• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Who pays $25 for this stuff?! I don't understand this.
This is why I've loved these pre-order bonuses. Useless multiplayer skins I can sell for $20? Yes plz keep them retailer exclusives coming.

Unfortunately Future Shop has yet again not sent me my bonus so I'll have to email -.- Ugh.

iphys

Monday is a holiday for Canada Post.

I didn't even realize Remembrance Day was a holiday to begin with, never mind taking the day after off just because it falls on a Sunday. We never even got that day off from school. It doesn't even sound right to call it a "holiday" -- hardly seems fair that a bunch of people got killed busting their asses fighting just so we could be lazy and use it as an excuse to take a day off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is why I've loved these pre-order bonuses. Useless multiplayer skins I can sell for $20? Yes plz keep them retailer exclusives coming.

Unfortunately Future Shop has yet again not sent me my bonus so I'll have to email -.- Ugh.

Given that they're just emails, how do you sell them?

zroid

Banned
$10 off code for pre-ordering Far Cry 3 at Best Buy: RZGCIGN2012

It also says you get 800RZ pts bonus, but I'm not sure if that's in addition to those you get for pre-ordering anyway. (probably not)

Entropia

No One Remembers
EB Games - 1925 Dundas St , London

Wal-Mart - 1105 Wellington Rd S , London

EB Games - #L124 - 1680 Richmond St N , London

EB Games - 1320 Fanshawe Park Rd , London

Toys R Us - 3075 Wonderland Rd S , London

Hmm, that Toys R Us is like a 25 minute walk from me... I think I know what I am doing today :eek:

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was exited to see a WiiU demo tation when I walked into the Futureshop I usually go this week. My exitementquickly went away when I realised that there's only a demo for Rayman and that everything else is a video... :/

Sadly that's the situation with all NA demo units.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I didn't even realize Remembrance Day was a holiday to begin with, never mind taking the day after off just because it falls on a Sunday. We never even got that day off from school. It doesn't even sound right to call it a "holiday" -- hardly seems fair that a bunch of people got killed busting their asses fighting just so we could be lazy and use it as an excuse to take a day off.
It's not a statutory holiday in Manitoba, Ontario or Quebec but it is in the rest of Canada. But since Canada Post is a Federal agency they get the day off no matter what.

Anony

you guys think BSTgaf would buy the halo preorder stuff for 20/25?
how about the halo steelcase? how much would that sell for?

Astra

I dont think that list for the Wii U demo stations is accurate. It says charlottetown only has one at Walmart, when we in fact have 4. Walmart, Futureshop, Toys R Us and EBgames.
The funny thing is, all these stores are very close to eachother. Toys R Us and Futureshop are literally side by side, Walmart is a two minute walk down a hill, and EB is across the street in a mall.

Selling pre-order codes on eBay is awesome. People will pay through the nose for those things.

The only drawback is that other sellers report your listings so you have to sell them fast.

Always say that you'll ship the physical card (since eBay's policies for codes stipulate that). You may still get dinged for copyright if you get your listing reported though.

isny

napkin dispenser
Selling pre-order codes on eBay is awesome. People will pay through the nose for those things.

The only drawback is that other sellers report your listings so you have to sell them fast.

Always say that you'll ship the physical card (since eBay's policies for codes stipulate that). You may still get dinged for copyright if you get your listing reported though.

Selling codes on ebay for anything is a bad idea. The only way to protect yourself selling ANYTHING on ebay is to ship the sold item to the buyer via a tracked method with delivery confirmation.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's probably to compete with the holiday bundle that includes a red 3DS and NSMB2 that stores will be selling for $149.99 on Black Friday.

In Canada too? I haven't been keeping up on flyers. What's the lowest 3priced DS XL non-bundle being offered?

I'm interested in possibly picking up an Xbox 360 with Halo 4 (and possibly Forza Horizon) on Black Friday. I used to have an Xbox 360 years ago in England but gave mine away when I moved here.

Any good deals for Black Friday (or even right now?)

Depends a bit on what you are looking for: a portable game machine that can also play music, or a portable music player that can also play games. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I actually have both, so bear with me for a minute.

If you mainly want a portable game system, get the Vita. Fantastic piece of hardware. While you can also use it to play your music, you may find that you don't want to take up precious memory card space when you discover the joy of carrying around tons of Vita, PS1 and PSP games. Playstation Mobile games too, if you want.

On the other hand, if you primarily want a music player get the Walkman Z. Sound quality is amazing. Doesn't natively support FLAC but since it runs Android you could just install a different media player. Also, Android based means you can play some games too if that's of interest. Although they wouldn't be on par with Vita games and are obviously touch screen controlled only.

TL;DR version: if you like dedicated devices, and are replacing a Walkman, go for the Z, but both are excellent hardware.
thanks for replying, I think I will get both eventually. I need a mp3 player ASAP though.

zroid

Banned
That Best Buy promo code I posted earlier: "RZGCIGN2012"

It seems to yield 20% off pre-orders. Not sure if it applies to all games or not, but it's worked on everything I've tested it on so far. Just nabbed Etrian Odyssey IV for $28.

Weird how it said $10 off Far Cry 3 previously, no idea what was going on there.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Got to play the Wii U in EBGames at Heartland, Mississauga.

Rayman Legends is fun and looks gorgeous.

Tagg9

It seems to yield 20% off pre-orders. Not sure if it applies to all games or not, but it's worked on everything I've tested it on so far. Just nabbed Etrian Odyssey IV for $28.

Weird how it said $10 off Far Cry 3 previously, no idea what was going on there.

Thanks pre-ordered a few games for $44+tax (Last Guardian, Last of Us).

iphys

Lol, I can't even find anything to pre-order at BB anymore, as I already have too many 3DS games pre-ordered for better deals. Seems kind of sad that they don't have any 800 RZ points or even $5 off on Wii U games, as they used to at least put the $5 off on pretty much everything. I assume they're trying to maximize profits on the Wii U launch games, but none of them honestly interest me enough to pay $60, never mind the cost of the system to play them on.

BadWolf

Thanks man!

Already got a similar deal via coupons last time for Rising so only pre-ordered The Last Guardian.

Too bad Ground Zeroes isn't up for pre-order yet :/

Returners

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone getting Dark Knight Rises Blu-rays?

I'm at lost at which version to get.

As usual FS has the steelbook exclusive:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=cf47d81e0ea81507ff5753f1d0e9b3f0en02

BB meanwhile has a version with a different cover and includes the "Dark Knight Reborn" documentary
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=f8ac239e37231ce7103e2bc655ca6c83en02

And then there's the monster HMV:
http://hmv.ca/Products/Detail/681249.aspx

$39.99, hahaha, god damn Canadian retailers. The box set with all three films is $34.99 in the U.S. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom