• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Hmm... On the product page it says 'usually ships next day' but then when I put in the postal code it says this: "Estimated Shipping Date via: Ground 11/12/2012 - 11/16/2012"

Not looking too positive for a quick delivery :(

If Canada Post treats you the same as me, you'll get the the 20th.
You follow me on twitter, you know how salty I get about CP around here. But hey, could just be my location, being in a suburb and all.

daevv

Just pre-ordered Black Ops Declassified with the $10 code and 10% off.
Only $35.........Maybe it'll have easy trophies like Resistance. Finish it in a day then trade it in for $30 ;)

Firestorm

codblops2 code here as well. I don't think I know anybody who plays this series. Also Vita blops. Quote telling me which one you want.

I think this is the most unwanted tsilon code yet.

Vamphuntr

codblops2 code here as well. I don't think I know anybody who plays this series. Also Vita blops. Quote telling me which one you want.

I think this is the most unwanted tsilon code yet.

Definitely. People are even trying to unload them on the official tsilon forum. In the thread hyping the new perk people got really disappointed when they learned it was a COD perk.

Maybe the next deals will be better. According to some posts there should be nice deal until the end of the year.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally decided to dig out all my old 360 turds and throw them at the EBgames trade in promo. I should have at least seven which will mean free Paper Mario for me, since FS has failed me with their new trade-in list.

Cake Boss

Banned
So you could only get the french version of the game if you are in Quebec? Fucking laaaammmee. Is there any way you could return it to the store and exchange it for an English version? Because I just live right across the bridge of Ottawa.

Vamphuntr

So you could only get the french version of the game if you are in Quebec? Fucking laaaammmee. Is there any way you could return it to the store and exchange it for an English version? Because I just live right across the bridge of Ottawa.

You can have it delivered to a friend in Ottawa and it will work as it's in Ontario. FS has been really annoying with this for over a year. And it's the only store that do this. I wonder why.

Gadirok

I really want a good deal on the pulse elite ps3 headset but I cant find a deal for it anywhere. Going across the border is out of the question since I am in the GTA. Any ideas?

I honestly dont want to wait, and the old stereo ones seem great, but I am not interested in them.

daevv

Nothing major but my Zellers (not liquidation till March 2013) has in the flyers and a sign up stating buy one get one half price on games $19.99 or less. However when I was checked in it came up buy one get one free for the two $9.99 games I bought. Not sure if only my store or all stores...

Nothing major but my Zellers (not liquidation till March 2013) has in the flyers and a sign up stating buy one get one half price on games $19.99 or less. However when I was checked in it came up buy one get one free for the two $9.99 games I bought. Not sure if only my store or all stores...
which location?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My Halo 4 LE shows the estimated arrival date as 10/11-10/17/2012.

Is this a common thing for them to be completely wrong? Case for concern?

wingz

My Halo 4 LE shows the estimated arrival date as 10/11-10/17/2012.

Is this a common thing for them to be completely wrong? Case for concern?

Very common. Nothing to be concern about. It's pretty random to be honest. They only update it with the real tracking info, once they really ship it out.

Official MS wireless headset is $24.99 at toys r us :)
Went and bought one of these yesterday. For 25 bucks its pretty good especially if you have broken your old Xbox headset like I had. It works with any other Bluetooth device as well so in theory it would work with the ps3 too (though I haven't tried).

Maximus.

Man Futureshop online customer service is SHIT. I called them to fix a pricing error for the afterhours online sale. They put me on hold for 30 mins and told me 3 times I was in the wrong for the pricing error. I had to keep explaining myself, and after the whole ordeal, they finally found out I was right and said they would correct it. I have never gotten angry and customer support before, but today I exploded. Why is it hard for Futureshop to own up to their simple mistake and save themselves and myself the hassle. I hope the correction goes through and I dont have to call their shitty support line again.

zroid

Banned
FS and BB service is just really hit or miss. I've had a lot of great experiences, and some piss poor ones. I think the good outweighs the bad though, luckily (for me, anyway).

The Best Buy RewardZone email support in particular has been very good to me over the years (with one rather terrible exception).

Maximus.

FS and BB service is just really hit or miss. I've had a lot of great experiences, and some piss poor ones. I think the good outweighs the bad though, luckily (for me, anyway).

The Best Buy RewardZone email support in particular has been very good to me over the years (with one rather terrible exception).

I have never had an issue with Futureshop or Best Buy in store or ordering online before either, that is why I am pissed off that when an error finally occurred, it was such a hassle to get it fixed. This experience won't stop me from shopping there, but obviously I hope I dont ever have to call back again and have the same thing potentially happen again.

iphys

I always e-mail to save myself from getting upset over the phone, although it is slower and sometimes takes multiple messages to sort out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey guys, I traded in a couple games towards Halo 4, but I'm not sure about the promos I got. I should be getting the 30% and the "trade in 7 games for 30 bucks extra", which I don't think combine (sadly). i got the promo codes #3583 and #3600 underneath some of my games, are they those 2? Just want to confirm.

Kinda sucks that the promos don't mix :( Now I got 30% towards all my "small" games (<3 bucks, because they don't qualify for the 7games-30bucks promo), and all the "bigger" games "only" got bundled for extra money, but not for 30% as well.

Oh well, I still made more money this way. 4.29 extra for each of those 7 games is way more than 30% for each one. (only Skyrim would've netted me more money than 4.29 with the 30% rule)

Deadly

I ordered Halo 4 through EBGames but something odd happened. I added my credit card info to my account but it didn't ask me for the usual numbers in the back on that screen nor did it ask for it on the screen where I chose a payment option. I still received the order confirmation though but I'm wondering if it actually went through. Normal, not normal?

Gadirok

First come, first serve. Posted this on CAG first, then GAF, then RFD so nobody complains and hoarders get leftovers.

God of war Origins+ Red Dualshock 3: $39.99
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...e_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Uncharted Dual Pack+ Blue Dualshock 3: $39.99
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...e_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Udraw Game Tablet: $19.99
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...gr:ProductRec_1,g:RecentPopular,rk:&~lt=popup

Shipping should be $0, but I haven't ordered anything off of Dell.ca in awhile.

Also. I FINALLY GOT A FLIPPING DEAL ON THESE STUPID DUALSHOCK 3 COMBOS AFTER A YEAR. FINALLY. Missed out on HMV sale, and RCSS sale, and countless sales on these and FINALLY. SUCCESS. *****ING SUCCESS.

Now I will have a cool blue dualshock 3 so I can finally bro-op with my bro.

It would be much appreciated if someone could link me a deal on the PS3 Elite pulse headset, I cant seem to find those discounted in canada and really want one soon. I may just have to purchase it at MSRP unless someone has suggestions.

DJ_Lae

Does EBGames normally ask for security codes? Some sites don't, I'm pretty sure amazon.ca doesn't.

Amazon makes it way too easy to buy stuff. Couple of clicks and you're done, no information entered at all.

At least they make it equally easy to cancel orders.

Gadirok

First come, first serve. Posted this on CAG first, then GAF, then RFD so nobody complains and hoarders get leftovers.

God of war Origins+ Red Dualshock 3: $39.99

Uncharted Dual Pack+ Blue Dualshock 3: $39.99

Udraw Game Tablet: $19.99
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...gr:ProductRec_1,g:RecentPopular,rk:&~lt=popup

Shipping should be $0, but I haven't ordered anything off of Dell.ca in awhile.

Also. I FINALLY GOT A FLIPPING DEAL ON THESE STUPID DUALSHOCK 3 COMBOS AFTER A YEAR. FINALLY. Missed out on HMV sale, and RCSS sale, and countless sales on these and FINALLY. SUCCESS. *****ING SUCCESS.

Now I will have a cool blue dualshock 3 so I can finally bro-op with my bro.

It would be much appreciated if someone could link me a deal on the PS3 Elite pulse headset, I cant seem to find those discounted in canada and really want one soon. I may just have to purchase it at MSRP unless someone has suggestions.

The uncharted bundles went OOS.

Cmagus

Looking at picking up one of the new Uncharted 3 Playstion 3 bundle anyone know of any good deals going on or coming up anywhere?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is $29.99 on Amazon.ca.

I haven't got it yet - this makes it very tempting but I think I'll still hold out till Birthday/Christmas.

Looking at picking up one of the new Uncharted 3 Playstion 3 bundle anyone know of any good deals going on or coming up anywhere?

EB is offering $50 off PS3 bundles and an extra $50 if you are trading in any other hardware towards it.

Also, would really appreciate a BlOps code if anyone has an extra.

Thanks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got a tracking number from FS on my tsilon Halo 4 LE but it looks like it hasn't been processed yet with Canada Post. No email yet. Probably will get one in the last few hours in the day. Haven't checked if I've been charged yet.

Stat!

I got a tracking number from FS on my tsilon Halo 4 LE but it looks like it hasn't been processed yet with Canada Post. No email yet. Probably will get one in the last few hours in the day. Haven't checked if I've been charged yet.

Same here on my regular copy. Just got the tracking number an hour ago, but no e-mail, not on Canada Post. I hope I get it tomorrow but I'm not sure if I should hold my breath. I've never bought anything from FS online before.

RS4-

Same here on my regular copy. Just got the tracking number an hour ago, but no e-mail, not on Canada Post. I hope I get it tomorrow but I'm not sure if I should hold my breath. I've never bought anything from FS online before.

All my FS orders; if I see the tracking order on the site, I get my package the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom