• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting an iPhone 5 16gb Black on Rogers carrier and wanna trade for a 16gb S3 White MINT CONDITION?

PM ME!

How does this make any sense? Someone is going to sign a new 3 year contract and then all if the sudden decide they want a used galaxy s 3? My mind is full of fuck. The only way this works is predicated on the fact that someone is going to get the iPhone 5 use it too much and not be able to Do a buyers remorse. So it is a preemptive offer? Derp.

krae_man

How does this make any sense? Someone is going to sign a new 3 year contract and then all if the sudden decide they want a used galaxy s 3? My mind is full of fuck. The only way this works is predicated on the fact that someone is going to get the iPhone 5 use it too much and not be able to Do a buyers remorse. So it is a preemptive offer? Derp.

Especially since S3's are cheeper on a 3 year contract then an iPhone 5. You can get a S3 for $0 on contract right now for crying out loud.

"Hey guys anyone going to the bank to take out a $100 bill want to trade it for my mint $20 bill?"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I'm confused - are there some Futureshops where you can pre-order to pick up in store now? Someone in that FS thread mentions it and one of the dudes on Player One Podcast mentioned that as well.

Maybe it's an East Coast option or something?

Does anyone know what's up with Kirby Collection and FS? No store has it in stock so I can't do the trade 1 for it. The offer ends tomorrow too!

Futureshop is sending e-mails to those who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 before the steelbook went up (like during E3). They give a code that allow you to add the steelbook in your cart for free, shipping included. Check your mails.

wingz

best place to buy a fighter joystick for PS3/360?

Your best bet is from Madcatz's Canada store (http://gamesharkstore.ca/) if your looking for a premium stick with sanwa parts. There usually sales promotion that occurs whenever their is a big fighting game tournament. They may have a sale next weekend (28/29) during Season's Beating tournament.

Amazon.ca sells the Hori sticks with sanwa parts for a good price. Other than that, it's pretty hard to find a new stick. You can also check kijiji for some good deals, if anybody is selling their stick.

zroid

Banned
Nothing official, but langage bullshit is probably the issue. Someone who bought it outside of Quebec could probably tell us if the boxart/booklet/art book/soundtrack doesn't have a section in French.

This is truth. Box is devoid of french except for the trilingual warnings on the back, and there is no french manual.

This is truth. Box is devoid of french except for the trilingual warnings on the back, and there is no french manual.

That's weird, Nintendo was one of the first company to sell games in French, and they always have pretty good translations (if we forget the first Mario Galaxy!).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just FYI - Shoppers has iTunes cards at the usual 40/50 sale. I haven't seen any sales lately, and of course it's happening the week the iPhone 5 comes out, so it was nice timing.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Deluxe Wii U pre-orders are sold out at BestBuy.ca.

Anyone else ever pre-ordered a console from Best Buy before? I never have (this is the first time). Just a few questions.

How long does it take to ship out? There's a Best Buy two minutes away from my house but I didn't see an option to pick up in store.

Also - the pre-order DOES guarantee you the console somewhere around launch right? I hope I don't have to end up waiting a month to get mine or something =/.

Firestorm

just picked up my Borderlands2 + steelbook parcel from CanadaPost. no code for the primere club.

looks like im not alone.

edit: steelbook looks nice but i don't really see the point of having two cases. anyone have any luck selling these things on craigslist?
I usually sell Future Shop steelbooks for $20 - $30 on eBay.
Futureshop is sending e-mails to those who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 before the steelbook went up (like during E3). They give a code that allow you to add the steelbook in your cart for free, shipping included. Check your mails.
I never get any emails from Future Shop aside from shipping notices -.-
Does anyone know what's up with Kirby Collection and FS? No store has it in stock so I can't do the trade 1 for it. The offer ends tomorrow too!
They only had two copies left at my store when I picked up my copy on Sunday.

iphys

thesource.ca still has the Deluxe Wii U for pre-order if anyone wants one. You can order online and do the ship to store option to pick it up day 1. That's what I did before the 3DS came out, and they actually let me pick it up from the store the day before launch since my location was closed on Sundays.

FS still hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 which I have called aboout but they say its in progress. Pretty fucking annoyed that it's taking so long, wonder how I can get a discount out of this

FS still hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 which I have called aboout but they say its in progress. Pretty fucking annoyed that it's taking so long, wonder how I can get a discount out of this

Say it was a birthday present for someone and now you look like a fool because it was late.

Say it was a birthday present for someone and now you look like a fool because it was late.

Lol I might actually try that one. Normally I'm not one to lie to get stuff from stores but I'm getting pissed at how long FS is taking to ship my shit, in addition I live in Manitoba so it takes longer to get to me as well.

cjkeats

Has anyone seen the Persona 4 The Animation DVD or Blu-rays in stores? I honestly can't think of another place that would carry them other than HMV (locally anyways), or maybe FS/BB.

cjkeats

g5fuh.jpg

I wanted to watch the dub the weekend, which is why I asked if anyone actually saw it physically in store. No where local has it.

mf.luder

Sorry guys if this is a repost but I was in Walmart last night and it had Max Payne 3 (360/PS3) for $19. Said it was part of their anniversary event.

edit; yep, realized I'm old news.

FS tweet
Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer
There have been delays on shipping out the Borderlands 2 SteelBooks. Working on a fix. Check here http://bit.ly/OXUkQk for updates/ETA

they're probably holding back your game so they can ship both items at once.

Oneself

I've seen it at the Futureshop on Ste-Catherine and there are lots of them in stock at Archambault corner Berri/Ste-Cath (including one in a demo station).
I guess quantities were just limited...

TheExodu5

Banned
Are most EBs still taking Deluxe Wii U preorders?

Yup. Put my pre-order in at lunch today. Pre-ordered at Futureshop as well...I'll end up returning one of them.

Is there any big downside to buying hardware at EB? No returns could be an issue if there's a dead pixel on the tablet...

Reich

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the late reply on this, as many of you have posted questions regarding an ETA on when you will receive your SteelBook for Borderlands 2.

First off those who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 will receive their SteelBook, but it will arrive at a later date. We are still working with our shipping company to determine an ETA, and once we know we will post updates in this thread.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers, and can assure you all we are working hard to have these sent out ASAP. We greatly value your business, as well as your choice to pre-order and purchase your games from Future Shop.

Updates will be sent out shortly.

but the fact is, i dont give a fuck about the steelcase!

zroid

Banned
If you guys want it that bad, why not just buy the game now in-store and return the shipped copy later with your new receipt?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup. Put my pre-order in at lunch today. Pre-ordered at Futureshop as well...I'll end up returning one of them.

Is there any big downside to buying hardware at EB? No returns could be an issue if there's a dead pixel on the tablet...
FS probably has the better return/exchange policy, I imagine... I've never bought hardware at EB though.

TheExodu5

Banned
FS probably has the better return/exchange policy, I imagine... I've never bought hardware at EB though.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

Maybe I'll try to pick one up at Futureshop in the morning. Then I'll have to cancel my EB pre-order and return the Wii U FS ships me from that pre-order. Kind of annoying that you can't just do a pre-order for in-store pickup at Futureshop...that would solve so many issues.

zroid

Banned
Trade 1 for LBP Vita at FS, I'm assuming starting tomorrow. Never mind, with the street date being broken, I forgot it doesn't "officially" come out till the 25th.

BB also has a trade 1, by the way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So CanadaGAF, Black 2 & White 2 come out on Thanksgiving weekend. I've never ordered anything online that's to be released on Thanksgiving weekend before, what should I expect in terms of shipping? When will it ship?

Firestorm

So CanadaGAF, Black 2 & White 2 come out on Thanksgiving weekend. I've never ordered anything online that's to be released on Thanksgiving weekend before, what should I expect in terms of shipping? When will it ship?
I expect it'll ship on Friday and arrive on Tuesday to Thursday depending on where you live. Might need to grab an in-store copy and return the online copy when it arrives.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I expect it'll ship on Friday and arrive on Tuesday to Thursday depending on where you live. Might need to grab an in-store copy and return the online copy when it arrives.
Thanks, even those few days are going to be a hard wait for my pokemans. D:

Do you know by any chance where FS's warehouses are located? I know Amazon's is in Mississauga so I always get speedy shipping but I don't know where FS' are.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thanks, even those few days are going to be a hard wait for my pokemans. D:

Do you know by any chance where FS's warehouses are located? I know Amazon's is in Mississauga so I always get speedy shipping but I don't know where FS' are.
Also Mississauga. In fact, FS and BB share the same warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom