• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Just got a shipping notice for my preorder of Kirby's Dream Collection! I really hope, by some miracle, it arrives tomorrow. Otherwise I think I'll be waiting until Monday. It's through Canada Post, from Mississauga to Waterloo.

nordique

Does anyone know if the Gamestop Wii U preorder sell-out includes EBgames?

Just wondering if I should preorder from futureshop now or something...

Can you apply one of these 20$ to a game I preordered online? I remember someone at RFD said you can take the game to the store after receiving it and they will apply the coupon and refund the amount to your credit card.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

I would probably just order from Future Shop or Best Buy.

I didn't even bother checking with EB. Plus they require upfront $50 (something I'm not comfortable doing with EB in case they fuck up). FS/BB don't charge you until it's time to ship the product out.

iphys

Just got a shipping notice for my preorder of Kirby's Dream Collection! I really hope, by some miracle, it arrives tomorrow. Otherwise I think I'll be waiting until Monday. It's through Canada Post, from Mississauga to Waterloo.

Canada Post still delivers to you on Saturdays? They usually don't even get around to delivering my mail on Mondays, so I usually only get stuff Tuesday-Friday. Now that they're combining mail delivery with parcel delivery, I'm pretty sure I have no chance of getting parcels on Saturday -- can't remember ever getting a parcel on a Saturday except for like one time 20 years ago, and it was shortly before x-mas so they probably only did it because they were so busy.

nordique

My EB had units around 6PM of the premium unit.

I would probably just order from Future Shop or Best Buy.

I didn't even bother checking with EB. Plus they require upfront $50 (something I'm not comfortable doing with EB in case they fuck up). FS/BB don't charge you until it's time to ship the product out.

Thanks guys, I might have to order from futureshop in that case, I won't be home for a while yet so the preorders might be done by the time I am able to do so

I took advantage of the 8000 points promo twice earlier this week, and may reconsider if I no longer qualify. Would be extra mad if they take back 8k of the 16k points I got from the promo. They weren't even from the same store.

I'm just happy to have gotten delicious chocolate. :9

wow, I didn't know the demand for the Wii U was so high. Maybe I should get one anyway.

Went to my Ebgames here in Montreal, and I was the tenth guy ordering the deluxe. So Yes there's still a chance you can order one at eb. But I'm also concerned if they are taking preorders without knowing full well how many units they are supposed to get.

the wal mart deal posted about earlier has started. i think my bro is grabbing a ps3 160 gb plus uncharted 1 and 3 for $199, pretty sweet deal

i grabbed max payne 3 for 19 bucks, and la noire for 19 bucks (i know this one isn't part of the sale). they are also selling LBP vita early and for some reason its cheaper then the MSRP. 32 bucks plus tax. grabbed one of these as well :)

first time i have bought games in a while

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, random non-deal related question - the carriers are doing 1gb and 6gb data plans at the moment and I was wondering, for the people with smart phones, how much data do you all use?

I'm just not sure what to get, and of course, it ends up being a $360 difference between the plans over the course of the contract so I'm trying to be smart about it. lol

Sora_N

So, random non-deal related question - the carriers are doing 1gb and 6gb data plans at the moment and I was wondering, for the people with smart phones, how much data do you all use?

I'm just not sure what to get, and of course, it ends up being a $360 difference between the plans over the course of the contract so I'm trying to be smart about it. lol

I use 500mb, I got over sometimes. I just check email, neogaf, etc though. 1gb should be fine unless you're a heavy user then go for 6.

Ondore

Managed to find a $20 copy of Air Conflicts: Secret Wars for 360. How this is on the FS trade 1 list I don't know, but yay for cheap Kirby.

Blackberry user, 250-300MB/month with heavy Twitter and light browsing.

nordique

Went to my Ebgames here in Montreal, and I was the tenth guy ordering the deluxe. So Yes there's still a chance you can order one at eb. But I'm also concerned if they are taking preorders without knowing full well how many units they are supposed to get.

Merci Bookerman, j'espère que non!

I am in Calgary right now on business and won't be able to return for a while...if it turns out I miss the pre-orders, then so be it...I will chance it though

Kazerei

Banned
Canada Post still delivers to you on Saturdays? They usually don't even get around to delivering my mail on Mondays, so I usually only get stuff Tuesday-Friday. Now that they're combining mail delivery with parcel delivery, I'm pretty sure I have no chance of getting parcels on Saturday -- can't remember ever getting a parcel on a Saturday except for like one time 20 years ago, and it was shortly before x-mas so they probably only did it because they were so busy.

Now that I think about it, the only time I've received a package on Saturday was with express or priority shipping. I guess with regular shipping, it's just going to sit until Monday :\

firehawk12

Subete no aware
if you're not streaming videos 1 GB should be enough. Also depends which phone you're getting though

Yeah, I'm just a bit worried about going crazy on LTE.

This is like those Bell FIBE plans that give you crazy speeds, but only let you download like 50gb a month. lol

Firestorm

The 6GB should be the same price as the 1GB normally. Which plans are you looking at?

zroid

Banned
I formerly had Rogers' 6GB for $30 plan but never used anywhere near that much so the fam and I opted for a more sensible 4GB shared across three devices.

muuuuch better

kennah

It isn't for everyone but the 6gb plan is sure nice when I go on tour.

Also at the office my 3G is faster than the company internet.

Quick

Banned
I barely hit over 1 or 2GB on my 6GB plan, but I like not ever having to worry about going over it. And I can tether my iPad and MacBook Pro without thinking about a limit.

krae_man

I use 2-3gb of data/month but I stream a lot of podcasts since I have unlimited data. That reminds me I need to switch to Winds BTS plan.

zroid

Banned
I am sick as hell, due in no small part to already have been slightly ill and going to the Zelda concert anyway (which was totally worth it btw), but I'm once again not gonna let that stop me from picking up Kirby in 2 hours! ISPU placed! :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

... You're Canadian? Why did I think you were English? Must have been the Clarkson avatar for so long, hahaha.

zroid

Banned
Oh so I went to Shoppers this morning, they've adjusted the system so the 8000 points are no longer awarded instantaneously.

I am sick as hell, due in no small part to already have been slightly ill and going to the Zelda concert anyway (which was totally worth it btw), but I'm once again not gonna let that stop me from picking up Kirby in 2 hours! ISPU placed! :D

Were you one of the people who commented on my zelda concert video? Cuz I got a bunch of those. ;)
Such a great concert!

Luigi87

What's a little health for one of the most amazing musical experiences ever?

Such an incredible concert.

soultron

Banned
How is WIND? I've been so tempted to get on their $29 plan, but I'm still skeptical about their coverage.

I live in Toronto now so the coverage isn't a huge concern for me. Whereabouts do you live?

Waiting to see iPhone 5 rates with them (and others) before I do the same.

I was waiting for the 5 reveal to decide between a GS3 and the 5. Decided to go with the GS3. I feel you on that though. What are you estimating? $300 on the tab with the $40/mo plan?

I noticed this weekend (14 - 16 Sept) you get a free month, so that kind of sealed the deal. Telus was very straight to business with the cancelling since I still have 15 mo. left, no surprise there. The loyalty agent was nice enough and I didn't get angry and start demanding stuff. Still, at $70 a month (I had a really good plan, but I didn't use 6 GB of data and they weren't willing to reduce and drop the price I pay for data.) I estimated that $250 to cancel is a pittance versus >$1000 for the remaining 15 months with Telus.

... You're Canadian? Why did I think you were English? Must have been the Clarkson avatar for so long, hahaha.

There are two Bookerman. Problem is, I was here first. ;)

I've been on GAF since 2002.

Though I'm also a Jeremy Clarkson fan, I've never had a Jezza avatar.

Nordique said:
Merci Bookerman, j'espère que non!

I am in Calgary right now on business and won't be able to return for a while...if it turns out I miss the pre-orders, then so be it...I will chance it though

Aucun Problème, ça fait plaisir.

About Batman Arkham City, even though it doesn't say it in the list they mean the GotY version. That's the UPC they have in their system and YMMV when trying to get them to accept the original version. It worked for me when I got Sleeping Dogs but I know at least 1 person who was denied.

Just wanted to say I traded in AC for Kirby dream collection with no problems this morning.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They changed that though, I have 250 gb now lol
How generous of them. lol

Waiting to see iPhone 5 rates with them (and others) before I do the same.
Aren't they all the same? It just seems convenient how they don't actually compete with each other anyway.

Oh so I went to Shoppers this morning, they've adjusted the system so the 8000 points are no longer awarded instantaneously.
Oh, I missed this. I actually wanted to go and get some today, but I guess it's over. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom