• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend is looking for an Xbox 360. He has a PS3 and wants a 360 because he wants to borrow my games and play them, I'm to blame because he was buying few PS3 games yesterday and I mentioned how I have those games ans he could borrow them if he had a 360.

What is the best deal in the market for a 360 now? Not sure if he should go for thr 4GB or the 250GB console.

Kazerei

Banned
The 4GB console has been on sale for $129.99 a few times, so I'd wait for that again (or better). If he's just playing your games on disc, 4GB will be fine. He can always add storage via USB, anyways.

thought I'd share how horrible Zellers clerance sale was with this gem at my lcoal Zellers right before close

lJFaE.jpg

Sora_N

Future Shop flyer (starts Friday)

WoW Battlechest $4.99
WoW Cataclysm $9.99

$19.99:
Just Dance 3
RDR GOTY
Starcraft 2
GTA IV Complete
Max Payne 3
MGS HD Collection
Mortal Kombat
WoW Pandaria (may still be steelbooks available)
Kingdom Hearts 3DS

$29.99:
Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
NSMB2
Mario Tennis
Kid Icarus
Star Fox 3DS
Tekken Tag
Sleeping Dogs
LBP Karting
MW3
Batman Arkham GOTY
007 Legends
Ghost Recon FS

$39.99:
XCOM
MoH Warfighter
NBA 2K13
Borderlands 2
Forza Horizon
Diablo III

$49.99:
NHL 13
Madden 13
FIFA 13
NFS MW
Battlefield 3 Premium
AC3
RE6

Get a $20 GC with Halo 4 and another new release
4GB Kinect with Disneyland $199.99
160GB PS3 with Battle Royale $249.99
DS3 controller $39.99
PS3D TV $149.99
3DS XL $179.99
Get a 10% coupon on a 3DS game (download from Nintendo Zone onto 3DS)
Vita Blops bundle $199.99

Good, nothing I need. :)

EDIT: Maybe Mortal Kombat...

Also EB's Lego Batman and Batman 10/10 deals look so tempting..

man I should have waited to buy the graphics card, I have a feeling there will be a few sick deals when black friday rolls around. I still haven't picked it up though, maybe I can put it on hold?

pestul

For anyone doing the NSMBU's Old Navy promotion this Saturday, I noticed in the fine print of the commericial that it says 46-96 or so games per store. That's pretty dang good.

Some more fine print from the website.
Prior to Old Navy store opening on Saturday, November 24, in Canada, customers will form a line outside the store and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one New Super Mario Bros. U video game with a qualifying purchase of $40 or more, and must be surrendered after purchase.

I like how they're handling the wrist bands, so you can take your time.

Sora_N

What are EB's deals?

From CAG:

Average Box said:
Here is EB Games Black Friday Super Sale Flyer (Nov. 22 to Nov. 26):

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/flyer/black-friday-2012/#.UKvwbIf7LX5

Deals:

COD: Black Ops Declassified PS Vita Bundle - $199.99
500GB PS3 Bundles (Comes with 1 year Playstation Plus Subscription) - $299.99
Playstation Move Essentials (Comes with Sports Champions 2) - $39.99
4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Holiday Bundle (Comes with Kinect Disneyland Adventures + Kinect Adventures) - $199.99
PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller - $39.99
Leapster GS Explorer - $69.99 - NOV 23 ONLY!
Innotab Learning Tablet - $69.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Mouse - $59.99
Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Headset - $89.99
Nyko Playpad Pro Tablet Controller - $39.99
Save 10% On all Beats by Dr Dre Headsets
Save 10% On Recycled Games
Save $10 on the purchase of a $50 iTunes Card
Save 50% On all new Ubisoft Games Priced $29.99 or Less

$59.99 Games:

Black Ops 2 - [360/PS3]
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 w/ Gun - [360/PS3/WII]

$49.99 Games:

Assassin's Creed 3 [PS3/360] - (Comes with a graphic novel + DLC)
Skylander Giants Starter Kit - [360/PS3/WII/3DS]
NBA 2K13 - [360/PS3]

$44.99 Games:

NHL 13 - [360/PS3]
Fifa Soccer 13 - [360/PS3]
Madden NFL 13 - [360/PS3]

$39.99 Games:

Borderlands 2 - [360/PS3]
Skyrim - [360/PS3/PC]
Nascar The Game: Inside Line - [360/PS3]
Dishonored [360/PS3/PC]
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - [360/PS3/PC]
Diablo 3 - [PC]
Persona 4 Arena - [360/PS3]
Forza Horizon - [360] - NOV 25-29 ONLY
Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure - [360] - NOV 23-28 ONLY

$29.99 Games:

Dead or Alive 5 - [360/PS3]
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - [360/PS3]
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition - [360/PS3]
Sleeping Dogs - [360/PS3]
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - [WII/3DS]
Doom 3 BFG Edition - [360/PS3]
DragonBall Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - [360/PS3]
Zumba Fitness 2 - [WII]
Little Big Planet Karting - [PS3]
Star Wars Kinect - [360]
Zumba Fitness Rush - [360]

$19.99 Games:

Silent Hill Downpour - [360/PS3]
Devil May Cry HD Collection - [360/PS3]
Max Payne 3 - [360/PS3]
Dirt Showdown - [360/PS3]
Game of Thrones - [360/PS3] - NOV 23 and NOV 24 ONLY!
Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition - [360/PS3]
Lollipop Chainsaw - [360/PS3]
Lego Batman 2 - [360/PS3/3DS/DS/PC/WII/VITA]
Kingdom Hearts: 3D Dream Drop Distance - [3DS]
Angry Birds Trilogy - [360/PS3/3DS]
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater - [3DS]
Sonic Generation - [360/PS3/3DS]
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations - [360/PS3]
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - [360/PS3]
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - [PC]
Kinect Sesame Street TV - [360]
Kinect Nat Geo TV - [360]

$14.99 Games:

Dark Souls - [360/PS3]

$9.99 Games:

Dead Island - [360/PS3]

Gadirok

Haha dang, missed that somehow. I'm gonna try to PM at BB and use my rewardzones to get it for $15 off. Works out for me.

I got $15 left on reward zone points as well. But I can't decide if I want to spend them towards P4:golden or MGS HD collection.

Either or, I won't be playing either of them anytime soon because of my backlog.

The other option was getting a 32gb vita card.

Sora_N

I got $15 left on reward zone points as well. But I can't decide if I want to spend them towards P4:golden or MGS HD collection.

Either or, I won't be playing either of them anytime soon because of my backlog.

The other option was getting a 32gb vita card.

Yeah my backlog grew last since I bought Ratchet Collection and All Stars...ugh. I wanted to buy TTT2 for a while so I'm just gonna cave, and put Batman AC and Lego Batman purchases on hold. I think in a few months both Batman games will be $19.99s.

Yeah my backlog grew last since I bought Ratchet Collection and All Stars...ugh. I wanted to buy TTT2 for a while so I'm just gonna cave, and put Batman AC and Lego Batman purchases on hold. I think in a few months both Batman games will be $19.99s.

You wont regret buying TTT2.

Gadirok

These deals are...decent.

My friend has been messaging me crazy over sleeping dogs @ $29.99 EB games, and arkham city goty for $19.99. He really wanted those and they are some big heavy hitters.

As for me, I already played arkham city. It was the reason why I got the PS3 and it came with it back when Arkham city launched. I traded that in during sleeping dog's launch along with LBP to get sleeping dogs.

Arkham city is worth only one playthrough IMO. The city is the most creepiest ghost town after you beat the game. I get that you have to do newgame+ but besides the enhanced difficulty I couldnt get myself to finish collecting the rest of the riddler trophies.

I also felt extremely screwed over by the preorder dlc, as they had costume packs at every damn retailer and bestbuy had robin. The joker map was so fliping terrible. Then the batman beyond skins were only available in NOS cans.

Being my first console game with that amount of preorder crap attached to it from every retailer and making it mission improbable to get every piece of dlc, I snapped and began to hate it.

Good game, but screw them for the greediness half assed dlc. Nightwing didn't even talk.

I guess I was just really irritated that a single player game could be bogged down with such unneccessary dlc. I mean Festival of blood or Undead Nightmare is good dlc, but having characters and costumes added in that add nothing to the singleplayer game and its gameplay is stupid.

I had a big grin on my face when I finally got rid of it for sleeping dogs. Granted, I never really played sleeping dogs that much, and it has quite a few costume dlc and cheap tricks too, atleast it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything fundamental.

I felt bad for trading in my brother's LBP2 so I rebought the special edition for him the following week.

I'm probably going to save the $15 reward zone points for later. I just better use them before january when they expire.

Sora_N

These deals are...decent.

My friend has been messaging me crazy over sleeping dogs @ $29.99 EB games, and arkham city goty for $19.99. He really wanted those and they are some big heavy hitters.

As for me, I already played arkham city. It was the reason why I got the PS3 and it came with it back when Arkham city launched. I traded that in during sleeping dog's launch along with LBP to get sleeping dogs.

Arkham city is worth only one playthrough IMO. The city is the most creepiest ghost town after you beat the game. I get that you have to do newgame+ but besides the enhanced difficulty I couldnt get myself to finish collecting the rest of the riddler trophies.

I also felt extremely screwed over by the preorder dlc, as they had costume packs at every damn retailer and bestbuy had robin. The joker map was so fliping terrible. Then the batman beyond skins were only available in NOS cans.

Being my first console game with that amount of preorder crap attached to it from every retailer and making it mission improbable to get every piece of dlc, I snapped and began to hate it.

Good game, but screw them for the greediness half assed dlc. Nightwing didn't even talk.

I guess I was just really irritated that a single player game could be bogged down with such unneccessary dlc. I mean Festival of blood or Undead Nightmare is good dlc, but having characters and costumes added in that add nothing to the singleplayer game and its gameplay is stupid.

I had a big grin on my face when I finally got rid of it for sleeping dogs. Granted, I never really played sleeping dogs that much, and it has quite a few costume dlc and cheap tricks too, atleast it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything fundamental.

I felt bad for trading in my brother's LBP2 so I rebought the special edition for him the following week.

I'm probably going to save the $15 reward zone points for later. I just better use them before january when they expire.

AA was also creepy after I finished the game lol.

I'm waiting for SD to reach $20, I'm playing a borrowed copy from my friend atm.

I'm only really using the RZ points because I spent quite a bit on games this week already, don't really want to pull more funds from my pocket but I want TTT2. Don't really have much else I want this year but these deals are tempting in general.

btkadams

i'm looking for cheap wii controllers (wii remote plus, wii classic controller pro, and nunchuks). does anyone know a good place to look? are there good game/controller combos? i'm new to wii and have no idea.

Socreges

Banned
Do you guys know anything about Western Union? There's a website selling a flash cart and my two options are Paypal (always seems like too much work) and Western Union. Any drawbacks in signing up with WU and paying that way?

And I'll take this opportunity to say that this community is amazing. You guys are extremely helpful, not assholes (ie, we don't suffer from the same problems as RFD), and have saved me a great deal of money/heartache. Cheers

krae_man

I think with Western Union, you're screwed if they don't send you the product. You have no recourse to get your money back if something goes wrong. You'd be at the total mercy of the honesty of the seller.

iphys

Do you guys know anything about Western Union? There's a website selling a flash cart and my two options are Paypal (always seems like too much work) and Western Union. Any drawbacks in signing up with WU and paying that way?

And I'll take this opportunity to say that this community is amazing. You guys are extremely helpful, not assholes (ie, we don't suffer from the same problems as RFD), and have saved me a great deal of money/heartache. Cheers

Scams always seem to involve Western Union, and I always hated doing money orders back in the days before Paypal. Paypal is safer and so convenient.

therapist

Can't stack them. :(

In the flyer it lists all the web codes and Wii U is excluded.

Ah lame.

Whyyy its the same game.
Bah.

Thanks for the info though.

Also to firehawk12 , nope , not hitman.

But i did order like 8 games with those codes , the last 2 being mario and zombiu , and i got every single one of them , i know this probably doesnt help you exactly but though i'd chime in anyways.

daevv

Anyone see any decent headset/mics on sale this weekend? All I see is games and systems which I have enough of. Wife wants to get me one for Christmas.

Firestorm

I really dislike PayPal but I'd definitely just sign up for an account. It'll be more useful in the long run and I have heard so many warnings about transferring money over Western Union it's probably not worth it. PayPal isn't too much of a hassle to set up. Then again, I set it up 7 years ago or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom