• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadratic

Bought a 3DS XL at Shoppers today for a Christmas gift and redeemed 22K points to knock it down to $150. Used my loyalty coupon to add 30K back onto my optimum account probably the best scenario outside that source bundle with the $40 gift card.

Firestorm

Ok Christmas shopping time is here. Anyone know of a good karoake game for Wii or where I can find cheap rock band 3 instruments because apparently there wasn't a plastic instrument version of that?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
$19 for Rhythm Thief is pretty tempting, but I just bought Paper Mario.

YMMV on the Source gift card being a deal if you we're expecting to get the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle. Even though they show the bundle with the gift card promo I was told it isn't applicable.

Diomedes

Picked up a Steelseries Sensei Raw (Rubbered) fro $39.99 while deciding to wander through Staples yesterday. Good deal considering the best I've seen it for to date has been 44.99 at NCIX.

zroid

Banned
Pretty insane how badly overshipped the Sound of Music Limited Edition blu-ray box was. Each piece was even numbered -- up to 250000.

MSRP set at $100 two years ago, and now it's being sold sub $20 at most retailers who still have them in stock. Amazon.ca currently has it for $12.99. I might buy it for my mom.

A lot of games were placed in bargain bins at $19.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart. Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon HG/SS/BW2, WiiPlay Motion bundle, among others.

A lot of games were placed in bargain bins at $19.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart. Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon HG/SS/BW2, WiiPlay Motion bundle, among others.

Highly YMMV. I once picked up Galaxy 2, Wii Party, Mario Sports Mix, and DKCR for $20 each at one Shoppers but they were $50 at another.

Dell.ca has AC3 PS3 $49.99, Halo 4 $49.99, and 3DS with SM3DLand $139.99

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/top...of_deals?c=ca&cs=cabsdt1&l=en&s=dhs#ena_deals

Kazerei

Banned
Pretty insane how badly overshipped the Sound of Music Limited Edition blu-ray box was. Each piece was even numbered -- up to 250000.

MSRP set at $100 two years ago, and now it's being sold sub $20 at most retailers who still have them in stock. Amazon.ca currently has it for $12.99. I might buy it for my mom.

Argh, I bought the blu-ray last year for $15 or so. I feel ripped off now :lol

snack

Picked up a Steelseries Sensei Raw (Rubbered) fro $39.99 while deciding to wander through Staples yesterday. Good deal considering the best I've seen it for to date has been 44.99 at NCIX.
How are you liking the mouse so far? I might pick one up too for myself.

soultron

Banned
Damn @ 3DS deals. Gonna have to check one out on the way home from work today. I don't want anymore games but those prices are unreal.

TheExodu5

Banned
The Westvleteren 12 gift pack will be hitting the LCBO shelves sometime this week. $76.85 for a 6 pack with two glasses. Cheaper than expected.

This may seem expensive for beer, but consider that it's normally only available in Belgium at the trappist monk's monastery, and having it locally here costs around $50 a bottle normally. This is touted by many as the best beer in the world, so it should be an interesting one.

kennah

Anyone know if these work with the PC version?

There are often codes for the PC version for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread since it comes for free in a lot of video cards. You could check there. Usually goes for about $30 if I'm remembering correctly.

zroid

Banned
The Westvleteren 12 gift pack will be hitting the LCBO shelves sometime this week. $76.85 for a 6 pack with two glasses. Cheaper than expected.

This may seem expensive for beer, but consider that it's normally only available in Belgium at the trappist monk's monastery, and having it locally here costs around $50 a bottle normally. This is touted by many as the best beer in the world, so it should be an interesting one.

I read the Toronto Life article, and now I'm actually considering it :<

Seems like it'll be tough to find though.

Sora_N

I wanted to try some, too bad I'm in BC.

YMMV on the Source gift card being a deal if you we're expecting to get the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle. Even though they show the bundle with the gift card promo I was told it isn't applicable.

Deal actually applies now! Noticed The Source updated their website with specific text under the Mario Kart bundle stating you get the $40 gift card. Went into the store and the Manager had to pull out an email with specific steps on how to give the gift card. Seems like someone screwed up the deal in their system. Now to figure out what to buy with the gift card...

isny

napkin dispenser

I can confirm every store in Ottawa has the price cut on these titles. It's probably every store in Canada, although most stores have yet to pull the stock and put the discount stickers on the games. I picked up one HG/SS today for $19.99 each. Thanks for the heads up =)

I can confirm every store in Ottawa has the price cut on these titles. It's probably every store in Canada, although most stores have yet to pull the stock and put the discount stickers on the games. I picked up one HG/SS today for $19.99 each. Thanks for the heads up =)

No prob. I check the system every week for deals on Nintendo stuff, and was pretty surprised at these games being discounted. Even Crosswords Plus and Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone are down to $19.99 (where they should always have been IMO). Too bad the eshop version of Crosswords Plus is still 30 bucks :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

More to the point, this is the only time it will ever be sold to the public in such quantities, so if you want to store, age, and resell it later, this is a good opportunity.

Cactus

Banned
Free codes!

$10 off Assassin's Creed III at amazon.com
7SFP-T6PWV9-MYENEL

$8 off $88+ purchase at Play Asia
IO-CCV-HVI

$15 off $150+ purchase at Play Asia
GB-DUO-EJX

isny

napkin dispenser

No prob. I check the system every week for deals on Nintendo stuff, and was pretty surprised at these games being discounted. Even Crosswords Plus and Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone are down to $19.99 (where they should always have been IMO). Too bad the eshop version of Crosswords Plus is still 30 bucks :(

At this point, even picking up HG/SS, playing them, and reselling them is a profit. The games sell for $50+ in new condition, and there seem to be ample supply of them at SDM stores, so it's a no brainer to pick one/both of them up before the RFD effect hits.

zroid

Banned
is mario tennis 3ds worth 20 bucks? i remember people complaining about lack of content at release.

I picked it up for 18 at release with a FS trade-in deal and felt it was worthwhile. Lack of content is a real issue, but it's still a good time. At 20 I think you'll find it a fair value.

Sora_N

At this point, even picking up HG/SS, playing them, and reselling them is a profit. The games sell for $50+ in new condition, and there seem to be ample supply of them at SDM stores, so it's a no brainer to pick one/both of them up before the RFD effect hits.

I'm tempted to go to my local SDM right now actually, but have a lot of work...I'll wait 3 hours...lol.

Wait until Wednesday and get 20x the points, assuming they're still in stock then and you're going to spend $75+.

(It's an email coupon.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Friend works for LCBO. Will see if he can get it for me.

Thanks for the heads up!

@stump can you really resell it later at a higher price??!?!??!?!

zroid

Banned
@stump can you really resell it later at a higher price??!?!??!?!

Was reading up a bit and apparently this one actually ages, unlike most beer. So yeah you could theoretically age it and resell it for profit, I bet. If you're willing to part with the few bottles you actually get, that is :p

Any work/worked at Burger King? How is it like? Worth working there?

Friend worked there during College and we compared notes from when I worked at McDonalds during highschool. Typical fast food place: Lots of standing (Lower back pain without proper shoes), greasy and smelly at the end of the day. It'll tire you out if you do full shifts and the time tends to fly by as long as you're busy. He didn't stay long enough to find out if they're like McDonalds and promote from within like crazy.

Socreges

Banned
More to the point, this is the only time it will ever be sold to the public in such quantities, so if you want to store, age, and resell it later, this is a good opportunity.
Encouraging people to purchase an amazing beer that's sold in limited quantities in order to resell later on at a profit to other beer drinkers? That's just about the worst heresy I can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom