• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a statutory holiday in Manitoba, Ontario or Quebec but it is in the rest of Canada. But since Canada Post is a Federal agency they get the day off no matter what.

It isn't a stat in NS, either, it is covered under its own legislation here. I get the Monday off because I work in a federally regulated industry (or something? I'm not complaining, but it was a surprise). I recall snapping at people bitching about working the Monday after Remembrance Day last time it was on a weekend.

zroid

Banned
I pre-ordered FF XIII Lightning Returns with the BB 20% code, just for the hell of it. ><

It's too bad Fire Emblem Awakening's not available yet.

Maximus.

That Best Buy promo code I posted earlier: "RZGCIGN2012"

It seems to yield 20% off pre-orders. Not sure if it applies to all games or not, but it's worked on everything I've tested it on so far. Just nabbed Etrian Odyssey IV for $28.

Weird how it said $10 off Far Cry 3 previously, no idea what was going on there.

Code won't work for play station all stars :(

kitzkozan

Maybe they got wise? Didn't work for Hitman, Bioshock: Infinite, or GTA V. Ah well.

It still work, buy you need to pre-order 2 games. :p They tried to fix the error, but it seems they screwed up and now there's a discount on whatever game is the cheapest which slash up 20$. Got Persona 4 golden for 15$ and Walking dead for 5$ (along with the ME trilogy for PS3). They might cancel it, but I'm taking a chance so let's see what happen.

zroid

Banned
It still work, buy you need to pre-order 2 games. :p They tried to fix the error, but it seems they screwed up and now there's a discount on whatever game is the cheapest which slash up 20$. Got Persona 4 golden for 15$ and Walking dead for 5$ (along with the ME trilogy for PS3). They might cancel it, but I'm taking a chance so let's see what happen.

wtf lol

I don't know how Best Buy manages to so consistently fail so badly with their promo codes. I ordered Persona 4 for $14.99, and used The Last Guardian to pad the order. Even if it does come out I'll just return it I guess (already have it pre-ordered at FS anyway). This is so stupid.

EDIT: Also ordered TWD for $5 lol. I used "Agent" (PS3) to pad the order. Another game that's never coming out. :p

EDIT2: Pre-ordered Etrian Odyssey IV *again* but for $14.99 ~_~

mrgone

wtf lol

I don't know how Best Buy manages to so consistently fail so badly with their promo codes. I ordered Persona 4 for $14.99, and used The Last Guardian to pad the order. Even if it does come out I'll just return it I guess (already have it pre-ordered at FS anyway). This is so stupid.

EDIT: Also ordered TWD for $5 lol. I used "Agent" (PS3) to pad the order. Another game that's never coming out. :p

EDIT2: Pre-ordered Etrian Odyssey IV *again* but for $14.99 ~_~

Thank you for pointing out The Last Guardian was in their system! I was able to get the discount on Etrian Odyssey 4 with it as well (which will definitely ship first :) )

Thanks for this. Got Adventure Time 3DS for $10, and Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice and Luigi's Mansion for $15. Let's hope they honor it. Used Last Guardian and Agent (thanks Zeer0id) for the games and just used them multiple times. In the off chance either of those come out I can just return them.

Edit: While sort of off topic is Etrian Odyssey something I should be excited about? It's a hardcore dungeon crawler right? Curious if I should pick it up now while it's cheap.

zroid

Banned
Edit: While sort of off topic is Etrian Odyssey something I should be excited about? It's a hardcore dungeon crawler right? Curious if I should pick it up now while it's cheap.

I'm not too sure either, I know its fans really love the series, but I've never played an EO game before. But it's probably the kind of thing I'd like and if I change my mind I can always cancel or return.

Sheik

Aw, man. I always miss the good stuff. I assume they've caught it by now? Just tried using the promo code and it says it's not recognized.

B-Dex

So EB has the trade more get more deal. I have about 15-16 games that would be eligible. Could I split it into 2 trade-ins and get 30 bucks twice or would they tell me to F off?

Magnus

Vanquish PS3, new, sitting in Walmart clearance bins for $15. Now I feel stupid for buying it used from EB this summer for $20. Lol

B-Dex

You could always do it in two separate trips if necessary

See that's my thinking is if they say no I'll just go back in a week since it's good all month the deal.

UPDATE:
They did it without me even asking. So snagged LBP Karting, TTT2, and a paid off PO on Sonic Transformed!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Argh, The Source in Victoria had Wii U's on display... but all covered in plastic and not running. SUCH TEASES.

sikkinixx

So... I had Blops 2 on order from Walmart.ca back when it was $40. The credit card I had used to order it was cancelled about a month ago and I got a new one. I never updated my info.

I got a shipping notice today from Walmart. How the hell did they charge a credit card that has been cancelled?

snack

So... I had Blops 2 on order from Walmart.ca back when it was $40. The credit card I had used to order it was cancelled about a month ago and I got a new one. I never updated my info.

I got a shipping notice today from Walmart. How the hell did they charge a credit card that has been cancelled?

Just a wild guess but maybe they billed you before the credit card was cancelled?

sikkinixx

Just a wild guess but maybe they billed you before the credit card was cancelled?

Just checked. No charge from walmart in the past few months. And their site says they don't bill until shipping.

Guess I will wait to see if I get a frantic "Ummmmm please pay us!" e-mail.

Hilti92

So EB has the trade more get more deal. I have about 15-16 games that would be eligible. Could I split it into 2 trade-ins and get 30 bucks twice or would they tell me to F off?

Thought about doing this as I have a ton of games to trade but I just can't bring myself to do it and give away all that money I spent on my games.. Good deal though for those who trade..

sikkinixx

Thought about doing this as I have a ton of games to trade but I just can't bring myself to do it and give away all that money I spent on my games.. Good deal though for those who trade..

Just do it dude. I felt liberated after I traded in nearly 50 games a while back. Got enough to get a 3DS XL, a PS3 slim and a few games. When you haven't touched a game in 5 years, and know deep down you never will, it's kinda silly.

Argh, The Source in Victoria had Wii U's on display... but all covered in plastic and not running. SUCH TEASES.

That's funny considering there is a rumor going around that The Source may not be getting their units out to customers on launch.

I'm starting to get a little concerned about my Toys R Us order. Anyone else order from TRU? In store?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's funny considering there is a rumor going around that The Source may not be getting their units out to customers on launch.

I'm starting to get a little concerned about my Toys R Us order. Anyone else order from TRU? In store?

Really? lol, they had it in the store both on Saturday and Sunday, but nicely wrapped up and turned off :( sad looks were had.

The best buy (or futureshop, i don't remember) at lansdowne had a WiiU unit. I tried to switch games (it was on Rayman or something), but the touchpad glitched out and kept scrolling to the right when i tried to select a new game, so that sucked.

Gadirok

So RFD lifted my ban, but I don't really feel like posting over there any longer. I usually post between there, CAG, and here (not too often here), but there is way too much drama there and people prioritize getting profit over video games than actually playing them. They lost sight of their hobbies and resell like crazy, making it a full time living for some.

Can't wait to see when all this crashes and blows what happens to people like Fearless and his whole legion of mindless drones.

So RFD lifted my ban, but I don't really feel like posting over there any longer. I usually post between there, CAG, and here (not too often here), but there is way too much drama there and people prioritize getting profit over video games than actually playing them. They lost sight of their hobbies and resell like crazy, making it a full time living for some.

Can't wait to see when all this crashes and blows what happens to people like Fearless and his whole legion of mindless drones.

Yea, its pretty disgusting what they do, its no wonder the trade-in lists keep getting weaker and weaker

I'm reading more of RFD and I'm wondering if a lot of the Wii U shortages that some are claiming isn't just FUD to deter people from going out and trying to get one Sunday morning. I know the shipments might be low but this information is coming from the same people who are grabbing 4-5 units on the first day.

fucking hell. So i want a Wii U now. Obviously too late to preorder. Where is there an opportunity to line up? Any chance of Delux editions?

B-Dex

Just do it dude. I felt liberated after I traded in nearly 50 games a while back. Got enough to get a 3DS XL, a PS3 slim and a few games. When you haven't touched a game in 5 years, and know deep down you never will, it's kinda silly.

Exactly and I got well over 200, prolly closer to 250 bucks.

iphys

At my last 3DS meetup I asked the people there how many of them had actually pre-ordered a Wii U, and it was 0 of like 15 people. I seriously don't think it's the gamers buying up all the pre-orders, but the hoarders hoping to scalp them. If most of the pre-orders are going to scalpers that have pre-ordered multiple units, they're going to have a hard time scalping them if there's actually very little real demand. I wouldn't be surprised if they all end up returning them to the stores 2 weeks later when they realize there's no profit to be had.

I'm going to try to get one at Shoppers Drug Mart, as they don't really do pre-orders, and they have some 24-hour locations if you want to try to get one at midnight. If you don't manage to get one right away, I'm sure they'll be easy to come by after x-mas. BTW, for anyone who is planning to get one at Shoppers, they're doing a gift card promo this week that get's you 8000 Optimum points for buying 2+ cards totalling $150. You get 1500 regular points if they're SDM cards, so it should work out to 9500 when the points are awarded. I've already done 2 transactions to stock up on cards, hoping to pay the excess cost of the Wii U and the taxes on the other redemptions I'm planning to do (now have enough points to do three 95,000 point redemptions).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
fucking hell. So i want a Wii U now. Obviously too late to preorder. Where is there an opportunity to line up? Any chance of Delux editions?
I never cancelled my first pre-order (I later made a second one with the tsilon coupon) so if you want it for what I'm paying and can meet up somewhere near the 401 (or even Square One since I'm currently working there) then I'll let you have it.

sikkinixx

I ordered a Wii U from FS.ca, should I have it by Monday the 19th? Obviously I won't have it Sunday (bit of a bummer) but I want to arrange for someone to be around to sign for it if possible.

I never cancelled my first pre-order (I later made a second one with the tsilon coupon) so if you want it for what I'm paying and can meet up somewhere near the 401 (or even Square One since I'm currently working there) then I'll let you have it.

Thnx man sent you a pm

Just checked. No charge from walmart in the past few months. And their site says they don't bill until shipping.

Guess I will wait to see if I get a frantic "Ummmmm please pay us!" e-mail.

Sometimes, when you authorize someone to charge, you can't just "cancel" credit card and relax. They will charge it, your credit card will reactivate and you'll have to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom