• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All my FS orders; if I see the tracking order on the site, I get my package the following day.
Same for me too.

I'm only slightly paranoid because I feared losing my LE preorder so close to release because they are numbered and limited run, and I hear they stopped taking pre-orders in some places.

I have a tracking number but it yields no results on Canada Post. Also I got no email and the Order status is "In Progress". I am very confused

Luigi87

I have a tracking number but it yields no results on Canada Post. Also I got no email and the Order status is "In Progress". I am very confused

That usually means while they've processed it and got a tracking number from CP, they have yet to actually have the packages sent off to CP for sorting/shipping.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That usually means while they've processed it and got a tracking number from CP, they have yet to actually have the packages sent off to CP for sorting/shipping.
Yeah and that usually happens late in the day, like from 9PM onwards from my experience, that's also when the e-mail is usually sent out.

Kud Dukan

Mine got shipped yesterday, and last night the Canada Post tracking number started working on their site. Haven't had any updates today, so hopefully it's made some progress and gets here tomorrow.

iphys

Next week SDM has a promo where you get 8000 bonus points for buying $150 in gift cards (plus you should get 1500 base points if you buy the SDM ones). A lot of people like to get the gas station ones, since it's usually pretty hard to get any sort of deal on gas. I'm going to get the SDM ones though, because you can use them to pay your taxes on your redemptions, which you wouldn't otherwise be able to earn any sort of Optimum points for. If anyone is planning to try to get a Wii U, it might also be a helpful way to earn some points for the excess amount you're going to have to pay after the redemption. Also might be a good idea if you want to turn around and spend them on eShop cards or something that doesn't usually qualify for optimum points.

Kud Dukan

Most likely!

My Halo 4 LE order just started being tracked on Canada Post like clockwork. All stations go:

2012/11/05 21:05 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

Check your orders, folks.

Yeah, mine just updated:

2012/11/05 21:31 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post

The estimated delivery date still says Wednesday, but I've learned not to trust that, as I've seen it wrong more times than right.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mhm, do you guys know if I can pickup a preordered Halo 4 from any EBGames location, or only the one I preordered it at? (not delivery)

Wedge7

Looks like my Futureshop.ca Halo should be arriving tommorow hopefully. Was sorta hoping it would somehow come today, but I guess no dice. Only reason I was even thinking that may have been a possibility was that when I ordered Starcraft 2 from them, I got the game the day before release.

May just end up going to the midnight release, and getting the game in a few hours. Stupid question, but could I for instance buy the game at EB tonight at midnight, play it, and then keep the receipt and return the Futureshop Halo4 copy whenever it arrives at EB? May sound stupid, but is their a way for them to "tell" that its not from their actual store, dunno, maybe some unique store bar code or something? I honestly dont have a clue. Only reason I even ordered from FS was due to the $20 coupon from tsilon.

zroid

Banned
Stupid question, but could I for instance buy the game at EB tonight at midnight, and then keep the receipt and return the Futureshop Halo4 copy at EB? May sound stupid, but is their a way for them to "tell" that its not from their actual store, dunno, maybe some unique store bar code or something? I honestly dont have a clue.

The only way they *might* be able to tell the difference is if the retailers are offering exclusive DLC with unique packaging (like a slip of paper in the back that alters the SKU).

Otherwise it's no problem at all.

Wedge7

The only way they *might* be able to tell the difference it is if the retailers are offering exclusive DLC with unique packaging (like a slip of paper in the back that alters the SKU).

Otherwise it's no problem at all.

Awesome, thanks man.

I suppose it was a silly fear, but I figure I might as well be sure, didn't want to be left with an extra copy that I couldn't return. I'll probably head their around 11:30 PM or so. Hopefully the Calgary EB doesnt have a massive line or anything. Hrm, I dont have a pre-order, though I think normally for huge releases like these that they are generally never in any danger of being sold out.

Firestorm

I remember some guy on tsilon preordered 1 AC3 online, and ended up getting 3 in the mail...this might be the case for you too lol
Well I remembered 2. I had one from E3 2011 and one from tsilon. I guess maybe I got an extra for a friend at E3? But now they don't need it because we all ordered again during tsilon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well I remembered 2. I had one from E3 2011 and one from tsilon. I guess maybe I got an extra for a friend at E3? But now they don't need it because we all ordered again during tsilon.
I have four copies coming in. lol

I totally forgot to cancel my CE and previous E3 orders. Whoops.

daevv

Crazy Game Time has it for $38.50 Linked

Friend of mine that and I purchased 4000 points a couple of days ago and it all went smooth.

I've also bought 4000 points from there and the code worked on my Canadian account. It's my new spot for getting 4000 for $40 now. Will get the 12 months of Live next summer when mine runs out too.

DJ_Lae

Apparently Halo 4 and steelbook arrived in another massive box. I guess this is par for Future Shop now?

Horizon arrived in a massive box too, and the free steelbook I ordered a week or so after also came in a box. I wonder what something like that costs them for shipping, as I know if I were to do that as an individual with Canada Post it would be an insane markup over a light packet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll probably bring back Netflix for a month, only to see how it functions with the Wii U and Game Pad. Last time we had it, it rarely got touched. The selection in Canada wasn't bad, but we're more likely to play a game in our down time than just turn on something randomly. At least Netflix cancellation is simple and can be done in a couple of clicks online.

RS4-

Apparently Halo 4 and steelbook arrived in another massive box. I guess this is par for Future Shop now?

Horizon arrived in a massive box too, and the free steelbook I ordered a week or so after also came in a box. I wonder what something like that costs them for shipping, as I know if I were to do that as an individual with Canada Post it would be an insane markup over a light packet.

FS is probably tired of people complaining about their steel books being damaged.

DJ_Lae

FS is probably tired of people complaining about their steel books being damaged.

I suppose, though I'm still confused over just Forza Horizon coming in a box.

In the past month, Dance Central 3, Pokemon Black 2 and Professor Layton all came in packets, which I prefer as it's less volume for me to cram into recycling bags.

How hard the LE's to find for Halo 4? I'd be willing to offload one to a trusted gaffer for $100 no tax if they can't find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom