• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadirok

Tempted to do this but I don't want PS+ right now. Is that only for Vita (the $10 free)?

Its anything on the PS store. Could be Vita games, Soundtracks, PSone games, PS3 Games, PSP games, themes, avatars, whatever. As long as you get to spending $60 on the PS store within the time frame. No, that doesn't mean adding funds to your wallet (because some people wanted to do that) , you have to spend a total of $60 to get the $10.

Gadirok

LittleBigPlanet Karting for $29.99 is a crazy price drop/sale.

I forgot who mentioned on CAG that a deal was just around the corner for it when it was launching and people were trying to get it for the 9.99 FS price error.

That guy must have worked higher up at one of the stores. Interesting.

Free + comes from some of the HD Collections. 1 month codes.

I believe there is a 3 month pricing as well on PSN.

Could you guide me to one of the collections that has the offer? I looked at the MGS Collection on FutureShop and it doesn't seem to have the free month of Plus.

Gadirok

Could you guide me to one of the collections that has the offer? I looked at the MGS Collection on FutureShop and it doesn't seem to have the free month of Plus.

The Journey Collector's Edition and the God of War Saga Collection are the only ones.

Otherwise its included with PS3 bundles (new ones).

No_Style

lol for real? k maybe i won't get it then.

how come it wasn't more crushed in reviews? the metacritic seems average, not so horrible that it isn't worth 5 bucks lol.

It's worth it if you want to appreciate the memes that were derived from it.

Anyways, we're getting off topic! Deals. There are so many & yet I have not purchased anything! I was considering the Nintendo 3DS XL + gift card deal but I already have the 3DS XL w/ NSMB2 for $170 deal from a week ago.

I'm curious, are Canadian retail stores getting remotely crowded?

For those who may have missed it, I made a BLACK FRIDAY ROUND UP post. Please enjoy & share.

krae_man

Has anyone figured out how the deal for 50% off Ubisoft games works at EBGames? None of the prices seem to be in effect.

http://www.ebgames.ca/collection/black-friday-ubisoft-offer

Add them to your cart.

DK71Q.jpg

Edit: it also seems to work on games under $29.99. I got it to work on the Prince of Persia Trilogy.

Guys, I've been using this tv for the last decade.

I'm thinking of replacing it with something a little more modern.

Just how obsolete is this thing?

I'm running a 9 year old 57" Toshiba TheaterWide rear projection CRT television right now, and I love the thing... It has HDMI 1.0 and only 1080i, but it still provides damned near as nice a picture as anything I've seen in plasma or LED to date, balancing all considerations... AND, it looks great with 480i/p source stuff using it's own built-in up-scaler, so my DVDs (of which I have a great many) still look fantastic...

I think there's a lot to be said for good ol' analog CRT tech - I'm not replacing this system until it dies. Besides, just getting it out of the basement would be an enormous PITA!

RS4-

I'd consider the cineplex stuff if they had more selection. Like TDKR alone or if the magically had the new Terminator 2 release.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Picked up a cheap Canon all in one printer at Walmart for $29 as it's cheaper than ink. Grabbed a 5" TomTom GPS from crappy tire for $97. Meh.

People are crazy for no name LCDs lol.

zroid

Banned
As it turns out, the deal for download-to-own is potentially much better, since those are cheaper than the discs anyway, and instead of an Admit One, you get 1000 Scene points. Points can be redeemed for a free IMAX ticket which are like $18, iirc. With Admit Ones you have to pay the difference.

Not that I have any interest in downloading movies :\

krae_man

I'm running a 9 year old 57" Toshiba TheaterWide rear projection CRT television right now, and I love the thing... It has HDMI 1.0 and only 1080i, but it still provides damned near as nice a picture as anything I've seen in plasma or LED to date, balancing all considerations... AND, it looks great with 480i/p source stuff using it's own built-in up-scaler, so my DVDs (of which I have a great many) still look fantastic...

I think there's a lot to be said for good ol' analog CRT tech - I'm not replacing this system until it dies. Besides, just getting it out of the basement would be an enormous PITA!

bq7Xi.jpg

DJ_Lae

Picked up a cheap Canon all in one printer at Walmart for $29 as it's cheaper than ink.

Printers are still a massive scam. I bought an all in one Canon a few weeks back from Staples for $40, as even at that price (regularly $100 I think) it's cheaper than one official black and one colour ink cartridge. I know that new printers only come with half size cartridges, but some cheap recycled ones off amazon until the printer dies, then it's off to another new printer.

Seems incredibly wasteful in terms of resources but oh well.

Still tempted to buy a monochrome all in one laser printer, NCIX always has some heavily discounted.

Sora_N

Printers are still a massive scam. I bought an all in one Canon a few weeks back from Staples for $40, as even at that price (regularly $100 I think) it's cheaper than one official black and one colour ink cartridge. I know that new printers only come with half size cartridges, but some cheap recycled ones off amazon until the printer dies, then it's off to another new printer.

Seems incredibly wasteful in terms of resources but oh well.

Still tempted to buy a monochrome all in one laser printer, NCIX always has some heavily discounted.

Lasers are amazing. I love mine, the cheaper ones are louder but doesn't matter that much to me.

cjkeats

Future Shop matches online prices right? I wonder if they'll match the $20 Need for Speed Vita price. Don't know if I wanna try and go anywhere today though.

i-Lo

Canadian game deals have been pretty lukewarm for BF. That said, I got myself Batman AC GoTY for 20 bucks at EB today.

zroid

Banned
Our Black Friday was never intended to compete with the US' anyway. They just need to be "good enough" so it's not worth crossing the border or shopping online and paying exorbitant shipping costs and possibly handling fees.

btkadams

Our Black Friday was never intended to compete with the US' anyway. They just need to be "good enough" so it's not worth crossing the border or shopping online and paying exorbitant shipping costs and possibly handling fees.

it seems to be getting better every year though, so that's nice.

i was really disappointed with boxing day last year, so i hope it isn't even worse this year. why is amazon.ca getting worse for gaming deals? it used to be decent a couple years ago.

ozhenson

The 3DS XL for sale from futureshop is supposed to come with a $30 gift card. However, if you click the link to get additional information about the promotion it actually says a $50 gift card will be given with in store purchases. I assume this is just a typo, but is futureshop beholden to honoring this?

krae_man

The 3DS XL for sale from futureshop is supposed to come with a $30 gift card. However, if you click the link to get additional information about the promotion it actually says a $50 gift card will be given with in store purchases. I assume this is just a typo, but is futureshop beholden to honoring this?

Just buy it online, the gift card is automatically applied to your order.

Sora_N

There's a gift card? I wonder if I could return the 3DS after I keep the GC lol. I'm too lazy to do that these days though, my local FS has huge lineups for refunds.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping Tekken Tag Tournament would be $29.99 on Wii U as well, but considering it's fairly new I guess I should've known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom