• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a flyer for this? Not a bad deal, though I feel that it's not going to do so well with all the other games coming out. Plus the reception to Epic Mickey 1 was lukewarm.

Best Buy South Vancouver Grand Opening sale (Nov 16-18):

Sony 40" LED TV $599.99
Macbook Air $799.99
iPod Touch 32GB $199.99
160GB PS3 $199.99
360 Kinect bundle with Dance Central 2 (downloadable) and $100 GC $349.99
LOTR Trilogy Extended Blu-Ray $34.99
Bourne Trilogy DVD $14.99
RE6/Borderlands 2 $29.99 (10 per day)
Hunger Games BR Special Edition $24.99

Will Best Buy's in other provinces price match this? I've had them price match stuff from a Quebec Walmart once, but I'm not sure if they'll go with a special sale like this

Did anyone get a Best Buy Rewards Zone email? It sounds like they will actually have some Wii U stock in store to line up for on Sunday.

I'm really wondering now if I will be able to go to a midnight launch or an early morning opening and get a wii u on Sunday. I will be so sad if I don't! :'(

I'm really wondering now if I will be able to go to a midnight launch or an early morning opening and get a wii u on Sunday. I will be so sad if I don't! :'(

You're chances are slim considering there are people who have preordered and won't get a console at launch. Not impossible. You should be making a lot of phone calls on Saturday to find the best opportunity.

Focus on getting a Basic and hope for a Deluxe.

I think staples.ca and thesource.ca are still taking online orders for the Basic. Not sure when you get them though.

I'm starting to feel the itch to pick up a Wii U. I managed to resist the temptation of per-ordering a few times but I always find myself wanting the newest toy around launch. The fact that there will more than likely be none available by the time I can make it to a store on Sunday is probably a good thing though. I more than likely will end up picking one up when they're readily available.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was charged at Best Buy but haven't received a shipping notice either. I ordered it on September 13th.

You're chances are slim considering there are people who have preordered and won't get a console at launch. Not impossible. You should be making a lot of phone calls on Saturday to find the best opportunity.

Focus on getting a Basic and hope for a Deluxe.

I think staples.ca and thesource.ca are still taking online orders for the Basic. Not sure when you get them though.

I'd rather wait then get the basic. Heh. I will phone around and see. I've got friends at staples too, so that might work out for me.

$20 off whatever you want Tsilon deal was better. Hello $40 NSMBU, ZombieU and Rayman Legends:)

If I keep the Wii U I'm going to trade in a bunch of the 40 dollar tsilon xbox games for wii u stuff

Trading 2 40 dollar games for 60 in credit is cheaper than a rental lol

suikodan

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't get an email confirming my card was charged, but it shows up as shipped on Best Buy's website. Excite~~

Where exactly does it say shipped?

Mine says under order status "in progress" -- is it there?

Oxymoron

Haziq:
h1cUB.png

I'm in Montréal. I assume it's shipping out from Mississauga?

Duuke

Got my pre-order for WiiU deluxe cancelled last minute from a small shop, they said they didn't get enough supply :( Does anyone know where I could find one in Montreal? Ideally to pre-order and pick up, no shipping.

Got my pre-order for WiiU deluxe cancelled last minute from a small shop, they said they didn't get enough supply :( Does anyone know where I could find one in Montreal? Ideally to pre-order and pick up, no shipping.

Pay off the poster above you :p

And I assume mine hasn't shipped yet since I live in the GTA and orders from Sauga get here the day after shipping

DJ_Lae

When you redeem pre-order bonuses on Live does it ask you to confirm after you enter the code or does it redeem right away?

I've entered quite a few in the past month and they all redeem right away. I've done them all through the website, though, not sure if that matters.

zroid

Banned
I'm seriously considering going to the 24h Shoppers nearby tomorrow night to pick one up. I'll call tomorrow, hopefully someone will be able to tell me if they got any. Apparently it's one of the bigger stores in the area, so if any of them have Wii Us, that store should.

Sora_N

I work near the Vancouver Nintendo HQ, I was bored on lunch just now, walked by to see what their building looks like. They have Wii U and a Wii demo units right at the door, and a Master Sword. Didn't really wanna go in though, lol.

C-Jo

Ugh, I've been refreshing my order status page all day. It says I was charged two days ago, but still no shipping notification.

Socreges

Banned
So Amazon.com Black Friday sales? Can Canadians get in on that? At what price point do we not have to pay for shipping, or is that not an option?

Firestorm

I've entered quite a few in the past month and they all redeem right away. I've done them all through the website, though, not sure if that matters.
Seems the answer is right away on website and confirmation screen on console.
So Amazon.com Black Friday sales? Can Canadians get in on that? At what price point do we not have to pay for shipping, or is that not an option?
Not an option. Is there even anything good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom