• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Strange, Canada Post didn't deliver it today

They had been solid with my Tsilon orders lately, I wonder what is up
I got my tsilon Wii U and NSMBU today as well as my other Wii U pre-order. I had to pick them up from CP because nobody was home during the day. I had to carry out both of those boxes at the same time and a bunch of people were looking at me funny. :lol

Plugged it in at 6:00 and after all the setting up, the firmware download/install and NSMBU update I'm finally starting to play it now.

iphys

I have a friend who works for Canada Post, he said it was crazy busy today and he didn't know why

In the past I usually never even got mail delivered on Mondays, because they didn't have time to get to my street. Maybe with taking the Monday off last week it meant more of last week's deliveries didn't get delivered by Friday and an extra big batch of stuff piled up for delivery today. I suppose all those Wii U systems they had to deliver didn't help either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God damn, FS packed the Wii U into two giant boxes - the box they packed them in could have fit two consoles. Carrying them home was such a pain in the ass.

CREMSteve

I'm looking to pick up a Wii (not a Wii U), I know there's a bunch of great deals happening on Black Friday in the US, anyone know of any similar Canadian deals? I'm in Calgary.

God damn this forum!! :p

I was completely sure that I had survived a console launch without picking up the latest toy. I'm getting some errands done tonight and decided that I'd pop into WalMart. I told myself that if they had a Deluxe Wii U there that I'd snag it (fully confident that they'd be sold out). Low and behold, there's a deluxe box in the display case. I had the clerk crack it open - convinced that it was just a display box.

Cut to the chase, I'm now on my way home with a new console as well as Mario Bros and Zombie U. Can't deny that I'm a little excited though!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Slightly off topic, but anyone from this thread that wants to add me on their Wii U, just search for EvilMario (via the MiiVerse, not the Friends List).

Also on topic, Mega Redemption Day is coming in a couple of weeks at SDM. If you have points, they'll likely have games and accessories in for the Wii U, if you can hold out that long. I wouldn't count on systems though.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of SDM (I'm always mixing this up with "SMD" lol), what are the best rewards cards available that has a quick redemption?

So far, I have a SCENE card and a Starbucks card. Both those cards are actually awesome considering the quick redemption. I work by a Starbucks, so getting my Gold card didn't take too long, and I watch movies in a Cineplex a few times a month.

I don't want to just sign up and have a dud card.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Slightly off topic, but anyone from this thread that wants to add me on their Wii U, just search for EvilMario (via the MiiVerse, not the Friends List).
Yay, I now have a Wii U friend. :)

NNid: CanadianFuzzy

EDIT: I updated my GAF profile page.

Proc

Add me to the fold gents: NNID: PaulvicThrust

I picked up BLOPS 2, Mario, Zombi U, and Nintendo Land. Assanin's Creed 3 is still in the shrink wrap but I think I'll bust it open since I Just want to play more things on my Wii U and it seems like one of the more competent ports.

The canadian deals guy in me picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for $49 at Bestbuy last night with a couple wii games. Couldn't resist when I saw the prices it typically goes for and I've heard such good things.

parasight

Holy fuck at Microsoft Store's Black Friday sale.

http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/blackfriday/Toronto-ON

UNDER $10

Regular price: $29.99-$49.99

Kinect Sesame Street TV
Kinect Nat Geo TV
Kinect Sports 2
Kinect Disneyland Adventures

UNDER $15

Regular price: $49.99-$59.99

Dance Central 3
Forza Horizon
Fable: The Journey

UNDER $25

Regular price: $39.99-$59.99

Just Dance 4
NBA 2K13
Borderlands 2
Madden NFL 13
Dishonored
Resident Evil 6
Assassin's Creed 3
Need for Speed: Most Wanted Limited Edition
Medal of Honor Warfighter
FIFA Soccer 13

Holy shit, some of those games are pretty hot at those prices

Fifa or NBA maybe......I haven't played a soccer or basketball game in a looooong time

I've already added a bunch of people from the Miiverse thread, however I'm missing some Canada peeps! I added everyone from this page.

NNID: TheMainEvent

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Looks like in-store.........and you'd have to go to Yorkdale on what may be one of the busiest day of the year....

It looks like all stores, not just Toronto... are there multiple MS-stores there? There's 2 in Vancouver.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh my god RedFlagDouchebags. Posters bragging about how they bought 3 and 4 Wii U's to sell. What a horrible fucking site.
I dunno man:

Newsflash for you - not everyone is a parasite scalper who wants to fleece a bunch of Moms and Dads who just want to make their kids happy at XMAS time even if it means going in the hole.
You wouldn't get that since you apparently haven't joined the human race yet...

That's pretty awesome. lol

DJ_Lae

I think there's one at West Edmonton Mall. It's only a ten minute drive from here but holy shit I hate that mall this time of year.

Looks like the sale starts on Thursday, too, unless my dates are wrong.

My daughter would love the Sesame Street Kinect game (though I'm not expecting anything as cool as Once Upon a Monster) and I wouldn't mind picking up some of the other stuff cheap.

edit - bah

Socreges

Banned
Fable Horizon for 15? Borderlands 2 and AC3 for 25? shiiiiiiiiit. Now if only Black Friday at Metrotown wasn't such a clusterfuck. The only other MS store is at oakridge mhmmm
Those deals are only for the Toronto location

Shitty. Would've definitely snagged FIFA and Forza

parasight

It'll be busy everyday at this time of year, and a lot of Canadians believe that black friday is a holiday here too =/

I guess I'm moreso trusting the fact that people will (should) be at work this Thursday morning. But I usually avoid Yorkdale this time of year so I really don't know.

WEGGLES

Ordered something to the wrong address. It's my proper Prov. Postal Code, Street/House Number, but wrong city. Odds of it showing up?

Ah crap, not online eh. Yeah, the mall will be jam packed, especially Yorkdale

At least there is more parking now.......for boxing day a few years ago my friend and I had to park at Dufferin and Lawrence and walk :|

Other years I've gone on boxing day I just parked at Wilson and took the subway one stop lol

zeitgeist

I wonder why the sale starts Thursday at the Microsoft store.
I think I might try to brave the crowd to get Dishonored, BL2 and maybe RE6.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ordered something to the wrong address. It's my proper Prov. Postal Code, Street/House Number, but wrong city. Odds of it showing up?
Depends if someone catches it. I've had mail get delayed when they put on the wrong postal code... still reached me eventually.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seattle isn't too far. Let me know if you make the drive and I'll give you a wish list.

I don't even have a car :lol Why would I do that... naw. Oh well. My backlog is big enough as is, and there'll be a steam sale too.

Yeah, I went by Yorkdale during a Boxing Day (around 4pm). It was still pretty nuts at that point including EB having a line for whatever reason...

Because the masses believe every store has an amazing sale and don't bother actually looking at a flyer *shrug*

I just check RFD and buy stuff online anyway

Socreges

Banned
I don't even have a car :lol Why would I do that... naw. Oh well. My backlog is big enough as is, and there'll be a steam sale too.
Was just kidding.

Seriously though it's weird that there have been so many of these deals in virtually every (populated) part of the continent apart from Greater Vancouver. Is there anything online (apart from Steam) that we'd have access to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom