• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Was just kidding.

Seriously though it's weird that there have been so many of these deals in virtually every (populated) part of the continent apart from Greater Vancouver. Is there anything online (apart from Steam) that we'd have access to?

Amazon US doesn't check your billing address, so you can get in on all the download-deals easily by just putting in a fake adress...

apart from that... meh.

Takuya

Banned
Best Buy is failing hard right now. I preordered P4G online back in September. It's not shipping because it's out of stock. Argh.

Ld1rm.png

You know what's funny? My amazon shipment didn't even say preparing for shipment or anything... So I tried "reserving" a copy online on Best Buy... And it worked. It's waiting for me to pick up after work.

Yawnier

Banned
Anybody else here see the flyers for Black Friday at EB Games?

There are a couple of good deals including Batman Arkham City: GOTY Edition (360 and PS3) for $19.99.

Smiley90

There are a couple of good deals including Batman Arkham City: GOTY Edition (360 and PS3) for $19.99.

I remember last boxing day, EB had a couple good deals. e.g. Revelations for 19.99$ only a month after it had come out. It went out of stock online in like 10mins :lol. Good thing I was there right when the sale started :p

Yawnier

Banned
I remember last boxing day, EB had a couple good deals. e.g. Revelations for 19.99$ only a month after it had come out. It went out of stock online in like 10mins :lol. Good thing I was there right when the sale started :p

Ugh, I missed out on AC: Revelations for $20 last boxing day. I was even at a local EB Games that day and they had some copies of it on the racks too. I just didn't bother getting it because of a very long line that went outside of the store.

I somewhat regret not picking it up then, but it looks like it is also going to be on sale again for $15 this Black Friday there as well.

Sora_N

Ugh, I missed out on AC: Revelations for $20 last boxing day. I was even at a local EB Games that day and they had some copies of it on the racks too. I just didn't bother getting it because of a very long line that went outside of the store.

I somewhat regret not picking it up then, but it looks like it is also going to be on sale again for $15 this Black Friday there as well.

If you miss it again I saw ACR in a Shoppers Drug Mart cheapo bin last week, I think someone bought it though at my local store cuz I can't find it anymore lol.

Smiley90

It's funny cause I bought it for 20 bucks, had it for a whole year (even though I could've probably returned it like a month later for profit) and still got 15 bucks of trade-in credit out of it. so essentially, I bought a brand-new game for 5 bucks. Felt good. That I was able to order it online made it even better, with free delivery :p I'm hoping for something similar for other games this boxing day.

btkadams

i'm a total noob with the wii. i have a wii-u that should be here in the next day or two and i really want to play some classic nintendo games like pokemon snap.

does nintendo ever have sales or reduce prices on virtual console games?

Sajjaja

But that GOTY boxart man......It's so hard to buy it when you have to look at it everytime you want to play it...

Will probably pick it up just to play it again.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
One of my Zellers is closing. I went in as everything was 10% to 30% off. No wonder Zellers is broke. I'd really like 10% off Infamous 2 at $64.99. What a waste of time. They still have launch Wiis for fucks sake and PSP1000 pouches and straps from 2004 lol.

DJ_Lae

does nintendo ever have sales or reduce prices on virtual console games?

They've had a very small handful of sales on the 3DS E-Shop...maybe half a dozen games all told, one weekend at a time, and I don't think anything has ever been more than 33% off.

One of my Zellers is closing. I went in as everything was 10% to 30% off. No wonder Zellers is broke. I'd really like 10% off Infamous 2 at $64.99. What a waste of time. They still have launch Wiis for fucks sake and PSP1000 pouches and straps from 2004 lol.

Zellers was always a shitshow for videogames. I used to browse their selection at the Square One location well before they closed, always had old games at crazy high prices.

Yawnier

Banned
But that GOTY boxart man......It's so hard to buy it when you have to look at it everytime you want to play it...

Will probably pick it up just to play it again.

I agree, the boxart for the GOTY edition is absolutely hideous.

But at $20 on Black Friday, and seeing as I don't think it really has been on sale since it released in May for $50, it is a guarantee sale for myself. Assuming that EB Games will have stock for it, that is.

MGS: HD Collection and Kingdom Hearts 3D for $20 (even though I won't have a 3DS until probably Christmas) are both a few more deals that I am semi-interested in too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a liquidation sale. They're just moving stock around and consolidating old crappy merch before writing it all off for good.

Vamphuntr

Walmart has many of the same games as EB games on sale for Black Friday. I just got the flyer in the mail. Batman Arkham GOTY is 19$ there. Bunch of Vita games for 9$ and they also have Dead Island for 10$ like EB.

According the to the flyer all of the deals on the page are also available online too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
alright, i'll just buy the ones i want rather than wait for sales then. thanks!
You can also keep an eye on the Club Nintendo page to see if any of the games available each week interest you if you feel like spending CN coins instead of real money.

Future Shop flyer (starts Friday)

WoW Battlechest $4.99
WoW Cataclysm $9.99

$19.99:
Just Dance 3
RDR GOTY
Starcraft 2
GTA IV Complete
Max Payne 3
MGS HD Collection
Mortal Kombat
WoW Pandaria (may still be steelbooks available)
Kingdom Hearts 3DS

$29.99:
Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
NSMB2
Mario Tennis
Kid Icarus
Star Fox 3DS
Tekken Tag
Sleeping Dogs
LBP Karting
MW3
Batman Arkham GOTY
007 Legends
Ghost Recon FS

$39.99:
XCOM
MoH Warfighter
NBA 2K13
Borderlands 2
Forza Horizon
Diablo III

$49.99:
NHL 13
Madden 13
FIFA 13
NFS MW
Battlefield 3 Premium
AC3
RE6

Get a $20 GC with Halo 4 and another new release
4GB Kinect with Disneyland $199.99
160GB PS3 with Battle Royale $249.99
DS3 controller $39.99
PS3D TV $149.99
3DS XL $179.99
Get a 10% coupon on a 3DS game (download from Nintendo Zone onto 3DS)
Vita Blops bundle $199.99

Firestorm

If anyone wants a sealed Diablo III for $40 and not pay tax in Vancouver area lemme know. I pre-ordered it thinking I might want it and it shipped to me while I was in Europe. By the time I got back all my friends had quit...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So we were talking about eBay rules a while ago and I just learned about this:
It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale;
You've had more than 25 sales transactions; and
You've had more than $250 in total sales.

I can't believe they hold onto the money for 3 whole weeks until you can meet all of those criteria. No wonder people say eBay hates sellers. lol

I guess I'll drop on down to an EB and pick up DOA5 and DMC Collection.

I haven't touched Diablo 3 in months but I'm getting all kinds of dubious e-mails about my account. Decided to check it out and see it's been all sortsa jacked. Gotta send ID pictures and all kindsa shit to Blizzard for recovery. I don't even know if I wanna bother.

Firestorm

Ooh I just noticed MGS HD Collection for $20. That shall finally be mine.
So we were talking about eBay rules a while ago and I just learned about this:

I can't believe they hold onto the money for 3 whole weeks until you can meet all of those criteria. No wonder people say eBay hates sellers. lol
Yeah. It's a fairly new rule and it's ridiculous -_-

zroid

Banned
Rad, both my Persona 4 orders shipped. I hope at least one of them includes the supposed pre-order bonus Vita skins. I remember Best Buy was advertising them at some point, but they were removed a rather long time ago, so I have no confidence that I'll actually receive them.

Spike

My Zellers has your Zellers beat, man.

Mine is selling the official original Xbox 1 DVD remote and dongle for a clearance price of $40! I bought it in 2001 for $20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom