• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

My Persona 4 came yesterday too.

Also, that screen cover thing is uglier in person than it was in any of the pictures, and it looked hideous in pictures.

Going to head over to city center mall in a bit and pick up some stuff at EB (Arkham City, DMC trilogy, maybe Dark Souls).

My Persona 4 came yesterday too.

Also, that screen cover thing is uglier in person than it was in any of the pictures, and it looked hideous in pictures.

Going to head over to city center mall in a bit and pick up some stuff at EB (Arkham City, DMC trilogy, maybe Dark Souls).
City centre? thats where the eb dude I talked to told me to go to for lego Batman 2. Can you check if they have any copies while youre there please?

btkadams

did anyone get the preorder bonus from futureshop for ps allstars??? they usually email preorder bonuses the day of release, if not earlier...

Picked up Forza Horizon at EBGames for the chump price of $39.99 this morning - no Microsoft stores in Calgary sadly.

Also grabbed ACIII for Wii-U for $10 off as I'm itching to play this and the Wii-U version is my choice due to the off-TV play. I can't emphasize how fantastic a feature this is. I may even grab BLOPS 2 for Wii-U when it drops a bit. I know the online community is a pittance compared to PS3 and 360, but that isn't exactly a bad thing for me. The online community for Wii-U is much more friendly anyhow.

Picked up Forza Horizon at EBGames for the chump price of $39.99 this morning - no Microsoft stores in Calgary sadly.

Also grabbed ACIII for Wii-U for $10 off as I'm itching to play this and the Wii-U version is my choice due to the off-TV play. I can't emphasize how fantastic a feature this is. I may even grab BLOPS 2 for Wii-U when it drops a bit. I know the online community is a pittance compared to PS3 and 360, but that isn't exactly a bad thing for me. The online community for Wii-U is much more friendly anyhow.

ACIII Wii-U is $50 too? It's $60 on the website.

ACIII Wii-U is $50 too? It's $60 on the website.

Yeah - I may have lucked into that one. I called my EB yesterday to check and got a confirmation that it was part of the deal. Luckily, when I arrived there this morning, it was the same clerk helping me. I think he was doing some price over-riding but I can't be sure. It's worth a try if you're looking for that version.

Gadirok

What's the PS+ deal?

PS+ for vita launched on tuesday.

They are giving out Gravity Rush, Uncharted : Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio, WipEout 2048, FF:Tactics, And Tales from space: Mutant blobs attack.

They are also giving out Music Unlimited memberships (1 year) for $12 which is mindblowingly as good as the above.

There's no actual deal on getting a PS+ membership, but if you manage to spend $60 from now until November 26th, they will give you $10 back later. So spend $50 on a plus membership and another $10 on something else and you get another voucher worth $10 towards your wallet.

Gadirok

And those are just the Vita games. There are always 10 free games for PS3 with new ones rotating in and out of the 10 all the time and your Plus membership is for both.

Yeah, Plus practically paid for itself and gave me money.

Personally, it was worth it as soon as I got Ratchet and Clank: All 4-1 on it back in july. That game was alright, and I played it for a few weeks. I don't care what everyone says about it.

I haven't played 70% of the games they gave out though, they are all good but I just dont have the time. You could essentially stop paying for retail games and just survive on PS+.

Its been $20 for awhile across the GTA.

VGP had it for that price for awhile. Used it as a trade in for All-Stars a while back.

Yeah I haven't really been paying attention lately so it's the first time it's hit $20 that I've noticed.

Anyways I hope the Assassins Creed vita bundle goes on sale again kind of want to trade mine in and get a white one.

Silent Hill Downpour is $14.99 at Zellers.

Zellers has BOG1/2 on all games $29.99 and under (starts tomorrow I believe).

However, you have to go to Zellers.

Noticed a new game store today at Dundas West/Manning, basically between Bathurst and Trinity Bellwoods. They're called "Hero Video Games" I think.

Didn't go in but it looks pretty much like every other thrown together mom & pop games store.

They are giving out Gravity Rush, Uncharted : Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio, WipEout 2048, FF:Tactics, And Tales from space: Mutant blobs attack.

They are also giving out Music Unlimited memberships (1 year) for $12 which is mindblowingly as good as the above.

There's no actual deal on getting a PS+ membership, but if you manage to spend $60 from now until November 26th, they will give you $10 back later. So spend $50 on a plus membership and another $10 on something else and you get another voucher worth $10 towards your wallet.

damn this sounds so fucking good! I want a vita right now!

Sora_N

Tempted to do this but I don't want PS+ right now. Is that only for Vita (the $10 free)?

TheExodu5

Banned
Just called the LCBO. Apparently they will be receiving the Westvleteren 12 gift packs, however they are still testing the beer at their labs and will be getting it later than expected. A release prior to Christmas is still hopeful.

iphys

Nice, just had a $70 package sneak through customs from ThinkGeek: they folded the customs label in half with the declared value not visible, and I guess customs couldn't be bothered to open it to check, lol. It was a fairly big box too. The weird thing was they said international economy shipping uses the postal system, but then they sent me a UPS tracking number that never actually went live, and then my package arrived from Canada Post with a UPS shipping label, and the USPS customs label folded up inside a DHL Express window -- no idea what those monkeys at ThinkGeek are doing.

Spike

If you are a regular customer at FutureShop, there is a good chance that you will get the price match.

I am a regular at my FS, and they matched Forza for me. I got it for $10.49+tax. Goes good with my $12 Halo 4.

djblue89

I got a Wii U deluxe and now I am not sure if I want to open it and keep it. Will Bestbuy return it if I open it? I know I can't open the game so is there any demos available to download ? Do I have to repack everything like it was brand new or it doesent really matter?

isny

napkin dispenser
I got a Wii U deluxe and now I am not sure if I want to open it and keep it. Will Bestbuy return it if I open it? I know I can't open the game so is there any demos available to download ? Do I have to repack everything like it was brand new or it doesent really matter?

Someone here will buy it surely...

djblue89

If I can find someone who is willing to pay cost (402.40$) with tax and shipping, I will gladly ship it to them. I just wanted to try the console out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom