• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also apparently Epic Mickey 2 for Wii U is $40 at Wal-Mart. Seems to be $60 elsewhere...?

Do you have a flyer for this? Not a bad deal, though I feel that it's not going to do so well with all the other games coming out. Plus the reception to Epic Mickey 1 was lukewarm.

Best Buy South Vancouver Grand Opening sale (Nov 16-18):

Sony 40" LED TV $599.99
Macbook Air $799.99
iPod Touch 32GB $199.99
160GB PS3 $199.99
360 Kinect bundle with Dance Central 2 (downloadable) and $100 GC $349.99
LOTR Trilogy Extended Blu-Ray $34.99
Bourne Trilogy DVD $14.99
RE6/Borderlands 2 $29.99 (10 per day)
Hunger Games BR Special Edition $24.99

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How have you been buying online for 10 years and still not had your card compromised yet? I've had it happen like 3-4 times over that span.
Probably the shaddiest thing I've ever done is bay things via PayPal when it first launched. I guess I've been lucky in that respect.

They did actually force me to change my number a few years ago, but I think that was because I spent like 300 dollars on Steam and they thought my account was stolen. lol

At this point, the hard part is memorizing the security number every time a new card comes in.

isny

napkin dispenser
Ottawa GAF, I can't attend and will forever regret, but please pack the house tonight for Tobo. He's such a great storyteller and is not to be missed. If you've ever heard any of his podcasts on /FILM you'll know he's a must see.

Just crossposting from my FB post.

For anyone who wants to meet/hear stories from a professional actor who has been in the business for almost forty years, actor Stephen Tobolowsky of Groundhog Day fame will be in Ottawa tonight to share personal stories and meet with fans at the Ottawa International Storytelling Festival at St Brigid’s Centre for the Arts.

More info can be found at the below link.

http://blogs.ottawa.usembassy.gov/c...teven-tobolowsky-comes-to-ottawa-in-november/

Hellish

Is there anywhere I can go to on release day and wait outside in the cold before the store opens to get a WiiU without a pre order? Bestbuy and Wal mart already said no, and I assume futureshop/eb are the same

therapist

Is there anywhere I can go to on release day and wait outside in the cold before the store opens to get a WiiU without a pre order? Bestbuy and Wal mart already said no, and I assume futureshop/eb are the same

From my experience with the Wii , waiting in line over night is definitely not worth it.

And likely due to huge pre-orders , there probably arent many if any places that will be doing this.

Gamestop maybe try and call and ask?

I'm going to try Shoppers and The Source but the chances are slim.

I have a preorder at TRU too.

Sora_N

Try your local Toys R Us perhaps? I know people usually don't go there first, but we DID sell out of Wii U deluxe preorders.

I doubt you will have a hard time finding the basic one though?

Or you could try Superstore, or the Source.

This is people contact stores. I don't think they have put out an official statement.
Alright, thanks.

Walmart and bestbuy have both said to me in store that they will not sell any WiiU's to anyone without a pre order within the first 24 hours unless the amount they have received is more then the pre orders they sold.

Hmm, I guess the first shipment is lower than expected.

For anyone planning to pick one up from SDM, the Pharmaprix that I work at isn't getting any (it's a smaller store) but another bigger store has two Deluxe bundles (I was able to have the owner put one aside for me). So it looks like slim pickings out in the wild. Plan to get there early, I'd say.

Anth0ny

This is so weird. I got my Wii without a pre-order no problem.

And by no problem, I mean I waited outside the store overnight for 11 hours.

But still, I always thought there was the allotment for pre-order holders, and the allotment for non pre-order holders. pre-order people could just want in day one and pick up their console. it was the non pre-order people that had to work for it, i.e, waiting outside in the cold overnight.

I have a pre-order, and I think it's ridiculous they are sending away non-preorder people.

Hellish

But still, I always thought there was the allotment for pre-order holders, and the allotment for non pre-order holders. pre-order people could just want in day one and pick up their console. it was the non pre-order people that had to work for it, i.e, waiting outside in the cold overnight.

I have a pre-order, and I think it's ridiculous they are sending away non-preorder people.

Me too, and the last time I went to best buy before today they were not taking pre orders in store as of then and they didn't know then they were going to start even though there was WiiU posters up, but I guess its my fault for not going in when the in store pre ordering started.

iphys

Alright, thanks.

Hmm, I guess the first shipment is lower than expected.

For anyone planning to pick one up from SDM, the Pharmaprix that I work at isn't getting any (it's a smaller store) but another bigger store has two Deluxe bundles (I was able to have the owner put one aside for me). So it looks like slim pickings out in the wild. Plan to get there early, I'd say.

Good to know they're getting them. My guess is Shoppers doesn't tend to sell a lot of video games usually, so probably don't get allocated many systems for launch, but I'm sure the crazy RFD hoarders will be after these since they're so convinced they can scalp them. Fortunately, I'm not dying with excitement to get my hands on a Wii U just yet.

I could have picked up a Wii through the first day on launch. It disappeared right after that though.

Firestorm

At cost, eh? ;)
These were my E3 copies! I kept my $10 one =P
That's pathetic considering they do buy2g1f in usa
Let's please not bitch and be jealous of a mediocre US deal considering how lucky we are with promos in Canada.
Do you have a flyer for this? Not a bad deal, though I feel that it's not going to do so well with all the other games coming out. Plus the reception to Epic Mickey 1 was lukewarm.

Best Buy South Vancouver Grand Opening sale (Nov 16-18):

Sony 40" LED TV $599.99
Macbook Air $799.99
iPod Touch 32GB $199.99
160GB PS3 $199.99
360 Kinect bundle with Dance Central 2 (downloadable) and $100 GC $349.99
LOTR Trilogy Extended Blu-Ray $34.99
Bourne Trilogy DVD $14.99
RE6/Borderlands 2 $29.99 (10 per day)
Hunger Games BR Special Edition $24.99
Woah. The newest iPod Touch? I didn't even know a Best Buy was opening up...

Hellish

So it looks like I wont have a WiiU on launch but I have Black Ops 2 lol

8189787016_7f4a25e628_z.jpg

Ordered via the RFD deal for 44.99, was suppose to ship with a wiiu pro controller but on the packing slip it wasn't mentioned maybe they shipped seperate

edit: forgot I have a friend who works at shoppers, I think ill be in luck.

zroid

Banned

Yep, it was in the Wal-Mart flyer. Advertised along with all the other Wii U stuff. Sonic All-Stars Racing for Wii U is also $40, but I think that's MSRP?

Cru Jones

Just thought I would let people know that I got a call from my local EB Games (London, Ontario) letting me know that my WII U would be ready to be picked up at 11am on Sunday.

I was number 8 on the list for the deluxe set

Cru Jones

I think the Saturday after the Nintendo Direct announcing the launch date (which I think was on a Thursday).

Pretty much a day or two after pre-orders had opened up.

UberTag

Good to know they're getting them. My guess is Shoppers doesn't tend to sell a lot of video games usually, so probably don't get allocated many systems for launch, but I'm sure the crazy RFD hoarders will be after these since they're so convinced they can scalp them. Fortunately, I'm not dying with excitement to get my hands on a Wii U just yet.
What kind of living must the hoarders make swarming RFD to flip items non-stop?
Do they live in palaces with their own Tim Horton's on-site?
Do they beg for change in the streets in between sales?
How do they survive without any financial security?
And what kind of ridiculous markup are they expecting from people deprived of Wii Us at launch? Will they price their extra Deluxe systems at $500? $600?

Anth0ny

So Wii U is front and center on the Wal Mart, Best Buy and Future Shop flyers I just got in the mail today.

I have a hard time believing they have ZERO units for people who didn't pre order in, like, September. This is likely the first time most of their customers have seen a Wii U.

I am and will be jealous of all you guys getting your hands on the WiiU this weekend.

I missed on the pre-orders and I will line up for the console, not sure if I can get hold of one :(

Got a question: I preordered Persona 4 Golden from EB and put $5 down. I wanted to preorder from another location closer to work, can I still get my $5 back even after the game arrives or should I do it before?

Astra

I am and will be jealous of all you guys getting your hands on the WiiU this weekend.

I missed on the pre-orders and I will line up for the console, not sure if I can get hold of one :(

I may not get one, either. I preordered on the 15th of September, but my card still hasn't been charged. Seems several others had their cards charged days ago for their orders.

I'll be moderately disappointed if I don't get one.

Got a question: I preordered Persona 4 Golden from EB and put $5 down. I wanted to preorder from another location closer to work, can I still get my $5 back even after the game arrives or should I do it before?

Anytime. Have done so, myself.

krae_man

Just got a shipping notice for Zombie U, but New Super Mario Bros U. I'll probably get that later on tonight. Which I guess means I'll get them on Monday.

Edit: Now I got a shipping notice for my $299 WiiU Deluxe that I bought with my tsilon coupon. I was worried that I would be out of luck since the codes didn't go live until a few days after preorders started, but I'm good.

zroid

Banned
Dammit still no shipment of my Wii U from Best Buy, even though I ordered it on Sept 13 and my card was charged yesterday. :\

iphys

What kind of living must the hoarders make swarming RFD to flip items non-stop?
Do they live in palaces with their own Tim Horton's on-site?
Do they beg for change in the streets in between sales?
How do they survive without any financial security?
And what kind of ridiculous markup are they expecting from people deprived of Wii Us at launch? Will they price their extra Deluxe systems at $500? $600?

Well, they're going for as much as $700 on eBay right now, but I doubt very many people are truly desperate enough to pay that, and the market could get flooded on Sunday if a lot of people decide to flip theirs. I still find it hard to believe the demand for the system is really as high as the pre-orders suggest.

SickBoy

I'm in the same boat. I actually meant to change payment method to use some credit I had. I'm still torn as to whether I actually want it right now. So many other games on my plate.

StevieP

Banned
Try your local Toys R Us perhaps? I know people usually don't go there first, but we DID sell out of Wii U deluxe preorders.

I doubt you will have a hard time finding the basic one though?

Or you could try Superstore, or the Source.

Don't bother with the Source. They're not getting any consoles until next week and what they do get likely won't even fill their pre-order queue.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Don't bother with the Source. They're not getting any consoles until next week and what they do get likely won't even fill their pre-order queue.

Like I said before, the Source in Victoria had a Wii U on display last Saturday already, so I'd assume THEY have units. So probably other Source's have too, so it might be worth checking it out.

StevieP

Banned
Like I said before, the Source in Victoria had a Wii U on display last Saturday already, so I'd assume THEY have units. So probably other Source's have too, so it might be worth checking it out.

I guess I should've been more specific. The Source Ontario lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom