• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

Just a reminder, Rogers/Fido have trimmed the update window from 24 months to 30 so anyone who HUP'd when iPhone 4 came out is fucked until next year.
My (grandfathered) plan still allows me to do a HUP every 12 months on Rogers, so I'm good. That being said, I won't be using it on the iPhone 5 but I will be (likely) using it on the Lumia 920.

Which is actually down, I think.

At least, I remember an unlocked 4s being 949 a while ago.

Actually it went up with iPhone 5.
It used to be 650, 750 and 850$ for 16,32 and 64 Gb. Plus tax of course.
I think I'm gonna preorder online a white 32gb one hope UPS will be good as they were with the new iPad.

Do you have anything to back that up? I thought it was because it straddles the line between food a toy so the FDA banned them.

Hmmm... couldn't find anything on it. Perhaps I was wrong. Though I did find that something like 4 children died worldwide between 1981 to 1998. Some family with the last name Ashton was trying to get it banned from UK because their child died from one.

Well it is the most advancest phone... ever!

Just isn't the same hype without Steve Jobs sales hype.

zroid

Banned
Bleh, I hope I'll be able to use Optimum points on this thing. Don't let me down, Shoppers... At 350, I'm gonna need to.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Conflicted about preordering. Futureshop usually has their midnight launch for major Nintendo products now, but they don't sell preorders are midnight.. instead they tell people with preorders to come back in the morning. At least that's how it was for Skyward Sword and 3DS.

Might pick up a preorder just to be safe, but try for the midnight launch anyway.

nordique

They'll probably do in-store preorders as well.

That said, I can't believe anyone is considering buying this thing!

Let's not go down that road, shall we?

Some people are simply fans of Nintendo games and products. All there is to it.

Its like when I buy an iMac and people tell me I'm overpaying (which I am tech-wise) it doesn't matter, I like and want the Apple product

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Conflicted about preordering. Futureshop usually has their midnight launch for major Nintendo products now, but they don't sell preorders are midnight.. instead they tell people with preorders to come back in the morning. At least that's how it was for Skyward Sword and 3DS.

Might pick up a preorder just to be safe, but try for the midnight launch anyway.
Exactly.

I think the only way I'm picking up a Wii U at those prices is if there is a Tsilon $100 off coupon.
I'm also hoping for this but it won't stop me at the current price. It's just money. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Let's not go down that road, shall we?

Some people are simply fans of Nintendo games and products. All there is to it.

Its like when I buy an iMac and people tell me I'm overpaying (which I am tech-wise) it doesn't matter, I like and want the Apple product
Honestly, I just heard the price so I'm reacting to that more than anything else. lol

I think this probably means yet another 499 or even 599 next gen console from MS or Sony though... which is the scary part.

iphys

It's too bad the Deluxe version is so much better than the Basic -- gonna have to spring for that to get the 32 GB storage (really don't want to be short of space and playing musical chairs with an SD card like on the Wii). I hope Shoppers keeps mailing out these 16,000 bonus points coupons for spending $100, as it might be worth getting the Deluxe Wii U and a filler so that you could use the bonus point coupon with the Mega redemption.

zroid

Banned
I preordered one from BB! I'm probably gonna cancel, but I'd rather have one ready for me if I do want it.

Agreed, I'll probably do the same.

gonna have to spring for that to get the 32 GB storage (really don't want to be short of space and playing musical chairs with an SD card like on the Wii)

I'm getting the Deluxe, just because it seems like a WAY better value, even disregarding the additional memory, but I think the best solution for storage is external hard drive.

I have a bunch of 500GB hard drives lying around, most with hardly anything on them, so one of those should do the trick.

Reich

Preordered Borderlands II on FS days ago (10$ offers).

Can i switch my preorder to ps3 version without losing the 10$ credit?

Lothars

Honestly, I just heard the price so I'm reacting to that more than anything else. lol

I think this probably means yet another 499 or even 599 next gen console from MS or Sony though... which is the scary part.
I would say 499 at the very most for the next gen MS and Sony Consoles but I would even see them being 399.

isny

napkin dispenser
Too bad there were no must have games announced for the Wii-U launch. I think I'll just buy a 3DS XL with my Optimum points from the deal this week and end up ebaying it.

I can't see myself paying ANOTHER $130 on top of the $100 already spent on chocolate for a Wii-U. I just can't see the value for the money. Even only paying $230 for it still doesn't fell like value for the money.

joedick

Can FS BB or EB online pre-orders be cancelled at any time after they are placed?

I'd like to pre-order the Wii U while I can, but would ultimately prefer to get it at TRU when they put their pre-orders up. I just cashed in all my change for a St Laurent gift card :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom