• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diomedes

How are you liking the mouse so far? I might pick one up too for myself.

Is a bit small in the hand (claw), and I don't like hand touching the mousepad while using the mouse, texture is nice and doesn't slip, not much room for pinky. If you're left handed, the ambidextrous buttons could be nice, but for right-handed they're a write-off as way too awkward to reach. The dual dpi button is nice simple function, slides pretty smooth, seems well constructed. Software pretty minimalistic, but has some depth in macro-ability if you're into that. Overall it's nice, especially for the price. I prefer something a bit larger in the hand and with somewhere to put pinky, but will stick with it for a bit to see if can adapt.

Sora_N

What exactly is this Shoppers game sale? Thanks for the tips though guys.

I went to a few stores, the last one actually had SS and HG. :) i also bought Platinum and a Fling Smash bundle!

What else is on sale? I passed on Mario Tennis and Pokemon Rumble Blast, spent too much already.

I was in a hurry to get home so didnt check other games.

wingz

Well Best Buy just charged my card for that $4.99 copy of The Walking Dead. I guess this is a real thing now. :)

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN $4.99. I wish I got on that deal. Gotta find a cheap qualifier tomorrow if FS is going to do trade-ins for it.

zroid

Banned
It was about a month ago. This post clued us in.

Since you had to order two games, we just ended up padding it with one of those shit listings like "Agent" on PS3 which is never coming out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was about a month ago. This post clued us in.

Since you had to order two games, we just ended up padding it with one of those shit listings like "Agent" on PS3 which is never coming out.
I made the exact same order (TWD + Agent). Looking forward to my $5 copy of TWD this week. :)

Has anyone bought refurbished systems from EBG before? I want to buy a Wii, but interestingly EBG refurbished system is the cheapest I can find.

Also, if I order it online, will I be taxed according to the destination [Saskatoon] or their warehouse location?

Thanks!

A lot of games were placed in bargain bins at $19.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart. Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon HG/SS/BW2, WiiPlay Motion bundle, among others.
Just a heads up that the games won't necessarily be in the bin. This is a sale on a lot of their 3DS games. I saw Art Academy and some of the Layton games also on sale. Apparently the sale ends March 1.

Has Amazon.ca always had a distro center in BC?

I ordered some stuff this weekend and my UPS tracking says the origin scan was Richmond, BC.

I'm in Toronto so I've always had everything come from their Mississauga center and those packages start out at UPS in Concord, ON. Weird that after hundreds of packages this is the first I've seen of it.

The extra wait time is killing me, I'm so used to getting everything the day after it ships :(

I ordered some stuff this weekend and my UPS tracking says the origin scan was Richmond, BC.

I'm in Toronto so I've always had everything come from their Mississauga center and those packages start out at UPS in Concord, ON. Weird that after hundreds of packages this is the first I've seen of it.

The extra wait time is killing me, I'm so used to getting everything the day after it ships :(

Everything I've ordered from Amazon.ca shipped from Mississauga.

I know Amazon has a new office in Vancouver, maybe they have a warehouse as well.

soultron

Banned
Just a heads up that the games won't necessarily be in the bin. This is a sale on a lot of their 3DS games. I saw Art Academy and some of the Layton games also on sale. Apparently the sale ends March 1.
Checked two SDMs in Toronto and both had full price 3DS games. Sad.

Tagg9

I know what you mean. I'm in Victoria, and I got a book order within 2 days after ordering. I don't think I've ever received anything from them so fast.

Sora_N

At the first SDM I went to, there were HG/SS boxes on the shelves...but no games when they looked in the back. At the one I found my games at, no boxes for any of the games I bought on the shelves, they were all locked up. I don't know how SDM expects to sell games when no one knows what they even have. I might go back for Pokemon Rumble Blast lol.

Checked two SDMs in Toronto and both had full price 3DS games. Sad.

Did you ask them to check the price? I've never once entered a SDM that didn't have an old sale sticker on something or was missing one outlined in a flyer. They're terribly unreliable for have up to date prices listed.

It's not that bad though, if you catch a game that isn't on sale anymore, but they have the sticker still up you get an additional $10 off the lowest ticket price.

Oh cry me a river. Everyone else who doesn't live in Ontario has to deal with this bull and we manage to live.

Sorry, next time I want to get annoyed by something I'll ask for your permission first, I'd hate to offend you.

Where do you want your river of tears delivered? Warning; it's gonna ship from Ontario.

zroid

Banned
Probably whatever you ordered just wasn't in stock at the Mississauga warehouse. Happened to me once as well -- ordered something with limited availability and they sent it from Vancouver.

isny

napkin dispenser
Did you ask them to check the price? I've never once entered a SDM that didn't have an old sale sticker on something or was missing one outlined in a flyer. They're terribly unreliable for have up to date prices listed.

It's not that bad though, if you catch a game that isn't on sale anymore, but they have the sticker still up you get an additional $10 off the lowest ticket price.

Shit! Why didn't I remember this?!? Ah well, I know of stores that still have the titles without the new prices, so I could always be greedy if I really felt it was worth it :x

explodet

Just nabbed me a OOT 3DS from Shoppers. They had a Clearance sticker on the label underneath the shelf, plus I scanned the empty box with the price checker machine they just put in. $20+tax, score.

Thanks doods.

zroid

Banned
Soon

jbnzrxVx4r1S7v.png

Sold my Tsilon Wii U for less than retail, still made a profit, better than returning it to the store and made a family really happy :)

I realized I have no time to add a new console to my rotation, too many games on Xbox/PC as it is.....and there are 3DS games I still want to play

therapist

Has anyone bought refurbished systems from EBG before? I want to buy a Wii, but interestingly EBG refurbished system is the cheapest I can find.

Also, if I order it online, will I be taxed according to the destination [Saskatoon] or their warehouse location?

Thanks!

No , but why dont you just use Kijiji?

People are selling em real cheap , ive seen em for 100 for the black one with mario etc...

I think I'm going to sell my Nexus 7 on eBay. A little nervous about the whole thing since I'm not an experienced eBay seller. Any tips on selling/dealing with customers? Is the whole thing fool proof?

I'd rather ask here than RFD.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I'm going to sell my Nexus 7 on eBay. A little nervous about the whole thing since I'm not an experienced eBay seller. Any tips on selling/dealing with customers? Is the whole thing fool proof?

The only advice I would have is that you should ship with full insurance and tracking, lest something "happen" to the package.

why not sell it on RFD. Every time I've wanted to sell an electronic I've sold it on RFD relatively fast and pain free.

As for Ebay if you do want to go that route, I can't help. I only buy from there.

Sell it on RFD/Kijiji unless you live in the middle of nowhere

I bought a lens off someone on RFD last week, the seller was really helpful and friendly

I wasn't too sure if the peeps on RFD should be trusted. I might give that a shot then. It's obviously best to deal with someone local as well. I'd rather hand someone the product.

Edit: I was shocked to discover that my 2nd gen Apple TV might net me over $100 if I have the right firmware. Apparently the jailbreaking possibilities on that device make it valuable.

The only advice I would have is that you should ship with full insurance and tracking, lest something "happen" to the package.

Even if the buyer receives it in full and everything, they can just claim "Item not as described" and walk away with the money and the item.

It's stupidly easy to scam as a buyer on Ebay. Don't do it.

Craigslist it. Sell locally or on RFD.

Try to sell expensive products locally. Pick a public place during the day and bring a friend to the transaction.

If used, make sure the product's fully charged so they can test it out. If it's brand new and they insist on opening it, take the money first.

eBay is full of scammers and they almost always side with the buyer. I just use my account for selling codes worth a few bucks because it's not worth the hassle to sell anything bigger.

I would only use eBay to sell collector's items not available locally, because local buyers will lowball you all day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sell it on RFD/Kijiji unless you live in the middle of nowhere

I bought a lens off someone on RFD last week, the seller was really helpful and friendly

Yeah, just make it extremely clear in your sale post that there is no haggling. Confirm that on the phone too.

Some people are real dicks about it. I've had more work out positively for me thus far though.

iphys

Even if the buyer receives it in full and everything, they can just claim "Item not as described" and walk away with the money and the item.

It's stupidly easy to scam as a buyer on Ebay. Don't do it.

Craigslist it. Sell locally or on RFD.

I don't know. The one time an eBay seller sold me an illegal DVD-R copy of a movie and I filed a PayPal complaint, I had to get a statement from an expert in order to get my money back, never mind the seller actually fessing up to it being a DVD-R copy because the movie was out of print. Fortunately my mum is a lawyer, so she just wrote up a fancy letter for me saying it was an illegal copy (lol), but otherwise, I don't know what expert I would have got this letter from, and it would have been more trouble than it was worth. I think the only way it's actually easy for a buyer to scam is if you don't use shipping with proof of delivery and then they claim it wasn't received.

Try to sell expensive products locally. Pick a public place during the day and bring a friend to the transaction.

This is so true.

I sold a CD on eBay a couple of years ago and it went for about $300. The buyer claimed that the shrinkwrap was fake etc., and I ended up refunding $100 due to not covering my bases before hand.

I sold another LP for around $500 and the buyer had other authenticity-related complaints. Long process that didn't cost me anything, but was full of grief.

I sold my iPad 3 on Kijiji in about 11 minutes for $525 with NO headaches and no complaints. Took a colleague with me. I listed it during the iPad 4 keynote and was back from completing the transaction before the keynote ended. This is absolutely the preferred method...plus no listing fees.

isny

napkin dispenser
Checked Ottawa (Rideau St) and full price 3DS games. I could see the bargain bins, but nothing from 3DS in them. Didn't ask for a price check because the games were locked up on the wall and I didn't want to have to deal with getting an employee paged and waiting for them for a price check.

All of the Ottawa stores are marked down, I had them check the games at that location already =). (And at almost every store on Bank street yesterday as I took a leisurely stroll to Billings Bridge from campus!)

They're just lazy =p

And the good thing about this not being priced down yet means you'll get another $10 off through SCOP like the previous poster reminded us!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
All of the Ottawa stores are marked down, I had them check the games at that location already =). (And at almost every store on Bank street yesterday as I took a leisurely stroll to Billings Bridge from campus!)

They're just lazy =p

And the good thing about this not being priced down yet means you'll get another $10 off through SCOP like the previous poster reminded us!

Try any locations past billings? There are big stores pretty close together on bank / heron and walkely.

isny

napkin dispenser
Try any locations past billings? There are big stores pretty close together on bank / heron and walkley.

Associates at multiple stores told me the price cuts are across all of the stores, so you should be fine.

But to answer your question, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom