• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

Any deals on black Wii nunchuks? Need to stock up to match the black Wii U and black Wiimote Plus' I got.

Thanks

I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart at a 20x event and at a super redemption, because it's hard to ever find much of a deal on them if you want official ones.

Astra

does anyone know if I can open my Wii U and return it without any problems?

Where did you buy it?

Edit: Ah, Best Buy. Couldn't tell you, you'd have to try it out. I know EBgames definitely wouldn't do it. Best Buy does not allow returns on opened video games, but they may or may not include consoles in that policy as well.

Edit 2: A quick google search seems to show you SHOULD be able to return it, as long as you're within the 30 day exchange period, which you obviously are. Give it a try.

DJ_Lae

Was just at Staples and they had some amusing glitched prices - PS Allstars is apparently 93% off right now:

ihNiLUF3F0ciI.jpg

Almost every game was like that.

I bit on the $20 Kingdom Hearts 3D at EB Games... now gimme a price drop on Theatrhythm!

Toronto GAF: Also popped into Game Centre @ Yonge & Charles today. They seem to be focusing on used game sales for Black Friday - buy one used title, get another 50% off.

Rickard

Guys, I've been using this tv for the last decade.

I'm thinking of replacing it with something a little more modern.

Just how obsolete is this thing?

Sera O

Banned
That amazon.com upcoming vita deal on AC Liberation bundle + battle royale code + 3 months of Playstation plus is so good it's messing with me D:

I've been wanting to pick one up for a friend as a gift, but the only deal even close to that one for Canadians is the COD one that's popped up at EB and elsewhere. Neither of us are interested in COD, and I can't ignore the appeal of white vita, and insta game bundle for 3 months via Plus. And PSASBR. Are there other Canadian online deals on Vita that I haven't spotted?

Also, does COD bundle also come with some free PS plus? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but if it does that makes it somewhat more attractive.

For anyone who's ordered from the US recently, any idea what kind of customs charge I could be looking at for a $179 USD purchase? If of course they ship to Canada, which is a big if. Looks like they ship the vanilla AC3 bundle to Canada though, so I may try my luck.

does anyone know if I can open my Wii U and return it without any problems?

Where did you buy it?

Edit: Ah, Best Buy. Couldn't tell you, you'd have to try it out. I know EBgames definitely wouldn't do it. Best Buy does not allow returns on opened video games, but they may or may not include consoles in that policy as well.

Edit 2: A quick google search seems to show you SHOULD be able to return it, as long as you're within the 30 day exchange period, which you obviously are. Give it a try.

I remember seeing a couple trying to return (an open box) PSP a while ago. There was nothing they could do. Customer service simply refused to take it back. Anything related to videogames is always pretty strick.

Feeroper

I picked up Saints Row The Third: The Full Package and Little Big Planet Karting each for $29.99 at EB. Never got SR3 last year but was curious, and despite the poor reception LBPK was getting, I decided to bite. Leading up to its release I wanted to get it so it was disappointing to hear it wasnt as good as hoped for. Havent popped it in yet, but I was happy with that price.

Some great deals at EB right now.

RS4-

I don't know if I really want to get HSG again. I think I'll just spend the money on Persona. Not going to bother with anything else.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well they're for the Canada App store, and usually this thread has all the Canada iOS giveaways.

I'm just continuing the tradition.

Oh really? Admittedly, I've been following the iOS thread way more closely/longer than this one, so I wouldn't know about this one, but the iOS thread has plenty canada-giveaways. But they're your codes, feel free to share them wherever you'd like ;)

I might pick up a PS Vita and try it out. What is the best place to get a PSN Plus membership right now?

Even a one month plus would be fine since I would want to try the Vita at the moment.

Has anyone ordered from Amazon.com recently? I was wondering if the import fee deposit they charge you is usually accurate (do you get any of it back)?

bryehn

Just called the LCBO. Apparently they will be receiving the Westvleteren 12 gift packs, however they are still testing the beer at their labs and will be getting it later than expected. A release prior to Christmas is still hopeful.

I doubt it frankly. Do you have the code for the pack by chance?

krae_man

You almost always get most/all of it back.

That is hit or miss with me. In my experience, what they take is pretty acurate. When I have got some back it's only been $1 or two.

For example, I just bought the Farscape complete Bluray season and I was charged $12 in import fees which is pretty much bang on 13% tax and a $5 handling fee.

Do you buy lots of stuff under $20 or something?

bestbuy.ca has been hammered all morning, can't log in to my account. I don't even want to buy anything, I just want to check the tracking number for something I bought on Tuesday :(

Quadratic

Has anyone ordered from Amazon.com recently? I was wondering if the import fee deposit they charge you is usually accurate (do you get any of it back)?

I bought some DVD's last month from amazon.com. Still waiting for the refund. It takes 4-6 weeks on average from my experience.

zroid

Banned
oooo is metroid other m worth 5 bucks?

I think it's worth trying, even if you end up hating it. And $5 is about as low as it'll ever go.

If nothing else, it's an interesting examination in Nintendo's experimentation with one of their key series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom