• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Nope, it is the 360 version too!!

Just got back from Walmart and the 360 version comes with a download code for War for Cybertron too! So $9.50 for each game is a win!

Thanks for the heads up, Sora!

No problem, glad it worked out lol. I'm gonna try to do an instore pick up at FS and try to PriceMatch, I have work again right after so prob won't work.

EDIT: Nvm, sold out. I'm just gonna wait for someone to drop it to $29.99 or something.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Do you have to pay for any service with a GPS?

Nope. It comes with free lifetime map updates and 1 year roadside assistance too.

As far as I know there aren't any gps' that require a monthly, annual payment. Some may have you pay to update the map but if you don't the device still works.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If anyone's looking to take advantage of that Origin/EA sale, it seems to be free shipping to Canada, too. Hopefully I don't get hit by customs...

I'm looking at it right now... NHl13 for 39 is pretty good (but I already have it anyway), I think I'll go buy BF2 and Sims++ digitally though, both 70% off.

wingz

I don't think it's in the EB games Black Friday flyer, but Resident Evil 6 is $39.99 on their website. I'm guessing it should be in store as well.

I read on rfd that the Vita AC deal with PSABR and 3 month PS+ on Amazon.com for $179.99 is only shipping for $8.98 to Canada. Easily the best deal for Vita right now.

wingz

Also to FGC fans, Brokentier is also having a Black Friday sales on their apparel. Prices are down from 27.99 to 16.99 and shipping to Canada is not to bad.

btkadams

I read on rfd that the Vita AC deal with PSABR and 3 month PS+ on Amazon.com for $179.99 is only shipping for $8.98 to Canada. Easily the best deal for Vita right now.

someone can correct me if they like, but i am pretty sure that us psn cards do not work in the canada store. would the ps+ and psasbr codes even work for canadians taking advantage of that deal?

Gadirok

someone can correct me if they like, but i am pretty sure that us psn cards do not work in the canada store. would the ps+ and psasbr codes even work for canadians taking advantage of that deal?

The PS+ code will work. Not so sure about the all-stars code but considering its the NA store, it should theoretically work.

krae_man

but the canada and us stores are different. there is no NA store.

When Amazon sold PSN game codes, I bought Hot Shots Shorties off them and the code worked fine on my Canadian PSN account. There are different stores but I am pretty sure that download codes work on both.

$20 in import fees as well.

Sera O

Banned

I picked one up as it's still better value than the COD bundle I've been seeing a deal on. Even if all-stars code doesn't work, it's still a white vita with 3 months of plus.

Real cost:

Subtotal: $179.99
S&H: $8.98
Import Fees deposit $22.23
Total for this shipment: $211.20

Sora_N

I picked one up as it's still better value than the COD bundle I've been seeing a deal on. Even if all-stars code doesn't work, it's still a white vita with 3 months of plus.

Real cost:

That's not bad at all, but I'm holding off atm.

Real cost:

same, amazing deal. Glad Canada got to take advantage.

Also it's 20+ import fee but NO TAX. So it evens out.

frequency

And Amazon.com is likely to refund at least a portion of the import fee I think.

I've gotten a refund on at least part of the import fee on every order I've ever made on Amazon.com (still waiting for Virtue's Last Reward).

It's a great deal. I would buy it if I didn't already have 2 PSVs...

jozero

Neo Member
Future shop has the 3DS XL on sale.

If you order online and get it shipped its $180 - $30 instant rebate = $150

If you order online and get it shipped for in store pick up its $180 - $50 Future Shop gift card.

Also most of the games are $10 off.

And Amazon.com is likely to refund at least a portion of the import fee I think.

I've gotten a refund on at least part of the import fee on every order I've ever made on Amazon.com (still waiting for Virtue's Last Reward).

It's a great deal. I would buy it if I didn't already have 2 PSVs...
yep, I've received almost full refunds on the import fees many a times.

Pretty good sales so far I ended up picking up three games at eb today, Batman Arkham City, Splinter Cell HD Trilogy and Dead Island all for about $40, might head back since apparently the Witcher 2 is only $20 right now as well. Went to Best Buy earlier but they were sold out of spec ops and dead island.

DJ_Lae

pretty sick deal on my video card...

gtx 570 for $184 ($164 after rebate): http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=58573&vpn=012-P3-1571-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1030

Not a bad deal. Memory Express has a couple of similar cards too:

7850 and 7870.

$150 and $200, respectively ($120 and $160 after rebates).

I believe the 7850 is slightly slower than a 570 and the 7870 is more 580 territory, although I need to do a bit of research before I buy one. Hopefully it's not too nuts over at the closest location tonight.

Jayhawk

Are there any decent deals on PS Vita 32 GB memory cards? I don't think the 4 GB memory card that will come with the Assassin's Creed III Liberation bundle I just bought will be enough for me.

iphys

In case it affects anyone's buying decisions: I was just reading on gamefaqs that supposedly there's a black 3DS XL with MK7 for $200 that's just been shipped out in NA unannounced.

Sora_N

Is there somewhere that lists all of FS/BB's sales? I didn't even know 3DS games were $10 off. Nothing I want anymore but good prices.

Cheerilee

Any places to pick up DS flash carts in store??

(Vancouver)

Gamedeals in New West might have some.

Basically, look for any independent mom-and-pop store you can find. A major chain with a reputation won't risk carrying them.

Also, in addition to being cheaper from online stores, they're also more likely to have the latest models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom