• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys remember when I was talking about trying to get a better cell phone plan with Rogers (or anyone else)? I finally spent the morning negotiating and wound up with a better plan. Might not be the best possible one, but I'm pleased I was able to lower the cost.

Here was my old plan with Rogers:

$96 (+ tax)

6GB
300 weekday minutes
My 5
Unlimited Text
Visual Voicemail, Call Display, etc.
Data Sharing

New plan:

$61 (+ tax)

6GB
200 weekday minutes
My 10
Unlimited Text
and $85 off the contract term price of an iPhone 5

I still might need to add data sharing, but I'm happy with it overall. I can't even think of 10 numbers that I call (I do almost everything through text and email), so the minutes decrease means nothing.

Really looking forward to doing this all again in 3 years though!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So you guys remember when I was talking about trying to get a better cell phone plan with Rogers (or anyone else)? I finally spent the morning negotiating and wound up with a better plan. Might not be the best possible one, but I'm pleased I was able to lower the cost.

Here was my old plan with Rogers:

$96 (+ tax)

6GB
300 weekday minutes
My 5
Unlimited Text
Data Sharing

New plan:

$61 (+ tax)

6GB
200 weekday minutes
My 10
Unlimited Text
and $85 off the contract term price of an iPhone 5

I still might need to add data sharing, but I'm happy with it overall. I can't even think of 10 numbers that I call (I do almost everything through text and email), so the minutes decrease means nothing.

Really looking forward to doing this all again in 3 years though!

Yeah, that was the price of the 1gb plans that everyone was offering, so you did okay. And yeah, have fun arguing with people and trying to haggle in a few years. That's what it's like to be a phone customer these days!

Any cheap qualifiers for this week?
Layton and AC3 sound promising

The list has stayed the same for the past few weeks.

Pros: same cheap qualifiers
Cons: no more stock of those qualifiers, no new games added (Dishonored, etc.)

Lollipop Chainsaw is $20 (new) at EB this weekend.
Ridge Racer is $20 new at FS.

Astra

The Hori pouch and cover are about $20-$25 together, so think of it like a $10 premium to get them Persona themed. Also stickers.

Good point. The case I was going to get is $19.99. This way I get a case and cover.
I didn't need much convincing, since I did want it, so I put the order in. My impatience cost me another $8.99. You'd think they would offer free express shipping.

jred2k

Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned the Halo 4 pre-order at Wal-Mart. 480 Microsoft points and a month of live for $5 is actually a pretty good deal.

I've got a code for a Blue Female Warrior avatar costume I'm not gonna use.
Quote to reveal:
HF7V6-HYK6T-2MYVV-J3D3G-2FCVZ

Edit: I suck at hiding text, but there it is.

the3ye

yay thanks for the titles

This Ridge Racer you speak of... The only $20 Ridge Racer I see on Future Shop's site is the Vita game which I don't see on the list. Am I missing something?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lollipop Chainsaw is well worth it.. ignore the reviews and just read the GAF thread for an idea of the game.

I haven't even played it yet but I think this is excellent advice for anything that Suda51 makes. Shadows of the Damned was an amazing game that didn't review well.

Suda is just a mess and it's fun to see the next crazy thing he does.

Cactus

Banned
So, what has a better chance of happening?

a) Skyrim staying a FS qualifier for at least two more weeks

or

b) Layton 5 getting added to the list either this coming week or the week after

schlew

Question! If I trade in Lollipop at a FS for Layton, am I able to trade in a second Lollipop at a different FS for ZOE? Or do they track your address? Thanks.

zroid

Banned
Question! If I trade in Lollipop at a FS for Layton, am I able to trade in a second Lollipop at a different FS for ZOE? Or do they track your address? Thanks.

should be fine. in theory you should be able to at the same FS, although they may decline you.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

That's what I did for Metal Gear Solid HD PSP2. I had to go to another FS as they refused to do another trade. I was using two FFXIII-2s though.

Ondore

So, what has a better chance of happening?

a) Skyrim staying a FS qualifier for at least two more weeks

or

b) Layton 5 getting added to the list either this coming week or the week after

Of those 2, I'd go with A. It probably won't come off until the GOTY/working on PS3 version.

I'm going to pick up a PS3 copy of Lollipop Chainsaw to trade for Layton, but do you guys think it's worth it to get a 360 copy as well for possible future trade-ins?

zroid

Banned
I'm going to pick up a PS3 copy of Lollipop Chainsaw to trade for Layton, but do you guys think it's worth it to get a 360 copy as well for possible future trade-ins?

I think it can't hurt, since you could always return it. But it would surprise me if FS didn't take Lollipop off the trade in list after this week.

Does anybody know of a place in the GTA that sells games early? I went to the place I know in the Flea Market, but they were sold out. Does We Got Games in Shoppers World sell early?

jcutner

Does anybody know of a place in the GTA that sells games early? I went to the place I know in the Flea Market, but they were sold out. Does We Got Games in Shoppers World sell early?

Which flea market? I've had luck only once on getting a game early from the Pickering Flea Market (MW3)

cjkeats

Grabbed two copies of Lollipop chainsaw to use on Layton and ZOE and they came wih 4 costume codes each. Any one want the extra set?

EDIT: GONE!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Every SDM I visited today were out of 3DS XLs. And the deal is even better in December. Which means they'll be impossible to find.

iphys

Every SDM I visited today were out of 3DS XLs. And the deal is even better in December. Which means they'll be impossible to find.

For mega redemption I check out the three locations around me on the Friday to see what they have, so I can make sure I'm at the right store when it opens (or go at midnight for the 24-hour location). They do tend to get cleaned out of electronics if you don't go early.

Fularu

Banned
Yeah, that was the price of the 1gb plans that everyone was offering, so you did okay. And yeah, have fun arguing with people and trying to haggle in a few years. That's what it's like to be a phone customer these days!

I had to fight to keep my Fido plan when I got my iPhone 5 friday.

55$ for 6gb, 200 mins day, 1000 minutes nights/week ends, unlimited incoming calls, caller ID and 100 texts.

Suits me just fine, I really don't need more than that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For mega redemption I check out the three locations around me on the Friday to see what they have, so I can make sure I'm at the right store when it opens (or go at midnight for the 24-hour location). They do tend to get cleaned out of electronics if you don't go early.

Yeah, I have a 24h one near me so I'll probably do the same; Make sure they have stock the day, or two before and go there at midnight to grab it. I thought most people would pass on today, because you're not saving quite as much.. but many may not know about the redemption day coming in December.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I did the trade one get it free deal for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I bought Lollipop Chainsaw from EB and traded it to Future Shop.

One of the Future Shop employees was giving me shit for bringing it in sealed. This is the one in Heartland (Mississauga). I've never had an issue bringing sealed games to the Toronto locations, but this guy was talking to me about how I should have ethics and common sense and blah blah, whatever, I hate this Future Shop.

The funny thing is they had a completely new opened copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2 on their store shelf, with everything - the game, manuals and case. It was there for the taking. What did I do? I gave it back to Customer Service and told them to fix their shit.

Magnus

Hold up, there's a 1-for-1 trade deal for ZOE HD? Shit. Where are the details? I can't seem to find anything. :(

nvm, got it!

Boo, got nothing on the trade list. Was hoping some of the older Pokemon DS games might have worked, but it looks like they're not taking anything from that platform for these deals.

Best deals out there on ZOE HD anyone?

I did the trade one get it free deal for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I bought Lollipop Chainsaw from EB and traded it to Future Shop.

One of the Future Shop employees was giving me shit for bringing it in sealed. This is the one in Heartland (Mississauga). I've never had an issue bringing sealed games to the Toronto locations, but this guy was talking to me about how I should have ethics and common sense and blah blah, whatever, I hate this Future Shop.

The funny thing is they had a completely new opened copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2 on their store shelf, with everything - the game, manuals and case. It was there for the taking. What did I do? I gave it back to Customer Service and told them to fix their shit.

Bringing in sealed games tells Future Shop that there are cheap, easily-obtainable games valid for this promo, which leads to them taking games off the list. Plus it makes you look like a dealer rather than a gamer.

Spend the two seconds to take the shrink-wrap off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had to fight to keep my Fido plan when I got my iPhone 5 friday.

55$ for 6gb, 200 mins day, 1000 minutes nights/week ends, unlimited incoming calls, caller ID and 100 texts.

Suits me just fine, I really don't need more than that.
I'd probably be okay with limited texts for 20 dollars less a month. I hope you can hang on to that forever. lol

Does that trade 1 for 1 include ac3?
Doesn't seem like AC3 is included and they only do it for new release games so...

Then again, tsilon was giving away 20 dollar off codes a while ago anyway so there's that.

Bringing in sealed games tells Future Shop that there are cheap, easily-obtainable games valid for this promo, which leads to them taking games off the list. Plus it makes you look like a dealer rather than a gamer.

Spend the two seconds to take the shrink-wrap off.

I second this. How hard is it to just discard the wrap anyways?

cjkeats

Sometimes you just want to buy a game at FS and then walk back into the store and trade it in! lol

(I swear that's what they've done by not checking their own prices on their games :p)

I've done that. Bought the game at the regular checkout, walked out to the entrance, removed the shrink-wrap, waked back to the game counter and did the trade.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've done that. Bought the game at the regular checkout, walked out to the entrance, removed the shrink-wrap, waked back to the game counter and did the trade.
I've been tempted, to save time. Just feels weird to be so blatant about it. lol

I'm really shocked that they haven't stopped these trade in deals though. Even if they make money on used games, how many copies of Lollipop Chainsaw can they sell? lol

FrigidEh

Hey guys, is it possible to pay online for Assassins Creed 3 at say Wal-Mart or EBgames and then go pick it up in store? I've looked at both websites and all I see are offers to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom