're good to go.

Thanks! I should probably get that done ASAP.

EDIT: Wow, NHL 12 and MLB 12 for NHL 13. That's sorta a steal.

Or the crazy people who bought hundreds of chocolate bars. (Check out ebay for Dairy Milk bars...lol)

Ugh this is crazy, they don't even wanna keep the chocolate they bought at a discounted price, no they are selling it for a 50% profit. One day all these stores will never make such promos. I've seen one myself running into SDM with a backpack searching the whole place with his friend for Cadbury bars but the store was already cleaned. Looked exactly like the imaginary image of a hoarder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom