• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Best Buy is failing hard right now. I preordered P4G online back in September. It's not shipping because it's out of stock. Argh.

Ld1rm.png

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
P4 will ship when all order items are available? Why's it out of stock? :(

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I found out that FutureShops were only getting 3-4 copies.

bryehn

Added a bunch of folks on Nintendo Network from the last page or so. My NNID is Median.

mine is gamefwd, since I need to have my account tied to my "work" machine. will add some of you in the next couple days.

aside: Anyone know how to read the little baloons on the mario world map? i set it up to pull miiverse stuff, but can't seem to actually view it.

frequency

P4 will ship when all order items are available? Why's it out of stock? :(

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I found out that FutureShops were only getting 3-4 copies.

I kind of regret canceling my Solid Gold edition preorder (that I got for $10 off) now. I ordered at Best Buy because it was $15 off and the gap after taxes between the 2 was almost $40.

But being "Out of Stock" sucks when every other place in Canada has it (including FutureShop.ca).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
mine is gamefwd, since I need to have my account tied to my "work" machine. will add some of you in the next couple days.

aside: Anyone know how to read the little baloons on the mario world map? i set it up to pull miiverse stuff, but can't seem to actually view it.

You have to scan the Map (I forget the button, A?) to see them. You should always see them on your Game Pad while playing with Wiimotes.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy is failing hard right now. I preordered P4G online back in September. It's not shipping because it's out of stock. Argh.

Ld1rm.png

I think that's just what it usually says when the release date has come and they haven't received the shipment to their warehouse yet.

It said before they were scheduled to receive them *today* so it should change to in stock soon... probably.

Kazerei

Banned
I think that's just what it usually says when the release date has come and they haven't received the shipment to their warehouse yet.

It said before they were scheduled to receive them *today* so it should change to in stock soon... probably.

Yeah, I think you're right. Fuck it, I'm going to GameStop.

Was the pay worth it?

I just like the excitement of lining up on boxing day, although I would never actually take a job on the day for one.

I worked at the store for a few years, you don't really have a choice when it comes to Boxing Day. It's all hands on deck, mandatory for everyone.

Pay wasn't worth it. Minimum wage on Boxing Day is the same as minimum wage on a regular day, only difference being you work that 12 hour shift with only one break.

Let this be a lesson to any young'ins here: Stay out of retail!!

bryehn

I worked at the store for a few years, you don't really have a choice when it comes to Boxing Day. It's all hands on deck, mandatory for everyone.

Pay wasn't worth it. Minimum wage on Boxing Day is the same as minimum wage on a regular day, only difference being you work that 12 hour shift with only one break.

Any time I worked Boxing Day in customer service I got stat holiday (basically 2.5x) pay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah, Atlus games are always a day late here. Hopefully they'll have stock tomorrow, since I want to get it before the weekend.

You didn't get time and a half for hours worked that day + an average shift?

You may have gotten screwed

DJ_Lae

Future Shop shipped out my Persona 4. I don't remember ordering from them (and their order page makes it really hard to check individual orders as I couldn't remember what deal I had gotten) but thankfully they were quick and Amazon was slow so I just canceled the Amazon order.

God knows when it would have gotten here. The Future Shop one will probably arrive tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Hmmmmm... WipEout 2048 and Hot Shots Golf for Vita are $9 at Wal-Mart this weekend. Not bad.

And Uncharted is $29. Still too high for me.

huggles

Neo Member

Ld1rm.png

Strangely I received a shipping notice yesterday for the game from both Best Buy and Futureshop (forgot I had it preordered at both places). They're really good at being inconsistent I guess.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Boxing Day was awesome working at future Shop... you could make $500-1000+ in a single day, no kidding. I don't know if seasonal staff get that same amount, though.

Anth0ny

Boxing Day was awesome working at future Shop... you could make $500-1000+ in a single day, no kidding. I don't know if seasonal staff get that same amount, though.

I got double time and a half working Boxing Day at Best Buy. I was seasonal.

That day was fucking torture, but I made a pretty penny for a 16 year old.

krae_man

Technically, you're only getting 1.5x pay for working it. You'd get the stat portion regardless.

You get time and a half and the total number of hours you worked in the previous 4 weeks/20 for holiday pay. So if you were full time you basically get 2.5x.

B-Dex

I didn't get a all yesteday about PS Allstars PO. I hope they have it today or I'm gonna be sad.
NVM they left voicemail that my phone didn't bother telling me I had.

iphys

Lol, Canada Post employees must be mental zombies. I remember one time I had a package go Mississauga -> Calgary -> Mississauga -> Calgary before they finally sent it out for delivery in Calgary, but at least it never made a trip to Halifax during that adventure. It was x-mas gifts for my nieces that I ordered a month before x-mas, which only arrived like the 2nd last business day before x-mas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom