• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipe

l-SDM-50Surprise-18kPoints-Sept22-se.png

I can already see the RFD forum filled with bragging...

Oh yeah, offer starts from today, till Tuesday

I don't see much bragging coming from RFD on this one since you have to spend 75$ minimum for the chance to get one of those cards.

iphys

It's probably not all that lucrative to the crazy hoarders that bought up all the chocolate bars. The odds are pretty low of getting anything other than the 18500 bonus points, but it's still a better deal than the 20x events if you don't go over $75 by much.

Wii U Deluxe is practically paid off via the old Gamestop system trade promo. $8 games bumped up to $25 each, x13. lol. Feels good. I think I can scrap together $25 and tax on November 18th. :D!

Where was this, was it an error? I thought they weren't running any bump-up promos right now.

That was the old promo a few months back. You could've pre-ordered the white Vita for example and then move it over once the WiiU SKU is in the system.

Omzz

Can we buy electronics towards that $75 total for the Optimum points card?

Excludes prescription purchases, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), newspapers, stamps, lottery tickets, event tickets, transit tickets, electronic gift cards, prepaid phone cards and Shoppers Home Health Care locations.

seems like electronics are included for the promotion

Quadratic

Good trip to Futureshop today. Got Armored Core V and Ridge Racer Unbounded at $20 each to flip for FIFA13 on Tuesday. Not the best of deals but $40 for day 1 FIFA isn't too bad with a little bit of legwork. Might even play a bit of each before I trade them in.

zorbsie

Picked up birds of steel for 15 at game centre to trade in for little big planet vita. It was the cheapest game I could find on the FS list.

snorggy

Does anyone have a list of the eligible titles for this trade? I want to get Borderlands 2 but I'm piss broke right now.

EB trade in deals usually don't have lists... the game you're trading in has to have a minimum value of $8 to qualify for these trade-in promos... so bookmark and reference tivs.ca :)

edit: unless their policy has changed...

daevv

Yesterday I traded in Max Payne 3 and MW3 (Both over $8 in trade) towards Borderlands 2 at my EB Games (I'm in NL) and all their system did was give me a extra 30% towards the trade value. Ended up paying just under $20 for Borderlands 2. Not bad since I only bought the other 2 at Walmart for $20 each so I got to play all 3 for $60.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God, I went to 12 different stores today. All of them had iPhone 5s in stock. But nobody would sell me one outright at full price, even locked to a carrier.

The best part is Future Shop actually had them with $699, $799, and $899 price tags. But when I asked for a 64GB model, the sales rep told me, "oh that's just how much they're worth -- not how much they cost."

All I could do was laugh.

Anyway, does anyone know of any stores that are willing to sell Fido iPhone 5s outright?

The only place selling unlocked iPhones on launch was Apple. And not even in store, iirc.
My friend ordered one to be delivered sometime in early October.

Mikey Jr.

Why doesnt eb have a section on the site that will tell me how much i will get for the game. Dicks always want me to go down there so they can scan the games and tell me. Fuck off. Im not driving 15 minutes so you can tell me mass effect 3 is worth 57 cents.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why doesnt eb have a section on the site that will tell me how much i will get for the game. Dicks always want me to go down there so they can scan the games and tell me. Fuck off. Im not driving 15 minutes so you can tell me mass effect 3 is worth 57 cents.
But that's exactly why they don't have it on their site and want you to come in. They hope that if you come down you'll take whatever they offer you instead of taking it back home and trying to sell it some other way. Also, while you're in the store you might impulse buy something. Want an idea of what you'll get without going in? Check tivs.ca and hope that there's a date that's pretty recent.

I traded in mass effect 3 last week for Borderlands 2. It was 18 bucks iirc.

iphys

Why not call and ask? I've done that twice, and both times they've told me the value over the phone.

Quick

Banned
I remember it being a big deal that they can't tell you the value through the phone some time ago, but they've since relaxed their stance on that, as far as I know.

Man, watching Future Shop for tracking information updates is stressful. :/ I guess this is why I rarely have stuff shipped. My Avengers shows that it may arrive today but I somehow doubt that. My Bond 50 hasn't shipped yet.

Quick

Banned
I thought I was going to get lucky and do an in-store hold at Future Shop for the Avengers Steelbook, but it couldn't process it.

Balls.

Man, watching Future Shop for tracking information updates is stressful. :/ I guess this is why I rarely have stuff shipped. My Avengers shows that it may arrive today but I somehow doubt that. My Bond 50 hasn't shipped yet.

lol I always have zero expectation on things I buy online. I just "set it and forget it." it will arrive when it arrives. It only becomes a concern when I see it on my credit card statement and I'm like "Where is it?"

lol I always have zero expectation on things I buy online. I just "set it and forget it." it will arrive when it arrives. It only becomes a concern when I see it on my credit card statement and I'm like "Where is it?"

I only have a half day at work tomorrow and Wednesday off. Would love to have that Bond 50 for my day off. First world problems.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So how does the trade-in for Borderlands 2 work? I can't imagine that it's only "trade in 2 titles at least worth 8 trade-in dollars to get 60 dollars in credits", that seems too good to be true oO. So what is it :( I guess I'll have to call in to get a list of applicable games?

isny

napkin dispenser
This will be the first WoW expansion that I don't take time off for. I still would have hoped for it to have been shipped by now, but I guess I'll just go out at midnight and pick up a copy using my $20 off in September coupon at FS.

TheExodu5

Banned
This will be the first WoW expansion that I don't take time off for. I still would have hoped for it to have been shipped by now, but I guess I'll just go out at midnight and pick up a copy using my $20 off in September coupon at FS.

Which FS you headed to? Merivale?

Not sure if I'm going to go pick it up or not...always have for the past few expansions, but with such sparse rewards this year (only 5 mousepads compared to 25 last expansion?), I'm not sure.

isny

napkin dispenser
Which FS you headed to? Merivale?

Not sure if I'm going to go pick it up or not...always have for the past few expansions, but with such sparse rewards this year (only 5 mousepads compared to 25 last expansion?), I'm not sure.

Yeah that would be the one. I'll go out early and save a spot if you want to bring me coffee. I'll just bring along my laptop and catchup on homework. You'll get a SB on top of the mouse pad if I read the ad correctly. (Just text me when you finish work and we'll figure something out)

I actually tried to cancel my order. Maybe a bit too late, wonder if it will go through with Best Buy or not. But yeah it's really hard to get back into wow if you don't know anybody else who is playing.

isny

napkin dispenser
I actually tried to cancel my order. Maybe a bit too late, wonder if it will go through with Best Buy or not. But yeah it's really hard to get back into wow if you don't know anybody else who is playing.

I figure for twenty bucks I'll get at least some enjoyment out of it. Even if I quit after running through the new content once.

iLLmAtlc

Is it shipped through Canada Post? I live in Vancouver and as long as Future Shop gets the item to Canada Post the item the night before the scheduled arrival date, it would always arrive on time.

Since you live in Toronto I'd imagine Future Shop has a facility not too far from you so I'd expect it to be on time.

Is it shipped through Canada Post? I live in Vancouver and as long as Future Shop gets the item to Canada Post the item the night before the scheduled arrival date, it would always arrive on time.

Since you live in Toronto I'd imagine Future Shop has a facility not too far from you so I'd expect it to be on time.

Yeah, it should be Canada Post and they've always been good, even when the shipping confirmation is late on Monday night.

I'm not sure how shipping via Canada Post works. Are the packages delivered by a regular postman who delivers the mail? Does it depend on the size? I've never seen the mythical person who delivers this stuff. It just ends up behind the door or there is a note.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah that would be the one. I'll go out early and save a spot if you want to bring me coffee. I'll just bring along my laptop and catchup on homework. You'll get a SB on top of the mouse pad if I read the ad correctly. (Just text me when you finish work and we'll figure something out)

Sounds like a plan. Time to get my 3DS charged!

gate777

Good trip to Futureshop today. Got Armored Core V and Ridge Racer Unbounded at $20 each to flip for FIFA13 on Tuesday. Not the best of deals but $40 for day 1 FIFA isn't too bad with a little bit of legwork. Might even play a bit of each before I trade them in.

How does that work? Both traded in and you get FIFA 13 for $0? No other $ paid? I want to get PES 13 this way.

Lothars

Bestbuy is having a midnight opening for WoW and Avengers, I am tempted to go and pick up the Avengers box set that they are advertising as a bestbuy exclusive.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ima head out to FS Merivale in Ottawa shortly and will give a heads up on the status of the line / lack thereof. I sent you a text already Exodus, you still at work?

Quick

Banned
Bestbuy is having a midnight opening for WoW and Avengers, I am tempted to go and pick up the Avengers box set that they are advertising as a bestbuy exclusive.

A box set? As in, each Phase One movie shrink wrapped and inside a flimsy cardboard together, or in an exclusive packaging that's not so terrible?

A box set? As in, each Phase One movie shrink wrapped and inside a flimsy cardboard together, or in an exclusive packaging that's not so terrible?

The exclusive packaging it was going to come in is no more (briefcase). Curious to see what they replaced it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom