• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a long shot but I figured I'd ask here. Anyone in the GTA interested in buying Square One/Yorkdale/Scarborough Town Centre mall gift cards? I got them for my birthday but have nothing to buy at the moment. $100 and $150 cards, looking for $90 and $140 respectively

Gadirok

So I pretty much got banned from RFD when my co-op counterpart snapped at Fearless after putting up with his ****.

I removed the post, but I got banned anyways. Not even going to bother apologizing because half that *** he wrote was true.

isny

napkin dispenser
So I pretty much got banned from RFD when my co-op counterpart snapped at Fearless after putting up with his ****.

I removed the post, but I got banned anyways. Not even going to bother apologizing because half that *** he wrote was true.

Don't sweat it. Now you can troll like 99.99% of the other RFD users.

Gadirok

Don't sweat it. Now you can troll like 99.99% of the other RFD users.

It was pretty funny when I saw what he wrote on my computer. I knew I was going to get banned.

I was telling him about how this guy constantly brags about how he scams/cheats his way to get deals from retailers. And he just walks up to my computer, looks over the thread for a little bit and completely starts a full post filled with personal insults.

It was totally worth it. I tried typing in a followup post saying it was my coworker (lol, who was going to believe that) but I honestly don't care because every single bit of what he said was true. And it probably affected the guy's ego in some way.

I'm not one to stoop down low to personal insults, but to totally affect that guy's pride, it was worth it. Even if people thought it was too harsh.

Guy was a total hoarder/scammer anyways.

It was pretty funny when I saw what he wrote on my computer. I knew I was going to get banned.

I was telling him about how this guy constantly brags about how he scams/cheats his way to get deals from retailers. And he just walks up to my computer, looks over the thread for a little bit and completely starts a full post filled with personal insults.

It was totally worth it. I tried typing in a followup post saying it was my coworker (lol, who was going to believe that) but I honestly don't care because every single bit of what he said was true. And it probably affected the guy's ego in some way.

I'm not one to stoop down low to personal insults, but to totally affect that guy's pride, it was worth it. Even if people thought it was too harsh.

What thread?

And ugh, I dunno what to do with my Wii U pre-order, I don't really want the system but I didn't want to waste the g-list coupon......I guess I can see if any of my friends want it or return it after it ships

isny

napkin dispenser
What thread?

And ugh, I dunno what to do with my Wii U pre-order, I don't really want the system but I didn't want to waste the g-list coupon......I guess I can see if any of my friends want it or return it after it ships

E to the bay or Craigs to the list.

evilenger

LOL I just saw this happen.

I first saw your "edited" blank post and was thinking WTF is that? Then Fearless quoted yours and I was like "dammmnn"...then I saw the ban hammer... :)

btkadams

What thread?

i'm in the same boat! i just bought an iphone 5 and feel like the wii-u is a waste of my money at this point, since i'm not interested in the games announced thus far.

i've been told by my friend that i should sell it for profit. is this easy? i know this might FREAK OUT you deal hunters, but i have actually never sold anything on ebay/kijiji/craigslist before. is it worth the trouble?

Vamphuntr

That's the guy with the Yoda avatar? His posts seem more like trolling than anything. Sometimes he does post pictures of buying like 10 copies of the same game to trade in but often it seems he's making up a bunch of stories in his head.

Gadirok

LOL I just saw this happen.

I first saw your "edited" blank post and was thinking WTF is that? Then Fearless quoted yours and I was like "dammmnn"...then I saw the ban hammer... :)

Yeah, the guy didn't quote everything my counterpart wrote though. We were both laughing when I told him I got banned and the mod deleted his post.

isny

napkin dispenser
i've been told by my friend that i should sell it for profit. is this easy? i know this might FREAK OUT you deal hunters, but i have actually never sold anything on ebay/kijiji/craigslist before. is it worth the trouble?

Just don't meet in a 7-11 parking lot. Meet in a public place like a shopping centre.

Also, be sure to set your initial asking price high as no matter what you price it at in your ad, even if you say "the price is firm", people will still attempt to haggle.

RS4-

What thread?

Probably any of those weekly game threads in the deals/games section.

Gadirok

Probably any of those weekly game threads in the deals/games section.

It was the halo 4 preorder thread. The mod deleted all the posts though. The mod also came in to post saying personal attacks will not be tolerated and a member saying what I said was harsh etc etc.

so a hotel cleaner stole my sony walkman... Now I need a new one, I was thinking of a Sony Walkman Z but it's the same price as the Vita. What is a better buy? Vita or a Walkman Z?

btkadams

Just don't meet in a 7-11 parking lot. Meet in a public place like a shopping centre.

Also, be sure to set your initial asking price high as no matter what you price it at in your ad, even if you say "the price is firm", people will still attempt to haggle.

thanks for the advice!

Good on your co-work for putting that guy in his place. People like him have pretty much turned RFD's hot deals section into a complete dump, and nowadays I tend to avoid reading most of those threads precisely because of those cringe-worthy posts.

Bit of a long shot but I figured I'd ask here. Anyone in the GTA interested in buying Square One/Yorkdale/Scarborough Town Centre mall gift cards? I got them for my birthday but have nothing to buy at the moment. $100 and $150 cards, looking for $90 and $140 respectively

Try posting in the Toronto thread. Not sure if it's allowed but you can look into that.

Also, nobody is going to go through the hassle of meeting up with you to save $10. Sell them for $60 & $100 and you'll get some takers.

cjkeats

Nintendo of Canada has a list up of Wii U demo kiosks in Canada at the moment by the way.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/GXRdxjMjQh-I-sA_Qd9BDUvpmmhBGQKc

NewfoundlandGAF, I overheard someone who looked like a district manager or something at EB today mention to the employees while she was harping on them about the number of rows in the xbox wall, that Stavanger and Mount Pearl EB's in St. John's will be getting Wii U demo stands. No idea how accurate that will be, considering that our province isn't even listed as "coming soon" on the list.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Threi

notag
Toys R Us - #C2 - 1 Bass Pro Mills Dr , Vaughan

Best Buy - 7850 Weston Rd , Vaughan

Both 5 minutes away from my house. hmmm

I think I'll just wait for launch.

haha we live in the same area

will probably go to futureshop at 16th and yonge tomorrow

Sora_N

Anyone know what happens to FS codes if I error'ed out? I put code in, site doesn't work, is my code gone? (THey sent me 10% off for screwing up with the Spider-man t-shirt)

EDIT: Nvm, site went through after 10 minutes.

The list seems incomplete. I was at the FS downtown and there was a Wii U kiosk.

The gamepad is incredible. At first glance it looks bulky and heavy, but is actually very light and ergonomic.

Omlagus

so a hotel cleaner stole my sony walkman... Now I need a new one, I was thinking of a Sony Walkman Z but it's the same price as the Vita. What is a better buy? Vita or a Walkman Z?

Depends a bit on what you are looking for: a portable game machine that can also play music, or a portable music player that can also play games. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I actually have both, so bear with me for a minute.

If you mainly want a portable game system, get the Vita. Fantastic piece of hardware. While you can also use it to play your music, you may find that you don't want to take up precious memory card space when you discover the joy of carrying around tons of Vita, PS1 and PSP games. Playstation Mobile games too, if you want.

On the other hand, if you primarily want a music player get the Walkman Z. Sound quality is amazing. Doesn't natively support FLAC but since it runs Android you could just install a different media player. Also, Android based means you can play some games too if that's of interest. Although they wouldn't be on par with Vita games and are obviously touch screen controlled only.

TL;DR version: if you like dedicated devices, and are replacing a Walkman, go for the Z, but both are excellent hardware.

TheKyle07

I've got these Halo 4 DLC codes (Pulse Armor, Locus Helmet) from Future Shop that I want to sell. Can anybody give me an idea of what they're worth?

Astra

Life is just so much simpler when you aren't spending $400 on a new console next week

Sure is. I'm spending around $420 on it. I paid for the one day shipping, because I'm so damn impatient.

The list seems incomplete. I was at the FS downtown and there was a Wii U kiosk.

The gamepad is incredible. At first glance it looks bulky and heavy, but is actually very light and ergonomic.

I played it at Toys R Us and loved it. The gamepad does feel great, and I was shocked at how light it was when I lifted it out of the cradle. I wish there were other games aside from Rayman to demo. Nintendoland, or NSMBU.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's weird? How do you sell codes online? Looking at some of the listings, people talk about shipping a piece of paper or whatever. lol

timnich

So how does the Wii U launch work for people who pre-ordered online, like from Best Buy. Should I expect to see my console arrive Friday? Or not until Monday?

zroid

Banned
So how does the Wii U launch work for people who pre-ordered online, like from Best Buy. Should I expect to see my console arrive Friday? Or not until Monday?

Monday at the absolute earliest.

Nintendo and their damn Sunday launches of all the important stuff :'/ I think BB and FS said in their flyers they will be getting some day 1 stock so I might just line up regardless. They'll probably give away something to the first x customers anyway.

timnich

Oh man:( Makes me want to try and snag a deluxe console in store Sunday morning. Not that I'm impatient, just that I don't get time to game until the weekend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa my Paper Mario Sticker Star from FS shipped today. First time I've had something ship early. Probably will get it Monday then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom