• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really want to make a new thread about it, so I'll just ask fellow CanadaGAF, should I go with a wired 360 controller for PC or wireless? I have some best buy coupons and I'm looking at the wireless pad for PC, though I already have 2 360 wireless pads, but with the the wireless adapter I think you can have up to 4 360 controllers (that would be good for emulators and stuff in case it happens).

Or just go wired since wired > wireless for serious gaming.

One of my 360 pads has the switchable dpad also.

Now before we continue, yes I know about 3rd party wireless dongles, using a PS3 controller with drivers, etc., etc., but I'm not looking for those and am just asking about the above only.

I don't have anything else in mind to buy right now and the coupons will expire soon, so that's about it.
How serious do you need you're wires? :p I have a Charge and Sync cable hooked up even though I have the 360 wireless adapter.

*Note: Don't think MS even sells those separately anymore.

zroid

Banned
I obtained a $20 code, quote to reveal

Don't forget to stack it with that $20 code posted earlier!

edit: actually I'll just PM it to whoever asks. [USED]

DJ_Lae

I didn't really want to make a new thread about it, so I'll just ask fellow CanadaGAF, should I go with a wired 360 controller for PC or wireless? I have some best buy coupons and I'm looking at the wireless pad for PC, though I already have 2 360 wireless pads, but with the the wireless adapter I think you can have up to 4 360 controllers (that would be good for emulators and stuff in case it happens).

Now before we continue, yes I know about 3rd party wireless dongles, using a PS3 controller with drivers, etc., etc., but I'm not looking for those and am just asking about the above only.

I don't have anything else in mind to buy right now and the coupons will expire soon, so that's about it.

I use wireless just because I have a bunch of controllers already and you can use the MS wheel and such with it too. Though at the time there were $20 dongles readily available. It certainly makes hooking up two controllers nice and simple.

Oddly enough earlier this year when I tried to find a wired controller to use with my laptop I had a hell of a time actually finding a wired 360 controller in any store (I ended up just buying some Logitech thing, which sucked).

I use wireless just because I have a bunch of controllers already and you can use the MS wheel and such with it too. Though at the time there were $20 dongles readily available. It certainly makes hooking up two controllers nice and simple.

Oddly enough earlier this year when I tried to find a wired controller to use with my laptop I had a hell of a time actually finding a wired 360 controller in any store (I ended up just buying some Logitech thing, which sucked).

Yep. It's hard to find a wired controller so a wireless controller (with dongle of course) is a better option. Of course, it's hard finding the dongle on it's own so you have to buy "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" to get it.

I'm using my PS3 controller emulated as 360, so it's great that way.

Vamphuntr

If someone needs a 20$ off Halo 4 code from Tsilon, I have one to give. You can combine it with the 20$ off FSHALO4XBOXCREDIT to get the game for cheap.

Doesn't work in QC though as it doesn't apply to the FR version.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've had 0 luck finding the wireless dongle here so stopped caring and just used my ps3 pad with motionjoy.

Yep, motion joy works well for me. We have a USB adapter for our Wii controllers too, so I can use my TvC stick on the PS3 mostly, but I can also use classic controllers on the PC.

zroid

Banned
If someone needs a 20$ off Halo 4 code from Tsilon, I have one to give. You can combine it with the 20$ off FSHALO4XBOXCREDIT to get the game for cheap.

Doesn't work in QC though as it doesn't apply to the FR version.

WHAT, I thought that code was for $10. Goddamn!

Stacking with the $30 code is unbelievable then. o_o

DJ_Lae

I've never had any luck getting my Dual Shock 3s to work with either of my computers - guess I have the wrong brand of bluetooth dongle for my desktop and whatever's in my laptop isn't compatible with it either.

Not that I really care, I suppose, but I was curious to try it out at one point.

zroid

Banned
I just told my cousin (to whom I gave my $30 tsilon perk) about this $20 code. Depending on whether he's used it already or not, I'm about to either ruin or make his day. :lol

Vamphuntr

ME!! I gave mine away! :(

I can park in advance, right?! :p

You can but reading the thread on Tsilon it seems people have the code pending since last week. I guess they ran out or something.

I have the 20$ one though in my inbox.

EDIT : you better hurry because some people wrote in the thread asking the "misters" there if it was legit to combine both codes. Probably will be taken down soon.

Eternia

I don't think I can ever go back to the original 360 dpad so having one with the transforming dpad is a must for me. I haven't had any issues with wireless so there is no real benefit to me going wired.

Sort of gaming related:
How much are iPad 3 refurbs going for right now in Canada? Today I sold my 32gb for $525 and think I may have taken advantage of the guy.

lupinko

Thanks CanadaGAF, I'll go with the wireless 360 pc controller option then.

Yeah, this came back to mind when I saw the new Giana Sisters on Steam.

lol I'm moving away from consoles/handhelds to PC/iOS full time now.

Ricker

Okay,I have the new Future Shop flyer in front of me,opened at page 22(11) and I see the PS Vita AC III Liberation bundle and the picture shows the game, a memory card and it says we also get a 50 dollar gift card...this is pretty awesome and could make me get a Vita finally,but if you read the description below,they don't mention the memory card...is it included or not and if not could I get one anyway if I bring the flyer and show them the picture...

Firestorm

I'm sure it's ok to stack codes this way. It's a FS/tsilon code not tsilon/tsilon
Which makes it an FS/FS code.

For some reason the Collector's Edition is gone so guess I'm going regular. $10+tax for game :D Can probably sell the steelbook and DLC code for $40 total on eBay so basically getting $30 for playing Halo 4. I love Future Shop.

Okay,I have the new Future Shop flyer in front of me,opened at page 22(11) and I see the PS Vita AC III Liberation bundle and the picture shows the game, a memory card and it says we also get a 50 dollar gift card...this is pretty awesome and could make me get a Vita finally,but if you read the description below,they don't mention the memory card...is it included or not and if not could I get one anyway if I bring the flyer and show them the picture...

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-assassin-s-creed-bundle.html

Bundle Includes
White PlayStation®Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin’s Creed® III Liberation
4GB Memory Card

I'd get a bigger mem card with the gift card.

Vamphuntr

I'm sure it's ok to stack codes this way. It's a FS/tsilon code not tsilon/tsilon

Mister J said a while ago theres no problem stacking G list codes with other codes. So not a big deal

The issue is more with the fact that the non tsilon code was given to people that preordered MOH and that for some reason it works for everyone. It would be really easy to check order history to see if you would be allowed to use it or not.

bryehn

Thanks for the heads-up (down?) I those pillows, I ordered 2 sets.

Unrelated, but it's lame you can't use HBC gift cards online. We got some for our baby shower, but rarely actually go to The Bay.

RS4-

The issue is more with the fact that the non tsilon code was given to people that preordered MOH and that for some reason it works for everyone. It would be really easy to check order history to see if you would be allowed to use it or not.

The thing is, its the same code on receipts to when I looked at my Forza one after picking it up in store.

big_z

If anyone has a $20/$30 off code they don't plan on using ill take it off your hands. Send me a pm.

Was going to wait on halo4 but if I can get it cheaper now I'll buy.

If anyone has a $20/$30 off code they don't plan on using ill take it off your hands. Send me a pm.

Was going to wait on halo4 but if I can get it cheaper now I'll buy.

Yeah that sounds really tempting. I wasn't interested in the game but I'm considering it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom