• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Did they give you an estimated receiving date? I'm wondering how long these things usually take ... never pre-ordered anything from Best Buy online =/.

nope, lol

Usually them charging your card means they have the item and it's ready to ship. Most often they'll ship it out the day after, but I doubt the Wii U will get sent tomorrow unless Canada Post's been given specific instructions not to deliver it before Sunday (effectively Monday).

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
nope, lol

Usually them charging your card means they have the item and it's ready to ship. Most often they'll ship it out the day after, but I doubt the Wii U will get sent tomorrow unless Canada Post's been given specific instructions not to deliver it before Sunday (effectively Monday).

Damn.

The wait is already killing me. With AC3 Wii U in front of it me now it makes it even worse.

Oh well. I'm hoping people start getting them early next week rather than towards the end of next week.

zroid

Banned
As much as I don't need another mouse and I hate mail in rebates, that's kinda tempting :p

It won't actually work out to profit though if you consider taxes and the cost to mail the thing to the States (which are like a dollar, each)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
As much as I don't need another mouse and I hate mail in rebates, that's kinda tempting :p

It won't actually work out to profit though if you consider taxes and the cost to mail the thing to the States (which are like a dollar, each)

My total was $9.09 CAD, you get $10.00 back, you also have to get it post-marked.
This is my first time bothering with rebates lol.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
maaaaaaan it would work, but too much effort for a free 10dollar mouse.

Got it for my new rig, I know it's pretty good, hopefully better than my G60.

zroid

Banned
If it's still in stock when I wake up tomorrow, I'll order one

I'm already in bed and too lazy to get up to fetch the credit card >.<

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh fuck, forgot to cancel one of my orders. lol

God damnit, I keep doing that. Going back to FS with like 700 dollars worth of video game shit is going to be such a pain.

You have your credit card memorized? 0_0
If you order online a lot, yeah. Especially if you keep the same number for... well, over a decade.

Kazerei

Banned
They aren't doing midnight launches anymore according to the listing. Only Early Openings are now listed. The Midnight Launches section is gone.

Whoops, haha. I guess none of the retailers think it's worth the cost to hold a midnight launch to sell a small number of units.

SMT

one can only memorize so many strings of numbers in one's life!

:D

I think I lost my wallet from time to time and cancel my CC number, then I find it again and I'm stuck without one for two weeks.

I remember my first cc number though lol.

I've had the same CC number for 10 years and have bought enough stuff online to have it memorized

I might have to return 1 copy of Halo 4, a friend said they'd buy it but they are taking their sweet ass time, 40 bucks + HST!

And I may return the Wii U Deluxe, I dunno yet, I have to think about it

Firestorm

If you're in this thread you should probably have your CC memorized by now!

I also had 3 copies of Halo 4. Kept one. Sold the other two at $45 (cost) to friends.

Quoting this again. Can someone tell me where I can find it? The queue option showed up on the 360 app (as another row), but not on my computer or Android device.

It is only available on some accounts. Another Gaffer and I shared screenshots and it appears that Netflix rolled the queue feature out to a limited set of users. I do not have it and even went so far as to request it from their support team. I was not successful.

Gritesh

Futureshop charged my credit card last night too for my wiiu preorder deluxe

Looking forward to getting it, probably not till Monday though I assume

zroid

Banned
Wii U Basic is in the Shoppers flyer for next week (doesn't even mention Sunday, so I wonder if they might put it out on Saturday for the 20x, lol). Fingers crossed that they sell the Deluxe as well (haven't seen the whole flyer yet, so it might be in there on another page).

BTW, Saturday specials in combo with the 20x this time -- might be the last big chance to get points before mega redemption.

Just picked up the flyer from my doorstep and flipped through. The Deluxe Wii U is there, on the electronics page, along with NSMBU.

It says available Nov 18

Just picked up the flyer from my doorstep and flipped through. The Deluxe Wii U is there, on the electronics page, along with NSMBU.

It says available Nov 18

Gonna find out when my local store opens. Don't want to wait till 11 am to grab my Toys R Us preorder.

krae_man

Oh fuck, forgot to cancel one of my orders. lol

God damnit, I keep doing that. Going back to FS with like 700 dollars worth of video game shit is going to be such a pain.

If you order online a lot, yeah. Especially if you keep the same number for... well, over a decade.

How have you been buying online for 10 years and still not had your card compromised yet? I've had it happen like 3-4 times over that span.

Cru Jones

Has anyone that pre-ordered in store at EB Games/Gamestop received a call stating that they would be receiving the system on Sunday? I was like 7 on the list, and am now worried I won't get one.

zroid

Banned
Also apparently Epic Mickey 2 for Wii U is $40 at Wal-Mart. Seems to be $60 elsewhere...?

Gonna find out when my local store opens. Don't want to wait till 11 am to grab my Toys R Us preorder.

Man, I wonder I'll be able to find one on Thursday. If I buy it then, I can get $50 off with the Seniors' discount, and then use a $170 redemption on top of that. Would be pretty darn good. Not sure if I want to risk waiting though. Errrg, I'll call some stores and ask how many units they've received.

Sora_N

Also for tomorrow night only (Starts at 10PM, times may vary for some stores in malls), get a $20 gift card when you buy Halo 4 at TRU.

I think there is also a $20 gift card if you buy 2 of the select Wii U games (I think I saw Batman and Scribblenauts, one other that I don't remember) for this week.

cjkeats

I do, actually. It's super fun but it's bad for impulse buys as you don't second guess the purchase lol.

Many impulse buys were stopped because I was too lazy to go across the room and get my cards. I know the CSV numbers for each card off the top of my head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom