• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM92

Quick question to the collectors out there.

I have a bunch of PS3 Press Kits for various games. They were given to me by a friend who worked for SCEE before he switched careers. Are they worth anything?

I have:

Heavenly Sword 2x
Killzone 2 2x
Uncharted 1x
Castlevania LoS 1x
Metal Gear Solid 4 1x (Not for sale, keeping this one in my collection)

All of them but 1 Heavenly Sword are in Storage in my basement cellar.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3226360/HeavenlySWord.jpg

RS4-

I have a bunch of PS3 Press Kits for various games. They were given to me by a friend who worked for SCEE before he switched careers. Are they worth anything?

Pm me too with what you have :D

Cheerilee

Yes, press kits are worth money. Some game journalists sometimes sell things like that to pay for their E3 trips.

The price goes up depending on how badly people want it, which depends largely on how cool it is. They're the sort of thing that gets dropped on eBay, and collectors (the few who noticed) battle it out to determine the price.

If a collector has a game, that's kind of boring, but if they have a game and it's press kit, well then that's interesting. Any little knick-knack is worth something to a collector who is collecting it's related game. Magazine ad clippings are worth money.

I think I've seen press kits pop up on ebay with starting prices of $10, and they all sell. If it's really desirable, I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars (for the very top-end). But I'm not in that market, so I don't have any good idea for you on the pricing.

If you're going to try and sell them on GAF, you should probably do it auction-style, and let people bid on them. That's the only way you'll find a near-real price.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, strange. I guess they expect you to print off the PDF receipt now huh
Probably. Or just show the order number somehow.

---

Random note, I had an extra Halo code thing from FS but looking at ebay, I think those prices have bombed hard. I guess the market for DLC crap like that disappears fairly quickly after a game is released.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

I have:

Heavenly Sword 2x
Killzone 2 2x
Uncharted 1x
Castlevania LoS 1x
Metal Gear Solid 4 1x (Not for sale, keeping this one in my collection)

All of them but 1 Heavenly Sword are in Storage in my basement cellar.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3226360/HeavenlySWord.jpg

If you ever change your mind I'll buy it off of you in less than a heartbeat.

AAK

Uncharted 3 GOTY is pretty cheap: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008PQU2VI/

If you order it with an out of stock item and then cancel the out of stock order when the other order has reached the "Shipping Soon" status then you can have it with free shipping :)

Thanks for posting, I tried to do as you said where I ordered an out of stock item along with UC3 at the checkout. However, I get a new window before paying asking me whether a) I want my items to ship in as few packages as possible or b) ship the items as fast as possilbe in separate packages. When I choose b) it gives me a warning that the Free shipping isn't available if I go this route.

Do I just go with a) and then cancel the other item soon after?

Willectro

Banned
Got 2 6 packs of Westvleteren 12. My roommate got 2 as well.

Got there at 8:30 and the store was opening at 10. There were 100 people by 9. The store didn't hand out numbers...they just let the line get bigger and bigger...ended with about 150-200 people. They only had 45 6 packs. I didn't think it would be this exclusive.

Thanks for coming isny!

I got three cases from stores in Toronto.

Quadratic

I'm not much of a beer drinker but all this talk about that exclusive beer has me interested.

On gaming deals. Has anyone seen sales yet for Wii U titles? Nintendoland and Netflix have been the only things I've used my console for. The bombcast has me partially sold on ZombieU

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm not much of a beer drinker but all this talk about that exclusive beer has me interested.

On gaming deals. Has anyone seen sales yet for Wii U titles? Nintendoland and Netflix have been the only things I've used my console for. The bombcast has me partially sold on ZombieU

The 25% off sale at SDM is probably your best bet.

cjkeats

I still have a sealed $19.99 copy from the last trade promo. I haven't heard of any trade promos in a long time though, I think it just got changed to gift cards.

snorggy

lollipop chainsaw is indeed $20 in store... and you should all buy it.

less advertised, but binary domain is also $20 at eb.. just picked up a copy for myself after hearing some good things about it.

Median

lollipop chainsaw is indeed $20 in store... and you should all buy it.

less advertised, but binary domain is also $20 at eb.. just picked up a copy for myself after hearing some good things about it.

It's also $20 on Amazon! I grabbed it from there along with that Persona 4 Arena lightning deal yesterday.

TheExodu5

Banned
You might save $100-200 if you wait...though maybe less if the components you want don't go on sale.

NCIX is usually the best spot to look at for boxing day sales. I'd be ready to buy as soon as their sale goes up...the better deals can go OOS quite quickly.

Um... really thinking about returning my unopened Wii U deluxe and get the 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle... my PS3 backlog is huge and I don't have an handled...

Now I wonder if I put it up on Kijiji or just return it...!

Their current contest is pretty abusable. But sadly, coupons can't be applied to all the books in their collection. I gave up when I realized that. :(

Thanks for trying. :( Sadly the agency model seems to have killed promo coupons. Thankfully some pubs (like TOR) have gone DRM free so I guess at least you don't have to worry about price or storefront with them, but it's a shame there's no deals to be had.

How DS games looks on the 3DS XL? Like let's say Radiant Historia?

While I am at it, which 2 RPG from DS should I play the most?

I plan to get myself Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 29.99$, I have budget for one other game. What should it be?

Edit: Just saw that Shoppersdrugmart has the 3DSXL for 169.99... um that or the Mario Kart 7 bundle for 189.99 at futureshop... Not sure if I would play MK7 much.

Edit edit: There seems to be one store in the entire town who has Radiant Historia(and it's low stock) and it is very very far from me, does it worth it?

IceCold

Thanks for posting, I tried to do as you said where I ordered an out of stock item along with UC3 at the checkout. However, I get a new window before paying asking me whether a) I want my items to ship in as few packages as possible or b) ship the items as fast as possilbe in separate packages. When I choose b) it gives me a warning that the Free shipping isn't available if I go this route.

Do I just go with a) and then cancel the other item soon after?

I didn't get that. Both items were split automatically into two separate orders. What happens if you click on the first option? I'm sure it will split it, worst case you can always cancel if it doesn't.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think most people say that DS games look bad on the XL. I've only played Pokemon Conquest and that looked fine to me...

They don't look as good as they would on a DSi(XL), but they look worlds better than the OG 3DS. If you don't know what you're missing, you won't care.

Microplay had the 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle for 159.99$! I traded in Epic Mickey 2 also, they gave me 28$ for it when Eb Games was giving 14$! Good day!

Bestbuy had the same bundle for 199.99$ and they give Skylander starter kit for 3DS for free with it. I wanted to price match but they told me that if I do it I would not get Skylander...

Cheerilee

I didn't get that. Both items were split automatically into two separate orders. What happens if you click on the first option? I'm sure it will split it, worst case you can always cancel if it doesn't.

When you select option a) you're telling Amazon that you want your items ASAP, even if it's just half your order, and you're willing to pay separate shipping (if it's needed).

When you select option b) you're telling Amazon that you don't want to pay for separate shipping, and you're willing to wait until all of your items are in-stock.

If you select option b), Amazon will collect all of your in-stock items whenever they become available and put them into a box with your name on it, and then put that box on a shelf. This ensures that you still get first printings, and that one item won't go out-of-stock while you wait for another.

But sometimes Amazon will get sick and tired of looking at your box taking up space on their shelf, and they get paid when your order ships, not when they set it aside for you, so sometimes they will manually break your order and ship whatever they have ready for you. This is the same kind of service as selecting option a), but you don't have to pay for it because you never agreed to pay for it.

It doesn't happen automatically, it's manual, and it doesn't always happen. You might be stuck waiting months for half of your order, because that's what you agreed to. And trying to force it to happen by ordering items you don't want and then abusing Amazon's cancellation policies is kind of RFD-level scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom