• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Random question about Shoppers points. I recently started collecting due to the chocolates and check their flyer sometimes, I don't think it ever says what items have bonus points. Is there an easy way to find out other than going to their site (which sucks imo) or going to the store?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question about Shoppers points. I recently started collecting due to the chocolates and check their flyer sometimes, I don't think it ever says what items have bonus points. Is there an easy way to find out other than going to their site (which sucks imo) or going to the store?

So, are EB Stores still confident they are going to get all of these Wii U orders in for launch? Thinking about ordering the 8 gig one at a store tonight.

iphys

Check this thread:
http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127519-sdm-bonus-point-offers-check-back-often-canada/

Honestly, I usually don't find the bonus point items as lucrative as the bonus point events. The chocolate bars were an exception.

LOL Promenade mall. I can give a walking tour of the site where I took my lunchbreak from high school, walked in, bought GBA + Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, and almost got hit by a car as I was walking back (while playing the damn game)

snorggy

Well, the move is over - no more Victoria, lots of Edmonton.

So far I've adjusted to the city being kind of, well, ugly. Okay, really ugly in comparison, outside of the river valley. Also, a larger proportion of people seem to smoke (cigarettes, at least) and the drivers are about as aggressive as I remember the last time I was here.

Haha welcome to Edmonton. The city leaves a lot to be desired as far as aesthetics, no doubt... but it's home :)

Preordered a Wii U at my local EB. Just the 8 gig. Guy behind the counter thought I was crazy. He said 62 people have ordered the 32 gb and only 3 the 8 gb. I feel just fine with the 8 after hearing that. I already have a 250 gb hdd sitting around.

Just in case I have my name down for a 32 gig at Game Centre.

iphys

It's a lot you give up with the 8GB model, but if you don't want Nintendo Land, don't need the extras, or prefer white, I could see getting it. I hope Nintendo is at least paying attention to the number of pre-orders for each model, because if they make half the consoles Basic, then a lot of people are going to feel short-changed getting stuck with one, or stores might not even be able to sell most of them.

It's a lot you give up with the 8GB model, but if you don't want Nintendo Land, don't need the extras, or prefer white, I could see getting it. I hope Nintendo is at least paying attention to the number of pre-orders for each model, because if they make half the consoles Basic, then a lot of people are going to feel short-changed getting stuck with one, or stores might not even be able to sell most of them.

Yeah. I feel confident with what I'm getting. If I absolutely change my mind I'm on a waiting list for the deluxe anyways. Not too worried.

Sora_N

Preordered a Wii U at my local EB. Just the 8 gig. Guy behind the counter thought I was crazy. He said 62 people have ordered the 32 gb and only 3 the 8 gb. I feel just fine with the 8 after hearing that. I already have a 250 gb hdd sitting around.

I'm not too worried either, but I just preordered both. I'm a LITTLE bit undecided atm.

They're selling NL separately anyways, so not a big deal.

Gritesh

I would say Edmonton's uglier because you moved from a capital city and all the grooming inherent in that, but.... :) Calgary's probably better looking on the whole...
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta....

Also welcome to Edmonton, buy some skies or a snowboard and head to Jasper for your winter weekends cause life in the city sucks in the winter!

SickBoy

Edmonton is the capital of Alberta....

Also welcome to Edmonton, buy some skies or a snowboard and head to Jasper for your winter weekends cause life in the city sucks in the winter!

Hence the "but... :)" (because although it is the provincial capital it seems to me to lack that same grooming that comes with capitals like Victoria and Ottawa)

...although it's not a city without its charms.

Cactus

Banned

Was it the E.B. at Dufferin Mall? I had to listen to an entire monologue from an impassioned employee concerning the comparative value of the premium package before he let me pre-order the basic.

iphys

I think all EB employees are programmed to try to sell you as much stuff as possible. I stood in line behind a guy buying a PS3 once, and I would never want to buy a console from EB based on how long they hassled the poor guy to buy extra things he didn't need.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think all EB employees are programmed to try to sell you as much stuff as possible. I stood in line behind a guy buying a PS3 once, and I would never want to buy a console from EB based on how long they hassled the poor guy to buy extra things he didn't need.

This one young Indian dude is fantastic at the EB near me. Has a good read on people and he knows he's not going to get insurance or other bullshit on me. Even took the time out to work out trades with me so I'd get max value for them. I VERY rarely fill out online feedback cards, but he definitely deserved the one I wrote for him.

Was it the E.B. at Dufferin Mall? I had to listen to an entire monologue from an impassioned employee concerning the comparative value of the premium package before he let me pre-order the basic.

Runnymede and St Clair. Yeah, the guy seemed downright bothered to put through the Basic order.

Well, the move is over - no more Victoria, lots of Edmonton.

So far I've adjusted to the city being kind of, well, ugly. Okay, really ugly in comparison, outside of the river valley. Also, a larger proportion of people seem to smoke (cigarettes, at least) and the drivers are about as aggressive as I remember the last time I was here.

You think Edmonton is ugly in the fall? Dude, you'd better buckle up for spring! To be fair, you're comparing it to a place routinely declared one of the most beautiful in Canada.

And yes, our drivers are terrible. Aggressive, ill-attentive, short-tempered and selfish. And our insurance rates reflect that. Try cycling to work each day! Certainly gets the adrenaline pumping!!

So yeah, hello to everyone here who's in Edmonton. I know there were a few Victoria people on here, but no idea about Alberta.

Welcome! There are more than a few of us scattered around these parts...

Well I live in Calgary and actually I love it. I'd love to live in BC anytime but work and money is in Alberta. I find it hard to compare any plea in Canada to Vancouver and Victoria though :|

Sora_N

This one young Indian dude is fantastic at the EB near me. Has a good read on people and he knows he's not going to get insurance or other bullshit on me. Even took the time out to work out trades with me so I'd get max value for them. I VERY rarely fill out online feedback cards, but he definitely deserved the one I wrote for him.

I was at EB last night. I hate that store even more now, just annoying. This guy that works there now (not new, I think he got transferred) is way too jokey. I just dislike how he jokingly tried to sell me the warranty, no shit I wouldn't pay $2 to protect a $10 game lol. Last time I returned Last Story with his coworker he made it awkward as hell by trying to lowball me on the game while I was trying to return it. Just freakin' annoying imo. I guess other people are cool with it but when I want to buy/return stuff I don't need hassle.

Sora_N

Ugh, so I sold my 3DS to someone in Brazil on eBay. Almost a month, he said he didn't get it yet. What can I do? Suck up the loss? It was mailed out Sept 5th via International Parcel Air.

Ugh, so I sold my 3DS to someone in Brazil on eBay. Almost a month, he said he didn't get it yet. What can I do? Suck up the loss? It was mailed out Sept 5th via International Parcel Air.

Brazil and Italy are the no-no places to ship. Their post offices are filled with thieves.

I believe after 30 days you can make a claim with Canada Post, but they will only cover $100 unless you upgraded.

Sora_N

Brazil and Italy are the no-no places to ship. Their post offices are filled with thieves.

I believe after 30 days you can make a claim with Canada Post, but they will only cover $100 unless you upgraded.

I only heard of Italy but yeah I will never ship to Brazil again then. Any other crap countries?

suikodan

According to the FS trade-in website, it seems that Armored Core V and Ridger Racer Unbounded will still work for the trade.

Anyone knows if any other game can be found cheap to trade 3 for the RE6 CE?

Socreges

Banned
I'm in Victoria. It's nothing special apart from a couple blocks of nice architecture. What makes Victoria nice is... everything else. Vancouver Island is full of great places to go.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm in Victoria. It's nothing special apart from a couple blocks of nice architecture. What makes Victoria nice is... everything else. Vancouver Island is full of great places to go.

Few places can match Dallas Road.

4.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Few places can match Dallas Road.

http://pcdn.500px.net/5864563/946ba170b8ea261d6322b4b4a1b03a634625b2e9/4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]That's true. Willows and Gonzales are really nice, too.

I really don't like Winters here, though. And with the lockout... good christ what am I going to do.

So, I totally forgot I had a $20 off coupon from FS from when I got a 3DS XL, it expires on the 30th. I was thinking of picking up Uncharted Golden Abyss. Are there any restrictions on the coupon? I don't see anything written.

Check this thread:
http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127519-sdm-bonus-point-offers-check-back-often-canada/

Honestly, I usually don't find the bonus point items as lucrative as the bonus point events. The chocolate bars were an exception.

Is Smartcanucks like a polite version of RFD? Or are they also vultures?

AFAIK, Paypal should have some sort of seller protection policy against buyers who lie and claim they never received their item (or if said item really was lost in mail).

When you sell something on ebay, there's a link that lets you exclude places you don't want to sell to, as well as certain types of buyers. While it does limit the number of people that can buy from you, well you don't want to sell to them anyway so w/e.

zroid

Banned
Any of you guys get your bonus optimum points from the 2/$3 Cadbury sale yet? That were I believe supposed to be released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom