• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
It's amusing too, as I was the one who started the epic sewing machine joke on RFD back when it was a cool place to hang out. Sometimes the deals I find are just so random...

So how awesome are these pillows guys? So awesome.

You non pillow folks are missing out.

The pillows are actually pretty good. At first I didn't like it but now I love it. I still usually sleep on my memory foam pillow because I want the support, but when I want something soft I dive right in to my gaf pillow.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh shit, something awesome was just posted in the GAF tsilon thread. ;)

You, I like you for posting here. I don`t follow the tsilon thread. (Too much effort for good codes SOMETIMES... is it really worth it? :/)

zroid

Banned
You, I like you for posting here. I don`t follow the tsilon thread. (Too much effort for good codes SOMETIMES... is it really worth it? :/)

It's not really that much effort if you just want to get in at the lowest level. Most of the perks are available to everyone anyway. You should do it!

Pharros

Random question here. I read on RFD that EB Games will be holding a $25 trade in value for each game worth $8+ towards any PS3 during mid December. If I do this and the PS3 sees boxing day sales, can i bring in my receipt and get the discount after Christmas during the sales if the PS3 becomes cheaper than my mid December purchase price?

Cheerilee

I have all the games I've ever wanted on the PSP but I want to replace my PSP1000 and get the video out feature. I had a PSP3000 but it broke and I got the money back. I'd get one for $89.99 but $129.99 is too much seeing as a PSP2 is regularly on sale for $199 with a game and 4GB memory card. I guess I just have to wait.

If you find any deals on PSPs, be sure to post them. I'm looking around for one too, but yeah - $129 is way too much. The Zellers near my house is closing, but even marked down they're still around $120.

Check Toys'R'Us. They were trying to clear out their "Hannah Montana" bundles for $75. Last time I checked they weren't selling because manly PSP owners are afraid that awesome colors will turn them gay (the PSP is lilac, aka light purple). I got one and the color made me love my PSP. It didn't make me love penis.

Sora_N

I had no trouble buying 2 PSN+ cards from Best Buy, but the guy made me give him 2 coupons lol. He said "You only have one coupon" and I said "I have another coupon!", but yeah good stuff.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I had no trouble buying 2 PSN+ cards from Best Buy, but the guy made me give him 2 coupons lol. He said "You only have one coupon" and I said "I have another coupon!", but yeah good stuff.

I didn't even print a coupon. Just went in with a PDF on my phone and bought two cards on two occasions.

Cheerilee

I didn't even print a coupon. Just went in with a PDF on my phone and bought two cards on two occasions.

My brother recently had Best Buy refuse to accept a $10 Reward Zone coupon because it was a PDF on his phone. They claimed that it MUST be printed.

They were just being dicks. It's not even about their stupid barcode on the coupon, because that's just an offer number. My brother deliberately printed his PDF on the worst printer we knew of, and then he brought it back in, and it failed to scan, so they punched in the offer number manually. We wasted about five whole seconds of their time by doing that. Doesn't come close to how much of my brother's time they wasted, but it felt good, and he still has plenty of ill-will left towards them, which can pay off in the future.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My brother recently had Best Buy refuse to accept a $10 Reward Zone coupon because it was a PDF on his phone. They claimed that it MUST be printed.

They were just being dicks. It's not even about their stupid barcode on the coupon, because that's just an offer number. My brother deliberately printed his PDF on the worst printer we knew of, and then he brought it back in, and it failed to scan, so they punched in the offer number manually. We wasted about five whole seconds of their time by doing that. Doesn't come close to how much of my brother's time they wasted, but it felt good, and he still has plenty of ill-will left towards them, which can pay off in the future.
The closest BB to me has a PC/printer set up right by the check out so people can log into their RZ account and print them out right there.

Quick

Banned

I guess that specific Best Buy either has their own policy on coupons, or the coupon's fine print says "coupon must be physically presented to be eligible", and they're following that to a tee.

My store usually has spare coupons for a promo we'd be having, and we're usually cool with taking a code off a cellphone, with the rare promo or two that tells us customers are required to have it physically. We take the extra step and look up rewards cards, even though it says on the fine print that they can't redeem points or use them without it.

The closest BB to me has a PC/printer set up right by the check out so people can log into their RZ account and print them out right there.

Is this a standard for all Best Buys? Sounds like a ton of wasted paper and effort for a coupon. I'm all for getting a sale, but that's giving customers too much convenience. Not saying I disagree with it, but this is where they should make it clear that coupons on phones are accepted for each store.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess that specific Best Buy either has their own policy on coupons, or the coupon's fine print says "coupon must be physically presented to be eligible", and they're following that to a tee.

My store usually has spare coupons for a promo we'd be having, and we're usually cool with taking a code off a cellphone, with the rare promo or two that tells us customers are required to have it physically. We take the extra step and look up rewards cards, even though it says on the fine print that they can't redeem points or use them without it.

Is this a standard for all Best Buys? Sounds like a ton of wasted paper and effort for a coupon. I'm all for getting a sale, but that's giving customers too much convenience. Not saying I disagree with it, but this is where they should make it clear that coupons on phones are accepted for each store.

Please tell someone in charge that we should be able to use reward zone coupons on the website. It would solve all these problems. :p

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone know where I can pick up cheap Wii Points?

They are usually discounted during the after hours sales at BB like we had a few weeks back. They're considered video game accessories.

Anyone find any deals on Finding Nemo? Passing on TDKR until Boxing Day, but want to pick up Nemo today...

Good timing on your part.

"SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2012 FROM 7pm - 9pm

(In-store only. Excludes Quebec, Manitoba & Sudbury stores.)

• Exclusive 2-hour event for Reward Zone members only

• Hottest offers off the lowest ticketed prices on a huge selection of products

• In-store demos of the latest products and technologies

• $100 gift card draw! Line up for a chance to win*

Keep an eye on your inbox on Friday for the event offers!"

Also, in other news, HMV has relaunched their digital content website. Apparently you can't purchase MP3's from them any longer, and don't have access to the ones you've purchased in the past. The new model they're going with is a subscription based music streaming service.

http://www.inmyvault.com/

I think this pretty much kills me buying music digitally. If the retailers want to make it hard for me to purchase the HQ MP3 files I guess I'll have to stop paying for them. (Amazon doesn't offer them, itunes is crap, and HMV was the only retailer I know of that offered the sale of MP3 downloads to Canadians)

Good timing on your part.

"SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2012 FROM 7pm - 9pm

(In-store only. Excludes Quebec, Manitoba & Sudbury stores.)

• Exclusive 2-hour event for Reward Zone members only

• Hottest offers off the lowest ticketed prices on a huge selection of products

• In-store demos of the latest products and technologies

• $100 gift card draw! Line up for a chance to win*

Keep an eye on your inbox on Friday for the event offers!"

Guess what, I'm Manitoban, when did we turn into the new Quebec,

Anyone know if you can redeem Nintendo Points purchased in the USA? Going down there this weekend so I was going to check to see if there was any deals

xclaw

Anyone order from Amazon.com before? Making a small order (worth 16 bucks before shipping), will I be charged duties?

I've ordered from the .com before and never saw any charges. Most likely because the order was fulfilled by the Richmond, Vancouver depot. So I guess the package never actually crossed the border. Which struck me as odd but I had to order from the .com due to a gift card that could only be redeemed on the US site.

DJ_Lae

Anyone order from Amazon.com before? Making a small order (worth 16 bucks before shipping), will I be charged duties?

They should charge you duty as part of the ordering process - I've never had to pay more than that, and usually get refunded a small amount.

Sora_N

I've ordered from the .com before and never saw any charges. Most likely because the order was fulfilled by the Richmond, Vancouver depot. So I guess the package never actually crossed the border. Which struck me as odd but I had to order from the .com due to a gift card that could only be redeemed on the US site.

I'm trying to buy the Amazon.com exclusve Skylander, so it'll probably ship from the US. But I also added a novel on since it's only $6.

They should charge you duty as part of the ordering process - I've never had to pay more than that, and usually get refunded a small amount.

I was about to checkout, didn't see any charge like that, is it included in shipping?

EDIT: Ah, see a $2 import fee deposit now. Great! :)

Strange, no import fee deposit when I added 1 book, only when I had a total of 3 items. That 1 book made it not worth it due to $3 increase in shipping. Just gonna order one thing.

iphys

Guess what, I'm Manitoban, when did we turn into the new Quebec,

Anyone know if you can redeem Nintendo Points purchased in the USA? Going down there this weekend so I was going to check to see if there was any deals

Yeah, I got most of my Nintendo Points from the US to avoid paying tax on them.

Just got my steelbook from Futureshop. Gotta say, I'm impressed that I got it the day after street date - especially given that they use Canada Post.

FarCry3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom