• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Thanks, even those few days are going to be a hard wait for my pokemans. D:

Do you know by any chance where FS's warehouses are located? I know Amazon's is in Mississauga so I always get speedy shipping but I don't know where FS' are.
My games are usually shipped out of Richmond but it might be because im in Vancouver. I always get my stuff either on release day or a day later (except when they have one of their infamous delays)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Also Mississauga. In fact, FS and BB share the same warehouse.

Good news for me when Wii U comes out.

I live right by Heartland's Best Buy/FS :).

I love how my Amazon purchases arrive the next day :p.

I might as well post this WoW:Mists of Pandaria steelbook code for all to see.

needs to be used as a promotional code at Futureshop.ca when ordering your copy.

GLIST36XDG3PWF

Hmm. That makes me want that. I'm a sucker for high demand. :/

I'm like you too. After seeing news of the preorders selling out at BB, I impulsively put in a preorder at FS. There isn't even any games I want on the Wii U right now.

I kinda regret getting a 3DS on launch, especially now. The only game I really enjoyed was RE Revelation, and some DOA... and I didn't even get DOA until a deal came along. Prior to that, Nintendogs was kind of a letdown considering how much more fun the original was.

Oh well, worst case is I return it in 30-days if I get buyer's remorse, and just buy it again after a price drop or some console-moving game comes out (Zelda).

Especially since S3's are cheeper on a 3 year contract then an iPhone 5. You can get a S3 for $0 on contract right now for crying out loud.

ZERO DOLLARS WAT WHERE?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thanks, even those few days are going to be a hard wait for my pokemans. D:

Do you know by any chance where FS's warehouses are located? I know Amazon's is in Mississauga so I always get speedy shipping but I don't know where FS' are.

My orders always come from Mississauga, so I receive them next day in Toronto for most cases.

I'm in the same boat with Pokeymans, since I took advantage of their $10 off preorders. Not doing the in-store return swap though.. too much hassle for a few days early. Especially when I've already played BW2.

Right here

Hell you get a $50 gift card too.

I really wish I could get myself off of the Apple crack. Yet I see so many people coming back to Apple after using an Android phone. I'm not sure what I want.

I'm married to the iOS ecosystem right now. We have kids together. But the allure of a more open system is tempting me daily.

I called FS about my Borderlands 2 not shipping and for some reason no CSR has told me the reason it hasn't shipped is because there is an issue with the steel case. They all say there is some issue at the warehouse and it should ship soon. Why would the forum mod be told one thing and not the CSR. Either way pretty frustrated and I told them I might cancel all my 10 e3 pre-orders, hoping they would give a discount or something, but nope they called my bluff, except I might actually do it because I'm pretty annoyed about the situation

Orca

I called FS about my Borderlands 2 not shipping and for some reason no CSR has told me the reason it hasn't shipped is because their is an issue with the steel case. They all say there is some issue at the warehouse and it should ship soon. Why would the forum mod be told one thing and not the CSR. Either way pretty frustrated and I told them I might cancel all my 10 e3 pre-orders, hoping they would give a discount or something, but nope they called my bluff, except I might actually do it because I'm pretty annoyed about the situation

I got my Steelbook yesterday, but they shipped it separately from the game...which hasn't arrived yet.

I called FS about my Borderlands 2 not shipping and for some reason no CSR has told me the reason it hasn't shipped is because their is an issue with the steel case. They all say there is some issue at the warehouse and it should ship soon. Why would the forum mod be told one thing and not the CSR. Either way pretty frustrated and I told them I might cancel all my 10 e3 pre-orders, hoping they would give a discount or something, but nope they called my bluff, except I might actually do it because I'm pretty annoyed about the situation

Can you not just buy one in store at least and then just return the shipped copy when it finally ships. I always do that.

zorbsie

Anyone know if we can do the trade 1 for LBP Vita today since it's already out. Or do we have to wait til Tuesday?

Also on another note, called FS about my missing Borderlands premium code on Wednesday. They told me they would send me a new code in a couple of days, still nothing. Looks like I'll have to call again on Monday. Not sure how much more of my business FS will get.

I got my Steelbook yesterday, but they shipped it separately from the game...which hasn't arrived yet.

Both actually. Neither has been updated with a shipping status at all

Can you not just buy one in store at least and then just return the shipped copy when it finally ships. I always do that.

Yeah I think I might end up doing this I just haven't had the chance to go buy a copy yet. With my work schedule it is hard to get down to my local FS on my lunch sometimes so that's why I usually order online now

Right here

Hell you get a $50 gift card too.

Sweet! Aw... out of stock. :(

I really wish I could get myself off of the Apple crack. Yet I see so many people coming back to Apple after using an Android phone. I'm not sure what I want.

I'm married to the iOS ecosystem right now. We have kids together. But the allure of a more open system is tempting me daily.

Do you know why they're jumping back onto Apple?

So far, I see no reason to stick with Apple anymore - the iPhone 5's a disappointment. The screen still isn't as sweet as the GS3, their new map thing sucks, you STILL can't just drag and drop music and files through explorer, their settings still requires too many clicks to drill down, and their app organization is outdated and clunky. Their answer to "widgets" has been abysmal, and their lack of customization is appalling. The only saving grace I can see is circumventing these glaring faults with jailbreaking.

I was waiting for the iPhone 5's release before making my decision, really really hoping that Apple would do something more revolutionary than evolutionary. But well, this is pretty much the final nail in Steve Jobs' coffin if you ask me. :|

yes, that's always an option. but when your not getting $20off it makes us want to go shop at gamestop, get our pre-order items and game properly shipped to us on time instead of having to run around.

IllumiNate

Sweet! Aw... out of stock. :(

Do you know why they're jumping back onto Apple?

So far, I see no reason to stick with Apple anymore - the iPhone 5's a disappointment. The screen still isn't as sweet as the GS3, their new map thing sucks, you STILL can't just drag and drop music and files through explorer, their settings still requires too many clicks to drill down, and their app organization is outdated and clunky.|

Wow such fanboy drivvle. The iphone 5 is not a disappointment, go read all the reviews and ask current owners what they think. I believe you meant to say that ios 6 was a disappointment. I currently have a Galaxy S1 and it's a pos I've had it for 2 years and during that time I've come to realize that there's no competing with the app store and how everything just sinks together. I really wish devs gave android the love it deserves but that is not the case. Way to many exclusives on the ios platform for me to consider going further with android.

daevv

Has anyone traded in Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) or Max Payne 3 (360) into Futureshop or Best Buy in the last few days? Wondering what the trade value is now since they have been on sale for $20 at Walmart and tivs.ca dates are back a few weeks.

Does anyone of you guys received a Halo 4 t-shirt from BestBuy?

It's weird, I just received one (dark green, American Apparel), in my size (small, which is quite rare for promo stuff), without any notes. No email either.

I don't quite understand why they sent this to me, I never bought anything for the 360 (don't have one!).

isny

napkin dispenser

It's weird, I just received one (dark green, American Apparel), in my size (small, which is quite rare for promo stuff), without any notes. No email either.

I don't quite understand why they sent this to me, I never bought anything for the 360 (don't have one!).

Contest?

zroid

Banned

Yes, I did. It was a RewardZone contest. They emailed me telling me I won a couple weeks ago, didn't you get the email?

From what I found on the net, it sounds like it... but I never participated in anything.

Interesting, lol

Well, I can tell you that I entered by clicking a button @ bestbuyrewardzone.ca

Oh, and I don't have a 360 either! I don't even like Halo~

Quadratic

The trade 2 or FIFA13 is up on Futureshop's website. Just curious if anyone has had experience flat out refusing to let you trade in a game on their list. An example would be Amored Core V which is on sale at FS for 19.99. Trying to find another title in the $20 range. I think Cabela Dangerous Hunts 2011 would be a good selection but it's hard to find a copy anywhere.

Firestorm

The trade 2 or FIFA13 is up on Futureshop's website. Just curious if anyone has had experience flat out refusing to let you trade in a game on their list. An example would be Amored Core V which is on sale at FS for 19.99. Trying to find another title in the $20 range. I think Cabela Dangerous Hunts 2011 would be a good selection but it's hard to find a copy anywhere.
Nope. They've done this before.

Quadratic

I'll wait a bit because apparently the list for FIFA might not be updated yet. RFD says FS usually updates their trade in games list around midnight EST. Armored Core might not be on there tomorrow. The Bestbuy trade in page has updated and both games I want to trade (Cabela and armored core) are not on the list there.

zroid

Banned
Decided I'm gonna trade KH3D for LBP. I was conflicted about it, but seeing that LBP qualifies for the $10 October coupon convinced me.

zroid

Banned
Woah, I just noticed you can do in-store pickup pre-orders at FS/BB now. Not sure how far in advance they allow it, but it works for LBP Vita at least.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, apparently they are selling it already, so it's not a pre-order anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Woah, I just noticed you can do in-store pickup pre-orders at FS/BB now. Not sure how far in advance they allow it, but it works for LBP Vita at least.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, apparently they are selling it already, so it's not a pre-order anymore.
Yeah, people are saying they can do pre-order pickups but I must be missing something...

Magnus

Wii U Deluxe is practically paid off via the old Gamestop system trade promo. $8 games bumped up to $25 each, x13. lol. Feels good. I think I can scrap together $25 and tax on November 18th. :D

Best deal on WoW cards out there; hit me!

Wow such fanboy drivvle. The iphone 5 is not a disappointment, go read all the reviews and ask current owners what they think. I believe you meant to say that ios 6 was a disappointment. I currently have a Galaxy S1 and it's a pos I've had it for 2 years and during that time I've come to realize that there's no competing with the app store and how everything just sinks together. I really wish devs gave android the love it deserves but that is not the case. Way to many exclusives on the ios platform for me to consider going further with android.

Fanboy drivel? Firstly, learn to spell. Secondly I don't even own an android device. I've been an iPhone user since 3G. When I say I'm disappointed, I'm disappointed. I honestly don't care what others think of the iPhone 5.

I plan to hang onto my iPhone for exclusive apps (usually just games), and find equivalent utility apps for my android for on-the-go. I rarely use my phone for anything other than as a phone anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Both Apple and Android phones appeal to different market groups. I'm simply transitioning now. If you would rather get an iPhone 5, well good on you then.

Fake edit: just bought an android phone. I'm now part of the Collective!

dream

God, I went to 12 different stores today. All of them had iPhone 5s in stock. But nobody would sell me one outright at full price, even locked to a carrier.

The best part is Future Shop actually had them with $699, $799, and $899 price tags. But when I asked for a 64GB model, the sales rep told me, "oh that's just how much they're worth -- not how much they cost."

All I could do was laugh.

Anyway, does anyone know of any stores that are willing to sell Fido iPhone 5s outright?

snack

God, I went to 12 different stores today. All of them had iPhone 5s in stock. But nobody would sell me one outright at full price, even locked to a carrier.

The best part is Future Shop actually had them with $699, $799, and $899 price tags. But when I asked for a 64GB model, the sales rep told me, "oh that's just how much they're worth -- not how much they cost."

All I could do was laugh.

Anyway, does anyone know of any stores that are willing to sell Fido iPhone 5s outright?

Wow. That's ridiculous. I'm guessing they want you to sign a three year contract in order to get the phone?

f that's the case... you're better off ordering it on the apple site. Even if you gotta wait a bit, it comes unlocked. Your resale value will be higher if you want to sell it in the future.

Anyone know of a store that's still offering Halo 4 LE preorders for in store pick-up? EB is oos and apparently BBuy is only doing first come first serve on ALL Halo 4 preorders (there isn't a separate SKU for LE preorders for pick-up).

dream

Wow. That's ridiculous. I'm guessing they want you to sign a three year contract in order to get the phone?

f that's the case... you're better off ordering it on the apple site. Even if you gotta wait a bit, it comes unlocked. Your resale value will be higher if you want to sell it in the future.

Yup. I'm guessing they all wanted the commission that would come from a new contract.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy it from Apple directly, but that 3-4 week wait really sucks.

Omzz

l-SDM-50Surprise-18kPoints-Sept22-se.png

I can already see the RFD forum filled with bragging...

Oh yeah, offer starts from today, till Tuesday

Tagg9

Yup. I'm guessing they all wanted the commission that would come from a new contract.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy it from Apple directly, but that 3-4 week wait really sucks.

Stuff direct from Apple usually arrives in about a week in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom