• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just four out here ahead of me. I'm fifth. If you come out now you'll get a Steelbook but probably no mousepad.

Quick

Banned
The exclusive packaging it was going to come in is no more (briefcase). Curious to see what they replaced it with.

That briefcase was pretty nice. Wouldn't mind seeing that fan-made Shield Helicarrier Phase One set turn into reality.

Avengers-Blu-Ray-DVD-Box-Set-2012-davesgeekyideas-SHIELD-logo-Disney-Collectors.jpg

Lothars

A box set? As in, each Phase One movie shrink wrapped and inside a flimsy cardboard together, or in an exclusive packaging that's not so terrible?
It's just the Avengers movie, the Phase One boxset was delayed till next year, I believe.

This is what comes in the boxset.

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE GIFT SET INCLUDES:

•$30 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card

•Avengers Guide

•Lighted Lithograph Case

•Litho Card

•4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Music Download

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MyPersonalInsaneAsylum/news/?a=67728

Quick

Banned
Ah, not bad. Best Buy's been pretty hit/miss with their own exclusive stuff (exclusive free t-shirts with their blu-rays...lol), but that's not bad at all.

The Steelbook is still what I'm aiming for. I called my local FS, and they said they'll have "plenty", but I'm heading out early tomorrow to pick one up. FS is usually pretty barren, considering it's in the far side of a new plaza that's also pretty isolated. They usually have well-stocked exclusive stuff. Here's hoping they actually have plenty.

isny

napkin dispenser
So me and Exodus braved the cold last night. Here is my haul =D

Not a single Steelbook on ebay yet, so ima get that shit up there ASAP.

8ZEKYl.jpg

lol Steelbooks for PC Games. Any retail game I buy, I barely ever look at the packaging or use the disc. The case is just storage space for the digital code I will probably never need to use again.

But, hey, if people are willing to pay crazy amounts of money for them.

isny

napkin dispenser
lol Steelbooks for PC Games. Any retail game I buy, I barely ever look at the packaging or use the disc. The case is just storage space for the digital code I will probably never need to use again.

But, hey, if people are willing to pay crazy amounts of money for them.

When did you change your avatar?

I heard about the WalMart $200 160GB PS3 deal SUPER late (and didn't really know about the limited nature of the Anniversary Sale in general) and so when I went in there on Sunday I had this incredibly awkward conversation with sales employee... I told him I wanted the bundle and he's like, "Cool, come with me"... and then he proceeds to take me to an empty section of shelves and says "This is where they USED to be."

I asked when they'd be getting more and he makes this face like I'm an idiot and says "It's an ANNIVERSARY sale. We're not GETTING more." And when I told him I might check another store he's like good luck with this hilarious attitude.

Anyway, I ordered one online yesterday and got shipping confirmation so if anyone still wants this "incredibly limited LOL" deal without having to deal with assholes, you know where to go!

See, I don't knock over magazine stands - I'd just rather make that employee's entire job completely irrelevant.

TheExodu5

Banned
So me and Exodus braved the cold last night. Here is my haul =D

Not a single Steelbook on ebay yet, so ima get that shit up there ASAP.

8ZEKYl.jpg

I'm sorry you had to endure those 4 ahead of us for so much longer than I did. -_-

Good luck with the Steelbook sale. Let me know how it goes...I'm curious.

daevv

I heard about the WalMart $200 160GB PS3 deal SUPER late (and didn't really know about the limited nature of the Anniversary Sale in general) and so when I went in there on Sunday I had this incredibly awkward conversation with sales employee... I told him I wanted the bundle and he's like, "Cool, come with me"... and then he proceeds to take me to an empty section of shelves and says "This is where they USED to be."

I asked when they'd be getting more and he makes this face like I'm an idiot and says "It's an ANNIVERSARY sale. We're not GETTING more." And when I told him I might check another store he's like good luck with this hilarious attitude.

Anyway, I ordered one online yesterday and got shipping confirmation so if anyone still wants this "incredibly limited LOL" deal without having to deal with assholes, you know where to go!

See, I don't knock over magazine stands - I'd just rather make that employee's entire job completely irrelevant.

Is there a way to use Walmart GC when making a purchase online? I have a $50 one I wanted to use for this. I went through the process and didn't see one before I got to "complete purchase".

Is there a way to use Walmart GC when making a purchase online? I have a $50 one I wanted to use for this. I went through the process and didn't see one before I got to "complete purchase".

Hmmm, not sure about the Canadian website, but a Google search turned up this from Walmart.com:

Using a Walmart Gift Card at Walmart.com

Using a Walmart Gift Card online at Walmart.com is simple:

Find a product you would like to purchase and place it in your cart
When you check out, you will have the option to pay for your entire order or a portion of your order with a Walmart Gift Card
Simply click "Use a Walmart Gift Card," and enter your card number and PIN
Your card balance will be automatically applied to your order total
If your order total is less than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, the remaining amount will be available on your card for future purchases.

If your order total is more than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, you will need to pay for the balance with additional Walmart Gift Cards or a credit card.

Sora_N

Just so you guys know, for those who want DoA5 I believe FS had a trade-2. If I didn't use credit to buy the CE from EB I would do the same, much better deal to do that.

jmoe316

Try EB Games or The Source.

You can also try ordering from thesource.ca for in store pickup. Some people said they lucked out with a launch and got it on a Saturday rather than Sunday.

I went to TRU last week and it wasn't in the system yet. I had luck with them for the Wii. Anybody hear anything about when TRU might start doing in-store preorders?

Instead, I made Walmart completely irrelevant by getting a price match at Best Buy. I had to pull some strings to do it, but it was worth it to not buy ANYTHING from Walmart, EVER.

Instead, I made Walmart completely irrelevant by getting a price match at Best Buy. I had to pull some strings to do it, but it was worth it to not buy ANYTHING from Walmart, EVER.

Ha, good call. I forgot that Best Buy now price matches online stores as well. Also, it didn't occur to me that they would price match what I thought was an exclusive bundle... wasn't sure how that worked.

Your advice is better!

MarkusRJR

Holy shit that employee sounds like a complete asshole. Seriously, what the fuck? Did someone pee in his corn flakes or something?

*pulls zipper down, pees all over the customer*

Sora_N

I just preordered another Wii U (basic), I might not grab the deluxe. It will really bug me that Nintendoland does not come with the case, and also I think it can possibly be cheaper to get the game separately. Also, I'm not big on virtual content so I doubt I can use 32gb that fast. If I do then I'll just expand the memory.

Socreges

Banned

I understand why you'd be pissed but that's pretty funny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So how does the trade-in for Borderlands 2 work? I can't imagine that it's only "trade in 2 titles at least worth 8 trade-in dollars to get 60 dollars in credits", that seems too good to be true oO. So what is it :( I guess I'll have to call in to get a list of applicable games?

Quoting myself for prosperity

zroid

Banned
I think it can possibly be cheaper to get the game separately.

this is a bit baffling, but so far every retailer I've seen (in Canada & US) has it listed for $59.99. It pretty much doesn't make any sense, but that's what they're pegging it at for now.

Smiley90

Which store are you talking about? For Best Buy, here is the list:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/trade-in-popup.aspx?xml=trade2getborderlands2

At FS? It's any two games on that list.

At EB they usually only give you bonus credit - so your 8 dollar game is made to be worth 20-25 dollars. I don't think they've done a straight 2 for game deal.

Sorry yes, i was talking about EB. It just says
"TRADE 2 SELECT TITLES GET $60
Towards Borderlands 2

Trade 2 select titles and Get $60 Towards Borderlands 2! See stores for full list of qualifying titles"

So... I was wondering if that meant ANY 2 games that are at least 8 dollars or if calling in really was the only chance to get a look at that list (similar to BestBuy)

Sora_N

this is a bit baffling, but so far every retailer I've seen (in Canada & US) has it listed for $59.99. It pretty much doesn't make any sense, but that's what they're pegging it at for now.

Yeah I'm not sure why it's a $60 game tbh, I hope the price will be different at launch. If not I'll just wait for a sale on it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry yes, i was talking about EB. It just says
"TRADE 2 SELECT TITLES GET $60
Towards Borderlands 2

Trade 2 select titles and Get $60 Towards Borderlands 2! See stores for full list of qualifying titles"

So... I was wondering if that meant ANY 2 games that are at least 8 dollars or if calling in really was the only chance to get a look at that list (similar to BestBuy)

Oh yes, for EB, its any game that is 8 or up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry, but just to make sure again: I trade in 2 games of at least 8 dollar trade value (so 16 dollars trade-value), and I get a 60 dollar new game for free?!? seriously?
Yeah. lol

I don't know if they still do gaming guarantees, but there are games that if you preorder and buy day 1, you can return it in a week for full value. So basically a free rental.

They just want more used games really. :p

Smiley90

Yeah. lol

I don't know if they still do gaming guarantees, but there are games that if you preorder and buy day 1, you can return it in a week for full value. So basically a free rental.

They just want more used games really. :p

Jesus Christ, I don't even want to know what other kind of deals I've been missing out on, wow. I will definitely trade in some stuff for Halo 4. Will get Borderlands 2 on steam eventually, despite this offer being very tempting.

These are the only valid games for Borderlands 2 at EB:

Code:
Amazing Spiderman PS3
Amazing SPiderman Xbox360
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland PS3
Batman Arkham City GOTY PS3
Batman Arkham City GOTY Xbox360
COD: MW3 PS3
COD: MW3 Xbox360
COD: MW3 French PS3
COD: MW3 French Xbox360
Darksiders 2 PS3
Darksiders 2 Xbox360
Dirt Showdown PS3
Dirt Showdown Xbox360
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii
Dragon's Dogma PS3
Dragon's Dogma Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim French Xbox360
Forza 4 Xbox360
Ghost Recon Future Soldier PS3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox360
Goldeneye Reloaded PS3
Goldeneye Reloaded Xbox360
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 PS3
Kinect Star Wars Xbox360
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Wii
Last Story Wii
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii
Lego Batman 2 PS3
Lego Batman 2 XBOX360
Madden NFL 13 PS3
Madden NFL 13 Xbox360
Mario and Sonic at London 2012 Olympics Wii
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9 Wii
NCAA Football 13 PS3
NCAA Football 13 Xbox 360
New Super Mario Bros Wii
NHL 13 PS3
NHL 13 Xbox360
Persona 4 Arena PS3
Persona 4 Arena Xbox360
Pokepark 2 Wii
Prototype 2 PS3
Prototype 2 Xbox360
Prototype 2 French Xbox360
Record of Agarest War 2 PS3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PS3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Xbox360
Sleeping Dogs PS3
Sleeping Dogs Xbox360
Sniper Elite 2 PS3
Sniper Elite 2 Xbox360
Spec Ops: The Line PS3
Spec Ops: The Line Xbox360
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 PS3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Xbox360
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Xbox360
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Xbox360
Xenoblade Chronicles Wii

Smiley90

These are the only valid games for Borderlands 2 at EB:

Code:
Amazing Spiderman PS3
Amazing SPiderman Xbox360
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland PS3
Batman Arkham City GOTY PS3
Batman Arkham City GOTY Xbox360
COD: MW3 PS3
COD: MW3 Xbox360
COD: MW3 French PS3
COD: MW3 French Xbox360
Darksiders 2 PS3
Darksiders 2 Xbox360
Dirt Showdown PS3
Dirt Showdown Xbox360
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii
Dragon's Dogma PS3
Dragon's Dogma Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim French Xbox360
Forza 4 Xbox360
Ghost Recon Future Soldier PS3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier Xbox360
Goldeneye Reloaded PS3
Goldeneye Reloaded Xbox360
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 PS3
Kinect Star Wars Xbox360
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Wii
Last Story Wii
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii
Lego Batman 2 PS3
Lego Batman 2 XBOX360
Madden NFL 13 PS3
Madden NFL 13 Xbox360
Mario and Sonic at London 2012 Olympics Wii
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9 Wii
NCAA Football 13 PS3
NCAA Football 13 Xbox 360
New Super Mario Bros Wii
NHL 13 PS3
NHL 13 Xbox360
Persona 4 Arena PS3
Persona 4 Arena Xbox360
Pokepark 2 Wii
Prototype 2 PS3
Prototype 2 Xbox360
Prototype 2 French Xbox360
Record of Agarest War 2 PS3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PS3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Xbox360
Sleeping Dogs PS3
Sleeping Dogs Xbox360
Sniper Elite 2 PS3
Sniper Elite 2 Xbox360
Spec Ops: The Line PS3
Spec Ops: The Line Xbox360
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 PS3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Xbox360
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Xbox360
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Xbox360
Xenoblade Chronicles Wii

See, that's what I figured was more likely than just "any 8 dollar games". damn. Thanks for clearing that up. :'(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, that's weird. But then again, I haven't traded anything in to EB in a few years.

You must be able to find copies of MW3 and Prototype 2 for cheap now though. MW3 was a 20 dollar game a while ago.

isny

napkin dispenser
Come celebrate and play the latest games in the Pokemon series - Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2!

There will be a variety of fun-filled activities onsite for everyone in the family to enjoy! In addition, Nintendo ambassadors will have some cool Pokemon giveaways on-hand until supplies last.

Event locations & hours:

Toronto

Promenade Mall

1 Promenade Circle

Thornhill, Ontario

Saturday, October 6th from 9:30am – 6:00pm

Sunday, October 7th from 11:00am – 6:00pm

Montreal

La Récréation

404 Ontario E.

Montreal, Quebec

Sunday, October 7th from 11:00am-4:00pm

Nintendo Pokemon Black/White 2 event for Canadians.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/de...3fRxCacL?om_rid=AAApP7&om_mid=_BQYiljB8uPfvb-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom