• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritesh

I got no email yet, however on my futureshop order page it says my item was shipped out today.

I'm going to be passing through a small town with a walmart in it on sunday afternoon, I may pop in to see if by chance they have any extras there, I might pick up one there too.

Chances are my futureshop shipment wont get here till like next Tuesday at best.

Online pre-orders are pointless without release day shipping.

Referring to Wiiu

So Amazon.com Black Friday sales? Can Canadians get in on that? At what price point do we not have to pay for shipping, or is that not an option?

If it even ships to Canada you'll be paying quite a bit.

Get a friend in the US or use one of the many forwarding services out there.

Vamphuntr

I got no email yet, however on my futureshop order page it says my item was shipped out today.

I'm going to be passing through a small town with a walmart in it on sunday afternoon, I may pop in to see if by chance they have any extras there, I might pick up one there too.

Chances are my futureshop shipment wont get here till like next Tuesday at best.

Online pre-orders are pointless without release day shipping.

Referring to Wiiu

Well, yeah. Stop preordering online if you don't want to wait and the problem will be solved! No postal service during weekends anyway.

It seems it's the same cycle going on in this thread for every major new releases.

damn ncix is freaking slow!! I bought some ram, GPU and a keyboard & mouse combo from them and decided to go with the free pick up option in Markham but it's taking forever to clear!! WTF?

gabbo

damn ncix is freaking slow!! I bought some ram, GPU and a keyboard & mouse combo from them and decided to go with the free pick up option in Markham but it's taking forever to clear!! WTF?

Odd to hear. Have never had anything more than exemplary experiences with them.
Contact their support and see what's up, I'm sure they'll let you know what's going on.

Tagg9

Hells yeah, Future Shop finally shipped my Wii U Deluxe. Come to me, baby!

I've been charged for NSMBU and PS All Stars, but neither have shipped. =(

C-Jo

If there's anyone with a Best Buy Wii U pre-order that hasn't shipped yet, what does it say under estimated delivery date? Mine says September 17th, so I'm wondering if maybe my order got screwed up somehow.

zroid

Banned
Even though NSMBU's been marked as "shipped", there's no tracking info yet. I worry I may not get it till Tuesday at this rate :(

Wii U is good to go in the postal depot though.

Tagg9

If there's anyone with a Best Buy Wii U pre-order that hasn't shipped yet, what does it say under estimated delivery date? Mine says September 17th, so I'm wondering if maybe my order got screwed up somehow.

No, they always give a stupid estimate based on when you first ordered. There's nothing wrong with your order.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Wii U picked up by Canada Post ... I know where the office is. It's like 5 minutes away from me.

I wish I could just go on Sunday and pick it up instead.

Mr. F

Banned
Super hyped for the Wii U and I'm not even getting one yet...probably sometime next spring. Hoping to maybe find some cyber Monday deal on Wii Motion Plus remotes, otherwise it'll be way too costly trying to get multiplayer going.

Firestorm

Future Shop is my favourite retailer in Canada.

Halo 4 with Locus Helmet, Pulse Armour, and Steelbook: Purchased for $10
Halo 4 Locus Helmet: Sold for $30
Halo 4 Pulse Armour: Sold for $20

And I still have the Steelbook which I might keep or give to a Halo-loving friend as it only seems to be $15 or so on eBay. Retailer exclusive skins is probably the best thing created this generation. Even if I paid full price I could have made my money back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Future Shop is my favourite retailer in Canada.

Halo 4 with Locus Helmet, Pulse Armour, and Steelbook: Purchased for $10
Halo 4 Locus Helmet: Sold for $30
Halo 4 Pulse Armour: Sold for $20

And I still have the Steelbook which I might keep or give to a Halo-loving friend as it only seems to be $15 or so on eBay. Retailer exclusive skins is probably the best thing created this generation. Even if I paid full price I could have made my money back.

Seriously... how do you sell codes on eBay? Can you just... well, sell codes and say you will email them after payment? Especially since with the FS deal, the codes came via email?

Can you PM me your listings so I can copy them or whatever? lol

Firestorm

Seriously... how do you sell codes on eBay? Can you just... well, sell codes and say you will email them after payment? Especially since with the FS deal, the codes came via email?

Can you PM me your listings so I can copy them or whatever? lol
This is all I had in the description:

"This is for the Pulse Armor Skin DLC code. Code will be e-mailed to you within 12 hours of payment. Code from Future Shop, also was available from Mighty Ape."

Just do a search on eBay for "Locus Helmet" and check it out. Apparently the helmet was only available from Canada (Future Shop) and New Zealand (Mighty Ape) which is why it's so high?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is all I had in the description:

"This is for the Pulse Armor Skin DLC code. Code will be e-mailed to you within 12 hours of payment. Code from Future Shop, also was available from Mighty Ape."

Just do a search on eBay for "Locus Helmet" and check it out. Apparently the helmet was only available from Canada (Future Shop) and New Zealand (Mighty Ape) which is why it's so high?

So there's no problem with it being a "non physical" product?

I've seen some listings where they talk about printing out the code on a piece of paper and mailing it to people... so it's so weird. lol

Cheerilee

Define "forever".

AFAIK, if you order a couple of items for in-store pickup, and even one item is out of stock at your store location, they'll put most of your order on hold for you in a box, and transfer that last item from someplace that has stock to your store location, and it's only when that last item arrives and your order is complete that they tell you your order is ready.

iphys

Was just at Shoppers for the 20x, and they already had AC3, Rabbids Land, and Just Dance 4 out for sale for Wii U. I suppose it's YMMV for what games your Shoppers has and whether they're already selling them today, but it's a super deal to buy the games today at the 20x, so you might want to check it out. I'm also really happy to see them carrying third-party games for Nintendo systems for a change.

Saw this on CAG, but if you want Ratchet and Clank figures they are $3 at Dollarama stores. I live in a small ass town but even my Dollarama had them.

Anony

you know what's funny
in the black friday ads, there are lots of vita bundles for 200
we've been getting it in canada for a while now, since the madden/AC/cod bundles have been 'on sale' with 50$ gift card (that gets automatically deducted if you buy it online) every week now for like a month now

zroid

Banned
Hrmmm

Just called the local 24h Shoppers. They said they'll have Wii Us to sell at midnight tonight, but only the Basic model. :( According to him the Deluxe units were retracted by Nintendo from Shoppers; probably not enough go around. Sad.

Well if I can't get it at SDM tomorrow, I'll just wait for my online order to arrive on Monday.

iphys

I guess I'll be waiting a while then for sure. The Basic just seems too limited, and I don't know why Nintendo is making half the models Basic when 90% of the demand is for the Deluxe model. They claim they priced them based on what they thought would sell, but the pricing is too similar compared with the discrepancy in what you get.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hrmmm

Just called the local 24h Shoppers. They said they'll have Wii Us to sell at midnight tonight, but only the Basic model. :( According to him the Deluxe units were retracted by Nintendo from Shoppers; probably not enough go around. Sad.

Well if I can't get it at SDM tomorrow, I'll just wait for my online order to arrive on Monday.

That's lame. I wanted to see if I could pick it up on Sunday too.

Oh well, one extra day won't matter much.

you know what's funny
in the black friday ads, there are lots of vita bundles for 200
we've been getting it in canada for a while now, since the madden/AC/cod bundles have been 'on sale' with 50$ gift card (that gets automatically deducted if you buy it online) every week now for like a month now

Where is it on sale right now might I ask?

zroid

Banned
I don't know why Nintendo is making half the models Basic when 90% of the demand is for the Deluxe model.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Especially when you consider that purchasing Nintendo Land with the Basic model is ultimately more expensive than simply purchasing the Deluxe bundle, they're going to be forcing a lot of people who want Nintendo Land to actually pay "more for less" just because of poor judgment in manufacturing/allocations.

iphys

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Especially when you consider that purchasing Nintendo Land with the Basic model is ultimately more expensive than simply purchasing the Deluxe bundle, they're going to be forcing a lot of people who want Nintendo Land to actually pay "more for less" just because of poor judgment in manufacturing/allocations.

Just been looking around, and apparently a lot of stores got screwed out of getting the Deluxe model -- even the Source, which was actually doing pre-orders for it. People who pre-ordered the Deluxe from the Source were just told it wouldn't be available till Dec 5th. Nintendo should have figured out their pricing was off beforehand, or at least figured out from the pre-orders on day 1 that they should have changed production according to the demand.

Presco

So there's no problem with it being a "non physical" product?

I've seen some listings where they talk about printing out the code on a piece of paper and mailing it to people... so it's so weird. lol

There is a problem but most still sell. I sold my Pulse armour and Locus helmet as well but not before having my listing removed three times. If you take out any mention of sending the codes by email (not allowed) and the fact that it is DLC (also not allowed) then you should be ok. People who are interested in the armour know the deal so a detailed description isn't really necessary. Also, if someone with zero feedback contacts you and asks about shipping by email, don't reply. They work for eBay and are trying to get you to admit to breaking the terms of service. Not sure what happened to eBay but it kind of sucks now.

iphys

I used to always buy Wii points cards off eBay and ask them to just e-mail me the code. No one ever had a problem with it. The only weird thing was one time someone sent me three codes when I only bought one, and they kept apologizing for the delay each time like I had complained, even though I had given them positive feedback for the first code already. Does eBay send out some sort of automated warning if a seller doesn't mark an item as shipped or something?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is a problem but most still sell. I sold my Pulse armour and Locus helmet as well but not before having my listing removed three times. If you take out any mention of sending the codes by email (not allowed) and the fact that it is DLC (also not allowed) then you should be ok. People who are interested in the armour know the deal so a detailed description isn't really necessary. Also, if someone with zero feedback contacts you and asks about shipping by email, don't reply. They work for eBay and are trying to get you to admit to breaking the terms of service. Not sure what happened to eBay but it kind of sucks now.
Man, so complicated.

It looks like the market is totally flooded/dead now though. Hopefully I can get 10 bucks for these things. lol

Define "forever".

AFAIK, if you order a couple of items for in-store pickup, and even one item is out of stock at your store location, they'll put most of your order on hold for you in a box, and transfer that last item from someplace that has stock to your store location, and it's only when that last item arrives and your order is complete that they tell you your order is ready.

allright good point, I just changed my order from a 7950 to a 7970 anyway ;)

Anony

futureshop and bestbuy had them

every week they launched new bundles there was a 50$ gc included, it was like 3 weeks in a row
madden -> ac -> cod

futureshop and bestbuy had them

every week they launched new bundles there was a 50$ gc included, it was like 3 weeks in a row
madden -> ac -> cod
I wouldn't of been able to get them last week anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

The bundled in games are not my style either, so it's not that much of a loss, but I hope they initiate a permanent price drop soon. I do have some Vita games now that I'd like to play.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just checked the local 24/7 SDM near me in Toronto (125 Queensway, Etobicoke) and they'll only have two Basic Wii Us for sale tonight. No lineup, or anything yet. Thought someone hoping to grab one would like to know.

Hellish

Outside walmart for 20 mins now still no line and all the cars have frost so I assume there workers and no one waiting like me. Hopefully no one shows for a while so I can wait in the car longer. I was told there is 6 deluxe that are not pre ordered at this location.

Edit: Got 1,

There was 6 people total, 1 had a pre order, and they said they were only selling one to people who didnt pre order, luckily I was first, but the guy who was 2nd argued and was able to get one as well, not sure about there other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom