• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Canada Computers has a 1TB drive for $49.99, a 2TB drive for $69.99, and a 14x Blu-ray drive for $59.99.

ALMOST bit the bullet on the BD drive and 2TB HDD, considering I'm planning on ripping my collection. But I figured I'd hold off for now and make sure I actually really need them.

Maximus.

I got Max Payne 3, transformers Fall of Cybertron, and Kingdom of Amalur all for 20 bucks each. Sick deals on each game and I am happy I found everything I was looking for! I was surprised to see that stores were not busy at all in my area though, but then again there werent many good deals in general.

I got Max Payne 3, transformers Fall of Cybertron, and Kingdom of Amalur all for 20 bucks each. Sick deals on each game and I am happy I found everything I was looking for! I was surprised to see that stores were not busy at all in my area though, but then again there werent many good deals in general.

Where did you get Kingdom of Amalur for $20?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bought a Kobo Mini for 49$ minus some leftover gift cards at Chapters, and that's about it. I really like it - neat little eReader.

bladeshimmer

Neo Member
My wallet is screaming in pain right now, and the Steam sales aren't even over yet!

Steam

KotOR II - $2.49
Rage - $4.99
To the Moon Collector's Ed. - $4.24

EB Games

Batman Arkham City GOTY (PS3) - $19.99
Dark Souls (PS3) - $14.99

Future Shop

L.A. Noire Complete Ed. (PS3) - $19.99
Pilotwings Resort - $9.99
Yakuza Dead Souls - $19.99

Toys R Us (buy one $19.99 title get second half price)

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PS3) - $15.00
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (PS3) - $15.00

Walmart

Call of Duty MW2 (PS3) - $14.99
Little Deviants - $9.99
Prototype 2 (PS3) - $19.00 (includes Prototype 1 digital copy)
Shinobi 3DS - $10.00

Still mulling over DMC Collection and Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

Otherwise, my only non-gaming purchase was a bunch of $5 Old Navy graphic t-shirts.

I picked up DOA5 from FS. I got them to price match EB Games so it was $28.99 plus taxes. I'm planning to head out tomorrow morning to grab TTT2 as well...

I'm going to try my hardest to avoid the blurays...

kennah

Same. We'd been looking for a few weeks, figured we'd wait until black friday.

Baby's outgrown the newborn one, needed something bigger. Costco had a $100 one that reviewed well.
We went for a Safety 1st Scenera for $45 at walmart. Came well recommended for a second seat. Already have a NAUTILUS for the toddler. 10 month old sure surprised us by growing out of her seat early, so it was nice to have this deal come up.

DJ_Lae

We went for a Safety 1st Scenera for $45 at walmart. Came well recommended for a second seat. Already have a NAUTILUS for the toddler. 10 month old sure surprised us by growing out of her seat early, so it was nice to have this deal come up.

Huh, that's a pretty good deal. I should check it out tomorrow. The Costco one is a little fancier (Safety First OnSide) but for less than half the price it might be worth it as she'll just be moving onto the toddler seat we already have once our older daughter grows out of that.

Can always cancel my order, hasn't processed yet.

pestul

Where are you? I work today, maybe I will spot a GAFFER. Gotta love 6am shifts. Also guys, saw Batman Arkham City at TRU for 14.99
Outside the St. Johns NL store. Its nice here today. A little damp but around 7c. There's still only like 20 in line and they have 40.. could have easily lined up after 6...

pestul

In store for over an hour now. My wife has a cart full of clothes lol. Line is huge.. better not accidentally give away my game :eek:

I picked one up as it's still better value than the COD bundle I've been seeing a deal on. Even if all-stars code doesn't work, it's still a white vita with 3 months of plus.

Real cost:

Subtotal: $179.99
S&H: $8.98
Import Fees deposit $22.23
Total for this shipment: $211.20

I kinda wish I didn't see this post. I was thinking about buying one (and ad the window open on my work computer). I didn't end up buying it, but after seeing that total...

...I should have :(

zroid

Banned
I was too lazy to bother with the Old Navy thing since I got NSMBU for $40 from tsilon anyway.

$40 of free clothes would've been nice though... :\

Sat out at Old Navy early this morning with my girlfriend and we each got a copy of NSMBWU. One to keep and one to hopefully trade for ZombiU or NG3:RE. We could have likely rolled up much later than we did, but I shot the breeze with some other gamers in line so I didn't mind the wait in the end.

krae_man

Got m $40 Diablo 3 in the mail. Free discount shipping ended up being next day purolator somehow.

My local Walmart also broke street date for Ratchet and Clank FFA.

iphys

For anyone that was planning to redeem at the Mega redemption next weekend, apparently it got cancelled and is only going to be a bonus redemption: $210 for 95,000, $105 for 50,000, $70 for 38,000. There are rumours the Mega redemption might be happening closer to x-mas or boxing day, if it's even still happening at all. If there aren't any amazing sales in the flyer, I think I will hold out and hope they get around to the Mega redemption, or worst case the Super redemption in the Summer. $210 is only $10 more than the bonus redemptions they regularly do, so I don't think it's a good idea to bite for the extra $10 when there's still a good chance of getting $40 more than that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For anyone that was planning to redeem at the Mega redemption next weekend, apparently it got cancelled and is only going to be a bonus redemption: $210 for 95,000, $105 for 50,000, $70 for 38,000. There are rumours the Mega redemption might be happening closer to x-mas or boxing day, if it's even still happening at all. If there aren't any amazing sales in the flyer, I think I will hold out and hope they get around to the Mega redemption, or worst case the Super redemption in the Summer. $210 is only $10 more than the bonus redemptions they regularly do, so I don't think it's a good idea to bite for the extra $10 when there's still a good chance of getting $40 more than that.

SDM sometimes does these lesser redemption days in advance of a better one, so it's probably better to wait. I was going to pick up a 3DS XL, but unless they have it marked down $20-30 in the flyer I'll just wait and take my chances.

Or this is just revenge for all those people buying up chocolate bars and baby wipes earlier in the year.

Holy shit today is crazy at the call centre. Everyone jumping on that s3 bandwagon. I'm surprised rogers isn't price matching this stuff, telus is doing well with its pricing though. So many people calling from the stores haha.

iphys

Yeah, they always do a bonus redemption in May right before the Super redemption in June, so maybe they're just doing something similar to get people to waste their points. It could be that they took a big hit from people exploiting the bonus point loopholes and can't afford to do the Mega redemption because of it, but I don't think they're doing too poorly or want to piss off customers and dissuade them from saving up again next year.

Man - pretty big week for my wallet gaming wise! Last week at this time, I hadn't even considered purchasing any of these items:

Wii U Deluxe System
NSMBU
ZombiU
ACIII (Wii U)
Forza Horizon
Hitman Absolution
XCOM

Luckily there were some deals in there as well as some redeemed Best Buy rewards points. Besides my 40 dollar pre-order of Far Cry 3 from Futureshop, I'm officially tapping out of game purchasing for the rest of 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom