• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade 2 for the Indy collection? I was going to wait on that but I may go for it!

Halo: Anniversary Edition is gone from the list this week as well.

Sora_N

Did you guys see the trade list at FS yet? Wow most of the games aren't poop anymore, they took out Twisted Metal...guess I'm gonna return mine even though I PM'd for it.

I'll just stick with my $24.99 Best Buy preorder, heh. The cheapo games option doesn't really work this time around, the cheapest game is probably $20, and I have to waste more time finding them.

Do BestBuy or FutureShop have in-store preorders for the Wii U yet? Can someone call for me please since I'm at school and it's long distance call for me? Thanks.

isny

napkin dispenser
Kingdom Hearts for Kirby? Yes please. I just couldn't get into DDD, that Pokemon crap killed it for me.

I was so looking forward to it too because of the Tron stuff =(

Wait, Champion Jockey is still on the list!?! Guess I'm getting Indy too!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Guild Wars 2 or Kirby Collection? :D

Sora_N

Damn! I hope Arkham City is still on the list.

List is already up. Arkham City is valid for both PS3 and Xbox it seems.

Also BB/FS allows refund of used games as long as I don't open them right? I asked some girl like 8 months ago and she was like no can't return, which I think was bs as it makes no sense.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amazing Spider-Man Wii is on the list and FS sells copies for $9.99. The problem? Sold out online and I doubt you'll find a copy in-store.

About Batman Arkham City, even though it doesn't say it in the list they mean the GotY version. That's the UPC they have in their system and YMMV when trying to get them to accept the original version. It worked for me when I got Sleeping Dogs but I know at least 1 person who was denied.

kswiston

Shoppers killed the chocolate bar gravy train. You can only get one bonus point offer now per customer.

Per visit/day or over the entire duration of the promo? I was planning on hitting one of the stores tomorrow morning on my way to the zoo for some snacks, but I took advantage of the 8000 points promo twice earlier this week, and may reconsider if I no longer qualify. Would be extra mad if they take back 8k of the 16k points I got from the promo. They weren't even from the same store.

Sora_N

Per visit/day or over the entire duration of the promo? I was planning on hitting one of the stores tomorrow morning on my way to the zoo for some snacks, but I took advantage of the 8000 points promo twice earlier this week, and may reconsider if I no longer qualify. Would be extra mad if they take back 8k of the 16k points I got from the promo. They weren't even from the same store.

If they take back my points I'll return the chocolate, but I doubt they will take back points. I think it's meant for like "from now onwards" when you buy chocolate, if you can even find any.

isny

napkin dispenser

Some of us bought $100 or more worth of chocolate... =p

Socreges

Banned
About Batman Arkham City, even though it doesn't say it in the list they mean the GotY version. That's the UPC they have in their system and YMMV when trying to get them to accept the original version. It worked for me when I got Sleeping Dogs but I know at least 1 person who was denied.
Sweet. Traded in the non-GOTY version just last night for NHL 13.

snorggy

anyone seen any deals for Asura's Wrath for ps3? I've been waiting for price drop but I'm afraid it'll become hard to find so I figure I should jump in soon.

Kazerei

Banned
Does the trade in have to happen on release day? Do FS allow you to trade in your game early, and return with the receipt later?

The trade in has to happen when you pick up Kirby or Borderlands 2 or whatever game. You can't trade in ahead of time. The deal and the qualifying list lasts all week by the way.

Fularu

Banned
I can't seem to be able to preorder the WiiU at BestBuy's site :/ the link just says "Don't use it" or something like that and the preorder button doesn'T work

Anyone else has the same issue or placed their preorder?

I can't seem to be able to preorder the WiiU at BestBuy's site :/ the link just says "Don't use it" or something like that and the preorder button doesn'T work

Anyone else has the same issue or placed their preorder?

Some people on RFD mentioned being able to preorder in-store by nagging them to look up the SKU. My sister called BestBuy and my friend called earlier too, and they said "yep, come on in and preorder!" When my friend went there, and my dad went there on two separate occasions, they said they can't do any preorders since they don't have any information yet. But clearly other people were able to preorder.

Fuck BestBuy.

Fularu

Banned
Some people on RFD mentioned being able to preorder in-store by nagging them to look up the SKU. My sister called BestBuy and my friend called earlier too, and they said "yep, come on in and preorder!" When my friend went there, and my dad went there on two separate occasions, they said they can't do any preorders since they don't have any information yet. But clearly other people were able to preorder.

Fuck BestBuy.

I'm in France right now, so I need to do it on the website (comingback october 24th, which will probably be way too late to preorder)

sikkinixx

So... how good has FS been traditionally at system pre-orders? I ordered 20 minutes after it went live yesterday but their general incompetence has me a bit worried I'll be waiting until March to get my Wii U.

Apparently EB Games is allowed to sell them early, but nowhere seems to have gotten a shipment. I know the Future Shop in Kanata (Ottawa) has them in, but they refused to sell them. I'm doubly annoyed at that; I'm traveling to Europe for a week for work tomorrow, and having LBP for the flights would have been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom