• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is Smartcanucks like a polite version of RFD? Or are they also vultures?

AFAIK, Paypal should have some sort of seller protection policy against buyers who lie and claim they never received their item (or if said item really was lost in mail).

When you sell something on ebay, there's a link that lets you exclude places you don't want to sell to, as well as certain types of buyers. While it does limit the number of people that can buy from you, well you don't want to sell to them anyway so w/e.

Or you can just do what I do and refuse to ship anything anywhere on ebay without tracking and insurance. ebay is a buyers paradise and a sellers nightmare, the only way to get around all of the scammers is to stand your ground on only shipping via a tracked method.

iphys

I think the people on smartcanucks are genuinely just looking for deals rather than trying to scam the system, but you'll find slimy people anywhere. I mainly like that they have an active SDM forum and usually get the flyer posted a couple days early.

Someone just posted that they got their 8000 points awarded from the Kraft promo -- we're supposed to get the points by the end of the day. I haven't checked mine yet.

Sheik

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS are $13 and $12 respectively on Amazon.ca sold by Amazon. Great deal.

Just wondering guys... does anyone remembers if Walmart was taking preorders for the Wii back when it was released? Haven't heard anything about the Wii U yet...

zroid

Banned
Just wondering guys... does anyone remembers if Walmart was taking preorders for the Wii back when it was released? Haven't heard anything about the Wii U yet...

I saw an ad for the Wii U in this week's Wal-Mart flyer. Was looking for something about pre-orders, but I don't believe it said specifically if they were taking them...

zroid

Banned
I guess it's probably worth noting that if you price match with BB or FS, even if they take the cost of shipping into account ($1.99), it would still be a about buck cheaper.

Quadratic

Thanks so much for the skyward sword deal. I actually wanted to play it but forgot to pick it up. At this this price it's a no brainer.

wingz

Thank you for this! I recently had to sell my 3DS, b/c I had to buy a new laptop. At this price, I could care less if its pink! Hopefully Amazon honors it.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I really don't know what I could possibly need a third 3DS for, but... yeeeeeeeeep. If it's still $65 in the morning, I may try to get a price match at Best Buy.

Hellish

Other then the price error only other problem I see is 13 in stock (since the OG post) yet the RFD thread has had hundreds of views as of now.

zroid

Banned
ahahaha well that was amusing while it lasted

I'm glad really, if it hadn't sold out I probably would have just felt like an idiot regardless or whether I ordered one or not.

Spike

Walmart doesn't do preorders for hardware. I remember lining up at 6 a.m. for the Wii and I was about the 8th person there.

ah I miss those bomba amazon pricing errors and deals of yesteryear...

and it looks like I literally missed this one too. Hope amazon doesn't cancel on you guys!

iphys

Wow, a Nintendo rep showed up out of the blue for the Halifax 3DS meetup today, and he gave us all free Pokeballs. I tagged 16 people on one system and 15 on my other one, and there were at least 19 3DS systems there total!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, a Nintendo rep showed up out of the blue for the Halifax 3DS meetup today, and he gave us all free Pokeballs. I tagged 16 people on one system and 15 on my other one, and there were at least 19 3DS systems there total!
That's pretty awesome of Nintendo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom