• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to sell expensive products locally. Pick a public place during the day and bring a friend to the transaction.

If used, make sure the product's fully charged so they can test it out. If it's brand new and they insist on opening it, take the money first.

eBay is full of scammers and they almost always side with the buyer. I just use my account for selling codes worth a few bucks because it's not worth the hassle to sell anything bigger.

I would only use eBay to sell collector's items not available locally, because local buyers will lowball you all day.

Thanks for all the tips people. I will try locally. eBay really does sound like a headache.

isny

napkin dispenser
SCOP only plays a part if it's tagged at a lower price than what it scans in for.
http://www.frugalshopper.ca/links/article.php?n=5

Edit: That website is partly wrong. The wording should be "Non price ticketed item"

"If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum"

Is what that website states.

"If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum" is what it should state.

Either way, since the price won't be higher when it scans, it wouldn't give the $10 off, so I don't have to feel bad now. This is probably why I didn't think of it when I went through the cash.

Cactus

Banned
Thanks for all the tips people. I will try locally. eBay really does sound like a headache.
On the flip side, I've sold over 50 video game related items on eBay over the last two years, and I've only been ripped off once so far. There are douchebags out there, but I definitely think the hate is overblown.

Cheerilee

Amazon's cheaping out. They sent my Sound of Music LE in a clear plastic bag!

Mine came in a custom cardboard box that was specifically designed to cradle the LE box. And then that cardboard box was placed inside another cardboard box, which was padded with cheap air-fill.

zroid

Banned
Mine came in a custom cardboard box that was specifically designed to cradle the LE box. And then that cardboard box was placed inside another cardboard box, which was padded with cheap air-fill.

Goddamn, lol.

Well luckily, even though the bag was torn a bit, the box didn't appear to be damaged at all. I'll have a closer look later.

EDIT: I checked... it was damaged more than I thought ;____;

Just got back from SDM again. Picked up Layton 1 as I've never played them. They also had Diabolical Mask and Last Specter marked down. I asked the lady what was up with all the markdowns and she said they're trying to clear all NDS stock. Mind you she was just a cashier, so take that with a grain of salt.

zroid

Banned
Just got back from SDM again. Picked up Layton 1 as I've never played them. They also had Diabolical Mask and Last Specter marked down. I asked the lady what was up with all the markdowns and she said they're trying to clear all NDS stock. Mind you she was just a cashier, so take that with a grain of salt.

How much were Curious Village and Diabolical Box? I saw CV for $15 one time at a Shoppers but decided against it after much deliberation. I think if they're $10 I would snap 'em up. No idea if I'll get around to playing them but eh, why not complete my Layton collection.

schlew

Managed to pick up a Wii Play Motion bundle for $20 at Shoppers. All the titles that have been mentioned were marked as $20, so that location seemed on the ball.

I got them to price check Black 2 and White 2, but they were still full price ($34.99). I saw it mentioned as part of the sale in another's post, anyone else see it for that price?

Madouu

Wii play motion is the one that comes with the bundled remote plus right? that would be interesting, I'll check the SDMs near me in Montreal thanks.

EGM92

Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver GAF I need a HUGE favor!

If you live near or go by a store called 'MemoryExpress' and are willing to purchase something within the store and ship it to Ontario please contact me via PM.

TheExodu5

Banned
No Westvleteren 12 in Ottawa yet. Apparently stores in Toronto were sold out within 5-10 minutes. One store was opening at 10am and there were 90 people in line by 9:40.

Looks like I'm lining up tomorrow. :|

How much were Curious Village and Diabolical Box? I saw CV for $15 one time at a Shoppers but decided against it after much deliberation. I think if they're $10 I would snap 'em up. No idea if I'll get around to playing them but eh, why not complete my Layton collection.

All $20.

Quadratic

Thanks for the SDM $20 3DS games tip. The one near my work used to have all the DS/3DS games behind the cash so you could see the spine labels. However, they moved all the games to a small glass case near the ground so you have to squat to see the games. A ton of them are obscured as well so you have to ask a staff member to open it up to take a look.

Sora_N

Thanks for the SDM $20 3DS games tip. The one near my work used to have all the DS/3DS games behind the cash so you could see the spine labels. However, they moved all the games to a small glass case near the ground so you have to squat to see the games. A ton of them are obscured as well so you have to ask a staff member to open it up to take a look.

Lol that's exactly where my games were found too, not sure why they like to make it so inconvenient for everyone if they're actually trying to sell stuff.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So what's with the 3DS sales? Do they have good trade in value or is this hub-bub just because Nintendo games regularly keep their price points until they're out of print?

I may check the Greenbank location if I can trade them in for Vita titles.

zroid

Banned
No Westvleteren 12 in Ottawa yet. Apparently stores in Toronto were sold out within 5-10 minutes. One store was opening at 10am and there were 90 people in line by 9:40.

Looks like I'm lining up tomorrow. :|

Holy balls

Well, I guess that's done... probably should have been a bit more proactive >.<

Where does it say you will get another 800 points?

5lSRx.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Holy balls

Well, I guess that's done... probably should have been a bit more proactive >.<

Call around. You might get lucky.

Here's an update on Toronto

&#8226;Queen&#8217;s Quay and Yonge: already sold out of about 110 cases
&#8226;Bayview Village: have not received their allotment of 10&#8211;15, but it could appear anytime
&#8226;Avenue and Lawrence: waiting for about 10 cases
&#8226;Royal Bank Plaza: cases will appear tomorrow, although they&#8217;re &#8220;not at liberty to say&#8221; how many
&#8226;Cornwall and Trafalgar (Oakville): 30 cases will be available at 9 a.m. on Friday morning
&#8226;King and Spadina: expecting 20 cases on Thursday or Friday
&#8226;Bloor and Bay (Manulife Centre): expecting 10 cases today, which will be made available tomorrow (lineups are expected starting at around 7 a.m.)
&#8226;Carlton and Church: will put out their allotment of 12 cases when it arrives, as soon as today
&#8226;Highway 401 and Weston (Crossroads): sold out
&#8226;Queen and Coxwell: expecting shipment of 30 cases tomorrow
&#8226;Yonge and Summerhill: sold out
&#8226;Dupont and Spadina: sold out
&#8226;King and Dufferin: haven&#8217;t yet received expected shipment and not sure if it&#8217;s coming
&#8226;Bloor and Royal York: expecting shipment tomorrow
&#8226;Laird and Eglinton: expecting 50 cases tomorrow, hopefully for sale at 9 a.m.
&#8226;Spadina and Dundas: expecting a small shipment on Friday morning; also mentioned that head office reports that all cases have now left the main LCBO warehouse

krae_man

I think when the gamers zone first started they accidentially doubled the 800 point bonus on the first game or two that came out after it started but they fixed it pretty quick.

C-Jo

Has anyone here ordered and/or received Under Defeat HD from Amazon.ca? I pre-ordered and it went out of stock/3rd party seller before the release date.

Follow-up question: Do you guys know of another retailer, within Canada, that carries it?

Firestorm

Ugh friggin Shoppers. They have cases out but no stock of the games -.- SDM inside Metrotown is useless. The one under Best Buy across the street still has Rumble Blast and I think Mario Tennis left. Neither have the Wii Play motion bundle.

Also, Pokemon BW and BW2 are not $19.99 :(

Sora_N

Ugh friggin Shoppers. They have cases out but no stock of the games -.- SDM inside Metrotown is useless. The one under Best Buy across the street still has Rumble Blast and I think Mario Tennis left. Neither have the Wii Play motion bundle.

Also, Pokemon BW and BW2 are not $19.99 :(

Sorry yeah the Metro one has NOTHING (not to mention how slow they were), I bought the last and only copies of Wii Play Motion, Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Platinum from the BB one on Monday. :<

I guess I won't head back there tonight.

WTF Future Shop.

I ordered an iPad Mini that just popped up on Future Shop's website. I applied my Giftcard/checked the balance/ and it has $113 on it, which is correct. I applied it to the purchase and it's showing as $0 for some stupid reason. When I try to unapply it and reapply it the whole thing just crashes.

Anyone have any experience with gift cards on Future Shop's website? Will it show $0 until the payment is processed?

I've noticed a few posts mentioning that the Lilac PSP hannah montana bundle is selling pretty cheap at Toys R us and apparently the Source. If anyone is able to find one in their area and is willing to ship to me in NB I would REALLY appreciate it. The only one I've been able to spot in my area is at Superstore and they won't budge on the $149.99 cost.

Sora_N

I've noticed a few posts mentioning that the Lilac PSP hannah montana bundle is selling pretty cheap at Toys R us and apparently the Source. If anyone is able to find one in their area and is willing to ship to me in NB I would REALLY appreciate it. The only one I've been able to spot in my area is at Superstore and they won't budge on the $149.99 cost.

At the TRU I work at, we've been sold out of the HM PSP for almost 2 years lol. Hope you can find one still!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Heads up for those who pre-ordered the new starcraft expansion, futureshop looks to be sending out beta keys.
And if you plan on playing in a timely manner, start downloading right away. Blizzard's launcher speeds are still in the 100kb/s range.

I thought I'd offer this to Toronto GAF before putting up on RFD.

It's a 16GB Nexus 7 purchased on October 1st 2012. I'm also throwing in a docking station, two USB cables, and a case all for the wonderful price of $150!!!! Original packaging is included as well.

I took a specific picture of the left side. There is a "slight rise" to it but it has never caused a problem in over two months of heavy use. There is also some slight scratching on the top silver part of the device above the camera. I should have probably used the case more.

I'll keep this up here for a couple of days before moving to RFD. Let me know if you have any questions.

9C0D4470-C896-42A9-A0BD-DF8E31C94800-1448-0000012F5916698D.jpg

Left side:

DD6B8A2B-B737-4FD3-9735-9E89A0752D8D-1448-0000012F65460814.jpg

Ever so slight scratching on the top silver part:

D5EA5195-61D2-42B1-8C8E-E3F234D70A08-1448-0000012F6B97694F.jpg

Right Side:

3308A1F3-C1C2-4CB9-A959-B22556EAFB4C-1448-0000012F72ABDC71.jpg

Complete package:

1127E479-9922-49D2-9149-78289EEC982A-1448-0000012F7C2E98DF.jpg
[/IMG]

J-Man

Will be at LCBO Merivale at 8am tomorrow. Anyone in Ottawa going for Westy?

I considered it, but with the way it sold out in Toronto, I don't think I'll even bother. If I showed up at Bank St/King Edward at store opening, I'm guessing they'll be sold out to all the people in line.

Maybe if LCBOs opened earlier than 10am I would, but by that time I'll be at work.

Good luck!

Anony

I thought I'd offer this to Toronto GAF before putting up on RFD.

It's a 16GB Nexus 7 purchased on October 1st 2012. I'm also throwing in a docking station, two USB cables, and a case all for the wonderful price of $150!!!! Original packaging is included as well.

I took a specific picture of the left side. There is a "slight rise" to it but it has never caused a problem in over two months of heavy use. There is also some slight scratching on the top silver part of the device above the camera. I should have probably used the case more.

I'll keep this up here for a couple of days before moving to RFD. Let me know if you have any questions.

i wish i wasnt poor

Kazerei

Banned
I called a LCBO in Waterloo earlier today, and they said no shipments of Westvleteren will be coming to any store in the area. And apparently, an LCBO in Guelph was sold out in 5 mins.

Meh :\

TheExodu5

Banned
I considered it, but with the way it sold out in Toronto, I don't think I'll even bother. If I showed up at Bank St/King Edward at store opening, I'm guessing they'll be sold out to all the people in line.

Maybe if LCBOs opened earlier than 10am I would, but by that time I'll be at work.

Good luck!

Sadly only two stores in Ottawa are getting it: Rideau and Merivale. Not sure how tough it will be to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom