• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg9

Almost every game I've ever pre-ordered from them shipped late, but then they give you a coupon for the trouble. Problem is these coupons don't like to work. Still once they ship you'll have it in a couple days.

Apart from niche titles (VLR!), they always ship out games on the Monday before release and I usually receive it the next day.

Am I a complete idiot or is tsilon impossible to get access to? All these random sites, how am I supposed to draw 5 specific words from this nonsense?

If anyone in Ottawa is looking to buy a new PS2, the Zellers at Bayshore has started its liquidation sale, and they're selling them for $89. Not an amazing deal, but I imagine once they start advertising it on Friday, it'll start getting cleared out quickly.

(And all video game stuff is marked down 10%. Not that impressive, since just last week they had a bunch of games for 30% off.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Getting an invite from a member just bypasses all the buffoonery you have to do to get initial access.
Have they fixed the invite system so the invites are actually sent? And I'm not talking about a month later like it was before.

Any way, we have a big ass thread about the site (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460186) and if anyone needs an invite then I'm sure any of the top posters in that thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=460186) can help people out if they PM them.

Omzz

It's still kinda iffy. I invited my friend and for about 2 weeks nothing happened. Sent a PM to Misters and it got sent that same day.

DJ_Lae

Forza Horizon arrived yesterday from Future Shop...in a box.

This is a new one for them. Games always come in a bubble mailer, which makes sense given their size. But no, this one was packed into maybe a 5x12x18" box that contained nothing but Forza Horizon, the invoice sticker, and a ton of wadded paper fill.

Annoying as it meant it was left wedged in my screen door in the front of my house (on a busy road no less). Good thing my girlfriend was home to grab it.

Gadirok

This is a new one for them. Games always come in a bubble mailer, which makes sense given their size. But no, this one was packed into maybe a 5x12x18" box that contained nothing but Forza Horizon, the invoice sticker, and a ton of wadded paper fill.

Annoying as it meant it was left wedged in my screen door in the front of my house (on a busy road no less). Good thing my girlfriend was home to grab it.

I didn't mind Bestbuy and Futureshop delivering in the bubble wrap packages. The only thing was that they should really get you the game delivered by the day it releases. I don't like waiting till thursday for a game that came out on tuesday so I'm sticking to retail for now.

On the other hand, EB games has lightning fast shipping. Order the night before, and its there the next day.

Median

I had that happen once. Had a Lego Batman 2 delivered to my office from Future Shop. They shipped it in a GIANT box.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well the honeymoon with Wind mobile is over. Wireless data has been shit for the past week or so. I'm currently getting 500kbps, with lots of drops. It's as if they've flicked a switch on me now that I'm passed the first month.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well the honeymoon with Wind mobile is over. Wireless data has been shit for the past week or so. I'm currently getting 500kbps, with lots of drops. It's as if they've flicked a switch on me now that I'm passed the first month.

That's a bummer to hear. I'm still not on Wind or Mobilicity because I'm using an iOS device, but I'd love to switch just to save the money :/

Wind definitely has that period of time where you're loving the savings and unlimited data. But as soon as that excitement goes away you're definitely left with a lot of frustrations. Overall some would argue it's worthwhile, and they may be right depending on where they live, but some people don't mind paying a premium for better service.

I'll say this though, if I didn't have such a great corp. plan with bell I'd probably switch back to Wind like I used to be. I was willing to put up with it (in toronto). Slow data was brutal though.

krae_man

If this keeps up, I'm going to start regretting my decision.

I wonder if it has to do with the weather...

Are you being throttled?

Have they fixed the invite system so the invites are actually sent? And I'm not talking about a month later like it was before.

Any way, we have a big ass thread about the site (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460186) and if anyone needs an invite then I'm sure any of the top posters in that thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=460186) can help people out if they PM them.

I sent someone an invite last week and I got confirmation and the XP bonus two days ago.

DJ_Lae

Mine's still pretty fast and I've been messing around with it coming up on two months now.

Are you hitting 5GB a month? I know they knock your speed down quite a bit past that point.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wind's service has actually improve for us on the west end of Toronto. Now I actually get signal and 3G in what were some very bad dead zones. Never had a problem with the 3G riding on the 501, which is where I mostly use it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Mine's still pretty fast and I've been messing around with it coming up on two months now.

Are you hitting 5GB a month? I know they knock your speed down quite a bit past that point.

I have the exra 5GB package (10GB total). I was getting the same issues even well under 5GB last week.

The main issue is lack of consistency. When I run a sped test it's all over the place, with tons of drops. Upload speeds are also abysmal. Latest test: 1686kbps download, 52kbps upload.

I'm entirely unable to use Netflix right now...it keeos timing out or not detecting a connection.

DJ_Lae

I have the exra 5GB package (10GB total). I was getting the same issues even well under 5GB last week.

The main issue is lack of consistency. When I run a sped test it's all over the place, with tons of drops. Upload speeds are also abysmal. Latest test: 1686kbps download, 52kbps upload.

I'm entirely unable to use Netflix right now...it keeos timing out or not detecting a connection.

That's weirdly low for upload. I just ran a couple of tests in a row and got a pretty consistent 1.7/0.8Mb down/up.

There are a couple of dead spots on the way home from work, though. Whenever the bus sits parked for a minute near the corner of City Centre mall, I almost always lose my connection entirely.

TheExodu5

Banned
Im at work...same area I've always been. Used to get 3-6mbps down, 1mbps up.

Today I'm getting 0.5-2mbps down, and 6 (yes, 6) - 90kbps up.

All week Netflix had been buffering nonstop. Today I'm not even able to use it since it keeps timing out in the menu.

Sora_N

It's in the flyer, someone posted a list on CAG.

Future Shop

Zone of the Enders HD $39.99 (T1)
Zone of the Enders LE $59.99

Assassin's Creed 3 $59.99 (FS exclusive DLC Red Coat or Colonial multi character & steelbook) (T2)

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation $39.99
PS3 500GB with AC 3 $299.99
PSV AC 3 Liberation Bundle $249.99 ($50GC)

Professor Layton Miracle Mask $39.99 (T1)
Need for Speed Most Wanted $59.99
WWE 13 $59.99 (T2)
Nike Training $49.99 (T2)
Sonic All-star Racing Transformed $39.99 (T1)

XBOX 4GB Kinect Bundle $249.99
Lego Batman 2 $39.99
Fable Journey $49.99
Forza Horizon $59.99
XBOX Chatpad & Headset $24.99

XCOM Enemy Unknown $59.99
Dishonored $59.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $59.99
Resident Evil 6 $59.99

Steelbook Pre-order
Halo 4
COD Black Ops 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Batman AC Armored Edition
Hitman Absolution

Bioshock Infinite Pre-order
Get $20 for pre-ordering Farcry 3 (online credit)

DJ_Lae

I would trade one for the Vita version of Sonic Racing, though I don't think that version's out for a while.

Layton is a great deal too. I'd jump on it but I already preordered via tsilon coupon back during E3.

isny

napkin dispenser
I would trade one for the Vita version of Sonic Racing, though I don't think that version's out for a while.

Layton is a great deal too. I'd jump on it but I already preordered via tsilon coupon back during E3.

But what's better, paying $20 for Layton or trading a game you already have and spending $0? =D

DJ_Lae

But what's better, paying $20 for Layton or trading a game you already have and spending $0? =D

That's true, but knowing me I'd probably just scour the trade in list for games that are currently $20, buy that, and trade it in. :p

djblue89

I received Forza Horizon but no Steelbook.... Wtv... But today I got an email from FS telling me to follow the link and use a promo code to get the steelbook for free. But the code does not work at all. Any other people having this issue ?

cjkeats

My local EB's are all showing Virtue's Last Reward as in stock for those who were waiting for it to get up here, check your areas.

I received Forza Horizon but no Steelbook.... Wtv... But today I got an email from FS telling me to follow the link and use a promo code to get the steelbook for free. But the code does not work at all. Any other people having this issue ?

Yeah this is a perpetual problem. Bring it up on the FS forums.

DJ_Lae

Yeah, I got a code earlier too and it gives an error when I try to apply it. Had the same problem back with the Borderlands steelbook, ended up never actually getting one.

I e-mailed them, we'll see how quickly they respond (usually they're not bad).

zroid

Banned
Got this $10 off $19.99 receipt coupon from FS expiring soon, but no idea what to use it on. :\

I was hoping there'd be something on sale for $19.99 this week, but no luck it seems.

So, is this tsilon i keep hearing about like lockerz? Because that got old really fast for me. Do you have to do surveys and whatnot in order to get coupons?

My local EB's are all showing Virtue's Last Reward as in stock for those who were waiting for it to get up here, check your areas.

Yeah, picked it up in Montreal today, though anecdotally they sold out all their 3DS stock to preorders and only have Vita versions left.

(And yeah, you probably want the 3DS version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom