• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Canada Post decided to give me a Pick-up card instead of trying to deliver it to my house. lame

as for the DLC, I still haven't got an email from futureshop. hope it's in the parcel I get tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised FS messed up another one of my pre-order items.

Happened to me with Kirby Collection. I was home when they 'tried to deliver', but didn't receive a knock, or call. Of course, I still prefer dealing with CP over UPS.

Do you guys think that Skyrim and Battlefield 3 for Borderlands 2 is a good deal (PS3 versions)?

I mean, Skyrim on PS3 is such a piece of crap I'm surprised anyone would take it. I'm just worried I'll see BL2 for $20 in December.

ElNino

Do you guys think that Skyrim and Battlefield 3 for Borderlands 2 is a good deal (PS3 versions)?

I mean, Skyrim on PS3 is such a piece of crap I'm surprised anyone would take it. I'm just worried I'll see BL2 for $20 in December.
That only depends on whether you play those games anymore. 90% of the time when I do a trade-in promo, it's for games I haven't played in months and probably won't play anytime soon, so it's a pretty good deal I think.

That only depends on whether you play those games anymore. 90% of the time when I do a trade-in promo, it's for games I haven't played in months and probably won't play anytime soon, so it's a pretty good deal I think.

Yeah you're totally right. I haven't even touched those games in months. Better to get something for them then to sit on my shelf.

Do you think the Wii U will have as huge a demand (and shortage) as the original Wii did?

I thought the 3DS would and was wrong about that.

Also, would people buy a locked iPhone 5 for full price?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Do you think the Wii U will have as huge a demand (and shortage) as the original Wii did?

I thought the 3DS would and was wrong about that.

Also, would people buy a locked iPhone 5 for full price?

I imagine it will be 'tough' to find one prior to Christmas due to supply and demand, but I don't think the demand will extend out for months.. or years.. like the Wii did. 3DS was in a much different spot, with a late March release, weaker launch titles, and in perspective, a much steeper price tag for a portable.

krae_man

Sunday release date for the WiiU is crap. In order to save my $50 off with the Tsilon Code I'm stuck getting it on Monday at the earliest.

I have a EB preorder as well so I should be good. I can sell the other one easily enough.

cjkeats

I'm banking on Wal-mart, only thing open before 12 on a Sunday that would sell a Wii U.
Not overly dying to get it, so no biggie if I don't. It's the thrill of the hunt.

cjkeats

I have a feeling lots of places will do Midnight Launches.

In my city, probably only one of the 4 EB's will, that's the usual thing for here for big games.
Maybe Best Buy too, because we just got one of those earlier this year and they did one for MW3, but they're pretty light on the games thing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hmm. That makes me want that. I'm a sucker for high demand. :/
I still have my full priced WiiU order from Best Buy that I'll let you have at cost if you promise not to scalp it. Of course that all depends on whether I get my discounted Future Shop order at launch or not.

I still have my full priced WiiU order from Best Buy that I'll let you have at cost if you promise not to scalp it. Of course that all depends on whether I get my discounted Future Shop order at launch or not.

Not completely sold on it yet. Was going to use my $100 gift card towards it too. The gift card is what has made me so tempted.

Fuzzy

Not completely sold on it yet. Was going to use my $100 gift card towards it too. The gift card is what has made me so tempted.
No problem. If you're not able to get it with the gift card and still want it at launch then let me know.

zroid

Banned
I really have no idea where I'm going to get 400 bucks (after taxes) to pay for this thing at full price. If I have to line up outside a Shoppers for 10 hours to get one there, I probably will.

krae_man

You won't. Launch is a Sunday. Canada Post doesn't work on Sundays.

therapist

My freind gave me his tsilon code for 50$ off the Wii U , AWESOME.

Deluxe for basic price pre ordered.

Also had zombiu and nsmbu pre'd for 40 each thanks to tsilon.

Thanks Tsilon!

Fuzzy

You won't. Launch is a Sunday. Canada Post doesn't work on Sundays.
I meant the Monday. I'm just worried my FS order that I placed on Monday won't be a part of FS's first shipment. I'm not worried about the same thing for my BB order which I placed last week Thursday right after the page went live.

I've been given the impression that a lot of retailers have learned from past console launches and only take orders for what they can get at launch so that no one is screwed.

Fuzzy

I've been given the impression that a lot of retailers have learned from past console launches and only take orders for what they can get at launch so that no one is screwed.
I really doubt that FS/BB knows what their exact shipment number will be at this point. Saying that, hopefully they're erring on the side of caution.

krae_man

I really doubt that FS/BB knows what their exact shipment number will be at this point. Saying that, hopefully they're erring on the side of caution.

Did you get an email saying they will call you and you need to speak to them in person within 5 business days?

iphys

I really have no idea where I'm going to get 400 bucks (after taxes) to pay for this thing at full price. If I have to line up outside a Shoppers for 10 hours to get one there, I probably will.

Lol. I still have a hard time believing that the demand for the Wii U is real (a lot of people are just looking to scalp I think), but if the masses line up anywhere, I don't think it will be SDM. I don't really want one that much, so if I can't find one, I'll happily wait for the scalpers to return them to the store when they realize the demand isn't huge enough for people to pay above the msrp.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lol. I still have a hard time believing that the demand for the Wii U is real (a lot of people are just looking to scalp I think), but if the masses line up anywhere, I don't think it will be SDM. I don't really want one that much, so if I can't find one, I'll happily wait for the scalpers to return them to the store when they realize the demand isn't huge enough for people to pay above the msrp.
You know what though, given that even Kinect and Move were sold out for a couple of months when they came out... I realized that people will want the new thing even if they don't know what it is or why they want it.

You know what though, given that even Kinect and Move were sold out for a couple of months when they came out... I realized that people will want the new thing even if they don't know what it is or why they want it.

I'm bad for this. :(

I do know that I will eventually want a Wii U for Nintendo games.

I'm only in because of the tsilon thing. And even then, I'm probably not even going to open it for a while. lol

I wouldn't consider it if it wasn't for the $100 gift card burning a hole in my wallet. I jumped in on the 3DS in a similar fashion and actually wasn't disappointed. I'm a big fan of my 3DS.

krae_man

No idea what you're talking about. All I got was the standard "we received your order" emails for both of them.

I got this:

Hi krae_man:

Thanks for ordering with us at futureshop.ca! Your order number is 123456789.

We'll be calling you sometime soon at the Bill To phone number you gave to us to confirm the information on your order.

Some details can only be discussed with the credit card account holder in person.

You'll receive two more email reminders from us in the next 5 business days. But if we don't hear from you within that time, we'll have to cancel this order.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I didn't get sent to "Verified by Visa" during the process.

zorbsie

Anyone have any experience with undelivered preorder codes form futureshop? Got borderlands 2 yesterday and no premium club code anywhere. Is there no way of getting that now?

iphys

There must be a lot of people that made the mistake of buying a Wii because it was the big thing, only to have it sit and collect dust after they played Wii Sports for a week, so I think those people will think twice about mindlessly buying the Wii U.

I never got my Wii till 2008, so I'm more patient than most people, but I actually wanted the Wii to try the motion controls and also to play Tetris Party, whereas there's no special feature or game for the Wii U that interests me enough to justify the price. I'd rather play games in 3D on my 3DS, and I still have a bunch of Wii games to play, so I can wait if need be. Basically, it won't count as a real system to me until a Tetris game is announced, lol.

krae_man

I called from work and they told me I need to call from the billing phone number. I'll do that when my shift is over.

Actually it said they would call me and if they don't hear from me in 5 business days they will cancel the order. And since they didn't call Monday or Tuesday I'm for damn sure not waiting any longer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I called from work and they told me I need to call from the billing phone number. I'll do that when my shift is over.

Actually it said they would call me and if they don't hear from me in 5 business days they will cancel the order. And since they didn't call Monday or Tuesday I'm for damn sure not waiting any longer.
That happens when you use a new card or something. It's their annoying security thing. Imagine the annoyance I went through when I lived in Ottawa but my billing address was in Toronto since I was only there for a year. Whee. :p

There must be a lot of people that made the mistake of buying a Wii because it was the big thing, only to have it sit and collect dust after they played Wii Sports for a week, so I think those people will think twice about mindlessly buying the Wii U.

I never got my Wii till 2008, so I'm more patient than most people, but I actually wanted the Wii to try the motion controls and also to play Tetris Party, whereas there's no special feature or game for the Wii U that interests me enough to justify the price. I'd rather play games in 3D on my 3DS, and I still have a bunch of Wii games to play, so I can wait if need be. Basically, it won't count as a real system to me until a Tetris game is announced, lol.

People didn't think when they bought the Kinect or the Move though. lol
I fully expect the WiiU to be hard to find until after the holidays at least.

krae_man

Oh it's not new, it's the card on file. I still think it's the lack of verified by Visa that happened since the site was crapping out on Monday when I placed the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom