• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

Huh, I can't even log into ebgames' site. Complains about the formatting of my e-mail address even though there's nothing wrong with it.

Deadly

So my Halo 4 just arrived and is English only(FUCK YES, I hate bilingual covers). Either EB is breaking Quebec law or FS/BB got some big bullshit going on.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So my Halo 4 just arrived and is English only(FUCK YES, I hate bilingual covers). Either EB is breaking Quebec law or FS/BB got some big bullshit going on.

Who cares about Quebec Law anyway.

/snicker

zorbsie

Just saw this on Game Deals Canada on twitter. Zone of the Enders limited editon 39.99 at BestBuy.ca Online is sold out but you can reserve at store. Waiting for my confirmation email now.

So my copy of Halo arrived today, but FS charged me the full price (I had used the tsilon code). The order on the website still indicates the discounted amount.

I've emailed them and I'm sure it'll get taken care of, but I'm wondering if I'm alone in this?

Sora_N

So my copy of Halo arrived today, but FS charged me the full price (I had used the tsilon code). The order on the website still indicates the discounted amount.

I've emailed them and I'm sure it'll get taken care of, but I'm wondering if I'm alone in this?

I should check my statement.

Smiley90

ha. You get charged 20 bucks extra, I (and everyone else in line at the local EB) got their HST refunded for preoders. Did anyone else experience this? They gave everyone 7 bucks back and the receipt showed 0% HST.

ha. You get charged 20 bucks extra, I (and everyone else in line at the local EB) got their HST refunded for preoders. Did anyone else experience this? They gave everyone 7 bucks back and the receipt showed 0% HST.

Did you have to pay anything at EB upfront? Trade-in credit that is immediately applied towards a pre-order/game is tax-free. Trade-in credit that is put on a gift card loses the tax.

My guess is that you paid "too much" for your pre-order and they refunded that amount.

Hilti92

Does anyone have any coupons for bestbuy from rewardzone? I'm looking to pick up a camera there tomorrow and am hoping I can get a bit of money off of it.

Cheerilee

Hey guys,

How is Netflix in Canada nowadays?

I got a free trial a few months ago, so I figured I'd get with the times and try it out, and it didn't have even 1/4 of the things I thought to look for. I'd agree with the common sentiment that Netflix Canada doesn't have any of the things that you want, but you might enjoy some of the things that it does have if you're willing give those things a chance. Unfortunately, it's automatic profiling software didn't seem to understand what I liked at all (and I didn't like the general idea of a computer trying to profile and pigeonhole my tastes), and your ability to browse their selection through their interface is horrible. Even so, after a month I figured I had probably derived about as much enjoyment from their system as I was ever going to.

C-Jo

Any issues signing up to US Netflix with Canadian-based credit cards?

You don't have to switch anything, it's all one account. You're just logging in from a "different location".

I just manually set the DNS on my PS3, re-downloaded Netflix and that's it. Good to go. Check out the free trial, it's super easy.

UberTag

You don't have to switch anything, it's all one account. You're just logging in from a "different location".
Seriously? Wow, I assumed it would employ an entirely different billing system. So even the free 1-month trial will carry over then? Hmmm...

C-Jo

Seriously? Wow, I assumed it would employ an entirely different billing system. So even the free 1-month trial will carry over then? Hmmm...

Yep, you could get the one month free trial from Netflix and the 7 day free trial from Unblock-Us.

i-Lo

Just got my copy of Halo 4 today from Futureshop via preorder for $22.57, a price I don't expect even a used copy of the game would sell at for at least the next 6 months. I am dropping in to say that it was possible because of this thread and generosity of one member, Crewnh.

Once again, thanks to you all and hope this thread keeps on being the great public service it is for Canadians.

fucking hilarity right here

q0p9F.jpg

wingz

Got rejected from Walmart and Best Buy trying to price match LBPK. Figured I'd try anyways.

Apparently looking @ Kijiji in the GTA, quite a few people were able to get @ $9.99, which boggles my mind. Shouldn't people know that this is a price error and not pm such a price?

The only legitimate way of getting this game @ that price point would be if FS honor their weekly ad.

Edit: DAMN, THAT PIC IS HILARIOUS AND UNFORTUNATE.

Smiley90

Did you have to pay anything at EB upfront? Trade-in credit that is immediately applied towards a pre-order/game is tax-free. Trade-in credit that is put on a gift card loses the tax.

My guess is that you paid "too much" for your pre-order and they refunded that amount.

I traded in towards a preorder, in full. Then got tax refunded, my final receipt says "59.99, 0% HST" now, with a 7 bucks refund...

ElNino

Yep, even on my phone when I was in the Niagara Falls (US) airport my son was able to get the US Netflix library when going through the airport WiFi. Same account, same app, but the library was MUCH bigger.

Maximus.

Haha just received my 3ds game order from Futureshop and they sent my tiny game in a HUGE box. When the delivery person was holding the box I was so confused...

iphys

Nice, not sure whether anyone else did the T2 for $60 gift card at BB/FS this week, but I traded in my NSMB2 and Kirby Dream Collection and then used the card to get 3 eShop cards, and they even gave me the 120 RZ points for the eShop cards too. It's kind of hilarious considering I paid less than $60 for those games from BB in the first place, so they basically let me walk away with more money than what I originally gave them for those games just to take their own games back used. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to make enough money to stay in business.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nice, not sure whether anyone else did the T2 for $60 gift card at BB/FS this week, but I traded in my NSMB2 and Kirby Dream Collection and then used the card to get 3 eShop cards, and they even gave me the 120 RZ points for the eShop cards too. It's kind of hilarious considering I paid less than $60 for those games from BB in the first place, so they basically let me walk away with more money than what I originally gave them for those games just to take their own games back used. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to make enough money to stay in business.

I really don't have much to trade in from the list sadly. I did manage to trade some games into EBgames for their promotion (trade 7 minimum $3 value, get extra $30 credit). Games traded in were: Little King's Story, Resident Evil UC, Naruto: Rise of the Ninja, Viva Pinata 2, Tales of Vespreia, Fallout 3, Burnout Paradise. Total credit of $63 for mostly turds I no longer needed. I can't believe Burnout and Fallout even qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom