• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
Just have a quick question:

Toys R Us has the 3DS XL on sale for $170 ($30 off regular price) for their Black Friday sale.

I just wonder if this would be a good time and place to buy one or if it would be better to wait a few more weeks to see if Nintendo will possibly release some sort of bundle for Christmas.

Hilti92

For anyone doing the NSMBU's Old Navy promotion this Saturday, I noticed in the fine print of the commericial that it says 46-96 or so games per store. That's pretty dang good.

Some more fine print from the website.

I like how they're handling the wrist bands, so you can take your time.
I work there and my store is giving 60 copies away. You need to spend 40 bucks on clothing to get the game however.

Socreges

Banned

Toys R Us has the 3DS XL on sale for $170 ($30 off regular price) for their Black Friday sale.

I just wonder if this would be a good time and place to buy one or if it would be better to wait a few more weeks to see if Nintendo will possibly release some sort of bundle for Christmas.
I don't think Nintendo would lower the price any more than that before Christmas. Not at this point. You might get a better deal at Boxing Day, though...?

I don't think Nintendo would lower the price any more than that before Christmas. Not at this point. You might get a better deal at Boxing Day, though...?

3DS last year was on sale during black friday for $139 or $169 with a mario game and it ended up being the same thing for boxing day. I'd say boxing has really fallen off the last few years.

Jo-El

Future Shop is going to have them for $180 + a $30 gift card.

iphys

It will also be $170 at Shoppers Drug Mart Sat/Sun. I think if there were going to be a holiday bundle, Nintendo would have announced it in time for Black Friday. All I've heard of is regular 3DS bundles, so it doesn't look like anything is happening on the XL front.

Yawnier

Banned
3DS XL. You would have to use the gift card on something else.

Alright, I guess that is where I am going to get my 3DS XL then. I am just going to make sure to pick up a game or two to use the gift card on, probably 3D Land and something else.

Thanks

Jo-El

Alright, I guess that is where I am going to get my 3DS XL then. I am just going to make sure to pick up a game or two to use the gift card on, probably 3D Land and something else.

Thanks

3D Land, Mario Kart 7, NSMB 2, Mario Tennis, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox are going to be $30 each also.

No_Style

Here's my annual round up of the significant Black Friday gaming deals.

If someone here wants to copy, paste & format it all into this thread, feel free. I'll be updating it throughout the week. I will also be updating via GameDealsCanada's Twitter/Facebook/Google+ feeds.

I have to buy work pants, maybe I'll attempt to go to Yorkdale tomorrow so I can check out the MS store.....but odds are I just go to the Promenade instead

I wish I didn't start work at 7:30AM on Saturday, I'd go to Old Navy and get Mario, oh well

I thought they'd have maybe 10 per store, not 50ish+

Are you going? Could I paypal you cash to get nba 2k13 and horizon for me? I live in Vancouver and there are no insane deals over here.
Late to this, but sorry.

And, even if I wanted: 3 titles per customer. I looked like a fool holding 14 games for 4 other jackasses who wanted me to get stuff for them.

parasight

Reporting back from Yorkdale. Empty. Barely anyone there right now. And tons and tons of stock both on shelves and in the back. Limit 3 per customer so bring a friend (or disguise) if you want more.

Got DC3, AC3 and Fifa.

Safe shopping Toronto-GAF!

Reporting back from Yorkdale. Empty. Barely anyone there right now. And tons and tons of stock both on shelves and in the back. Limit 3 per customer so bring a friend (or disguise) if you want more.

Got DC3, AC3 and Fifa.

LOL. I'm at the starbucks contemplating when I should head back in with a disguise :p

Damn. How crazy was it? I guess I shouldn't even consider going there after work.
Some titles seems to be well stocked (and barely touched, like DC3), while others were moving a bit faster (Forza).

I got myself Forza, Kinect Sports, DC3

Jayhawk

Some cashiers didn't know about the 3 title per customer limit. I just came back from Yorkdale with a couple of coworkers. One of them came away with 5 games. I snagged four games.

Got DC3, AC3 and Fifa.

Man. It's tough being at work right now. :/

zeitgeist

Yeah I saw a few people get denied for trying to get 10+ games but some people seemed to get away with having 4 or 5.

The place wasn't too packed which was surprising. I'm hoping for the same thing at Old Navy on Mario day.

zroid

Banned
jbn1A96KIuB2BR.png

That's a new one

Yeah I saw a few people get denied for trying to get 10+ games but some people seemed to get away with having 4 or 5.

The place wasn't too packed which was surprising. I'm hoping for the same thing at Old Navy on Mario day.

Trying to get my friend to go. He has the day off and he's being all lazy about it! I want him to get me a copy of Forza Horizon! Also curious about price matching with Futureshop.

DJ_Lae

That is a new one.

Favourite delivery status I've had was a delay due to extreme weather, on a perfectly sunny day.

It also arrived that day, so I assume someone screwed up the 'out for delivery' code.

UberTag

That is a new one.

Favourite delivery status I've had was a delay due to extreme weather, on a perfectly sunny day.

It also arrived that day, so I assume someone screwed up the 'out for delivery' code.
I regret not stockpiling some of my favorite delivery status lookups from when I worked at Xbox.

We had consoles not arrive due to plane mechanical failure.
We had consoles delivered with the location "IN POOL" or "BEHIND BBQ".
I've seen consoles misrouted for 2 weeks across the country only to finally arrive in the delivery city and disappear from the UPS truck.

Good times!

Jayhawk

If they're using the 647 phone number for the Microsoft store listed at the Yorkdale website, that number oddly leads you to some Microsoft phone line in the US. My coworker called that number yesterday to verify details of the sale, and he had to wait a few minutes just to get redirected to the Canadian store. If workers at BB/FS are calling that number for price matching, they're probably going to end up talking to an American store representative and confusion would ensue.

Ordered the following from EB. Now I don't have to go rummage through the store.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Dishonored
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Devil May Cry HD Collection

Might pick up a few games tomorrow from Walmart but other than that I got everything I wanted.

My friend just went to Yorkdale and picked me up a Forza Horizon. Said there were like 45 copies on the shelf and the store was dead. That's crazy considering RFD knows about the deal.

My friend just went to Yorkdale and picked me up a Forza Horizon. Said there were like 45 copies on the shelf and the store was dead. That's crazy considering RFD knows about the deal.
Not everyone is in Toronto, and the 3 per limit will force people to get something more expensive/rare/in demand. Like NBA 2K13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom