• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

Did you have a 3DS, because I'm not sure whether I tagged you? My miis are iphys and bqd.

I think we had about 15 people at the last meetup, of which I only tagged 12 because a few of them left really quick, but today was crazy.

Firestorm

Did you have a 3DS, because I'm not sure whether I tagged you? My miis are iphys and bqd.

I think we had about 15 people at the last meetup, of which I only tagged 12 because a few of them left really quick, but today was crazy.
I mentioned it q few pages back but your meet up fell at the same time as the Pokemon meet up Nintendo organized across the country.

iphys

Yeah, I had the imaginatively named "Donald" for my Mii.

Nice, we tagged you at one of the meetups before a few months ago, and we were wondering who you were since we didn't see you. Did you know about the meetups before, or did you just happen to be at Scotia Square that day? Are you really from Alberta? I'm from Calgary originally.

iphys

I mentioned it q few pages back but your meet up fell at the same time as the Pokemon meet up Nintendo organized across the country.

That's weird. They didn't post anything about it on our meetup page like when they did the Kid Icarus event before. Maybe it was because we already had a meetup posted for today anyway.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Yo GAF check this out, 2 of these games for $15 US. All activate on Steam except Batman: AC. I'm getting Civ V and Binary Domain.

Link: http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Games:

• Binary Domain
  • Batman Arkham City GOTY
  • Men of War Assault Squad GOTY
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
  • Stronghold 3 Gold Edition
  • Civilization V

Forgiveness if this was posted already:

If you guys are at all interested in that 24" 3D Monitor that Sony announced back at the last E3, it's on for about ~$170 right now at EB games. I guess it was like $400 originally but nobody was buying them. Essentially they're on clearance.

I bought one simply because of the speakers and dual hdmi so I can hook the laptop up.

I don't really dig the 3D too much though. I tried Silent Hill Downpour and it looked cool enough but not a feature I'd commit to using. Other than that it's a nice little screen.

lupinko

I was thinking about getting one of those PlayStation 3D monitors, but at $170 that's pretty good.

I want a 3DTV now ever since I saw Dredd in theatres. :D

Also I bought the 3D Blu-ray set of Avengers so go figure.

iphys

I've heard so many bad things about those Sony 3D monitors it might be better to fork over the extra money to get a better one, or if you don't care about the 3D you should be able to get a regular 24" monitor for about the same price. I never buy the extended warranty on anything, but this is one thing you might want to (if it's even offered, lol).

darkvir

Forgiveness if this was posted already:

If you guys are at all interested in that 24" 3D Monitor that Sony announced back at the last E3, it's on for about ~$170 right now at EB games. I guess it was like $400 originally but nobody was buying them. Essentially they're on clearance.

I bought one simply because of the speakers and dual hdmi so I can hook the laptop up.

I don't really dig the 3D too much though. I tried Silent Hill Downpour and it looked cool enough but not a feature I'd commit to using. Other than that it's a nice little screen.

Thanks for the heads up, just went and grabbed the last one from the EB near me.

Takuan

Do stores no longer carry PSN+ subscription cards? I've checked Craigslist, Kijiji, and eBay for card bargains and am coming up empty. I'd like to subscribe, but not at full price.

DJ_Lae

Isn't RFD for hoarders? That's what I've been hearing in the thread.

That and low-rent arbitrageurs of sorts.

There are also people in there looking for a legitimate deal for themselves, though they're drowned out most of the time by the general RFD mass.

If I need something in their forums I'll go in and get out as quickly as possible.

My copy of Resident Evil: Archives that I bought for $45 shipped on the weekend. I wished I had picked up Anthology as well, would have liked to have the PS1 version on PSN, guess I could but them separately though

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
My back up copy of RE6: Anthology with the steelbook arrived today. I guess non steel book copies were sent via a different shipping method. Oh well I guess I have to wait for my cheap copy to come later this week.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone else get a coupon code for pre-ordering a Wii U at FS?

Hello,

Thanks for pre-ordering the Wii U from futureshop.ca! We know you can't wait to get your game on.

We'd like to say thanks by offering you a pretty cool deal: get 10% off any Wii U games or accessories over $19.99 until October 14, 2012 on futureshop.ca. Score!

Score the sweet savings by entering this code at checkout: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note the 'fine print':

The e-certificate is not valid on past or current purchases. Discount cannot be combined with other offers. Applicable only to customers who pre-ordered Wii U until September 30, 2012.
Limit of one redemption per purchase on Futureshop.ca (not valid in-store).
No cash value, no rainchecks.
Valid until October 14, 2012 on any Wii U gaming or accessories purchases over $19.99.
We are honoring one 10% e-cert per order.

Thanks again getting your game on at Future Shop! We look forward to continuing to bring you the latest and greatest in gaming at unbeatable prices.

Enjoy!

The Futureshop.ca Team

10% is pretty weak considering they just had a sale on the weekend where accessories were 20% off.

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation from futureshop for Resident Evil 6? They charged My card on Thursday but haven't heard a word from them since.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey, you already got 50 dollars off the Wii U didn't you! lol
That doesn't change the fact that they're giving me a coupon code to pre-order an accessory that is half the discount they offered just this past weekend and will again during their next online sale. It's completely worthless.

Hellish

My $65 3DS next to my $90 T5 3DS XL.

8045480529_d6caa8e2d5.jpg

Have to say the 3DS feels pretty bad in comparison

iphys

Lol, can't blame them for trying. They probably make more money off the games and accessories than they do on the consoles. I always thought retailers got about 50% of the msrp on everything, but supposedly that's not true on consoles.

FyreWulff

Lol, can't blame them for trying. They probably make more money off the games and accessories than they do on the consoles. I always thought retailers got about 50% of the msrp on everything, but supposedly that's not true on consoles.

Retailers make something like 5$ off each 60$ game sold.

This is why you see places like Gamestop pricing used games only 5$ under new.

60$ new title? they get 5$ off that sale.
55$ used title? It's just slightly cheaper, and they get 30$ off the sale (or whatever difference from what they paid for the tradein).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
what makes it better?

Lack of the sharp edges the OG has, which cut into my palms after extended play time. The SELECT HOME START buttons don't feel like like they're cheap pieces of plastic stuck on with tape, slightly larger buttons, more rounded comfortable shoulder buttons.

It leaves me with less 'claw hand' and aching palms from cutting into my hand. Go to a store and try one out. It's a vast improvement.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lack of the sharp edges the OG has, which cut into my palms after extended play time. The SELECT HOME START buttons don't feel like like they're cheap pieces of plastic stuck on with tape, slightly larger buttons, more rounded comfortable shoulder buttons.

It leaves me with less 'claw hand' and aching palms from cutting into my hand. Go to a store and try one out. It's a vast improvement.

It'd literally be a 90 dollar pokemon handheld if I bought it... :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
XL is just a better machine. The only thing that's wrong with it is that they didn't include the second analog stick, so you have to make it even more ginormous with the stupid XL circle-pad pro thing.

zroid

Banned
XL is just a better machine. The only thing that's wrong with it is that they didn't include the second analog stick, so you have to make it even more ginormous with the stupid XL circle-pad pro thing.

Or just not use it because no games require it and very few games benefit from it! :O

zroid

Banned
I just noticed that Ni no Kuni has been added to Best Buy's 800RZ pre-order list.

Feelin' real good about my $45 + 800RZ pre-order right about now 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom