• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Importantly I think, because it's the holidays, Amazon's trying to ship stuff out right now before Christmas, so even if you choose not to split, I believe they will send your order in at least two shipments, one before Christmas, and one after Christmas (when all remaining items are available).

I know, I was shocked. When I went to check out the game rang up as $25, but it had the $10 sticker on it and was from their cheap games bin so I got it for the sticker price.

TheExodu5

Banned
How DS games looks on the 3DS XL? Like let's say Radiant Historia?

While I am at it, which 2 RPG from DS should I play the most?

I plan to get myself Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 29.99$, I have budget for one other game. What should it be?

Edit: Just saw that Shoppersdrugmart has the 3DSXL for 169.99... um that or the Mario Kart 7 bundle for 189.99 at futureshop... Not sure if I would play MK7 much.

Edit edit: There seems to be one store in the entire town who has Radiant Historia(and it's low stock) and it is very very far from me, does it worth it?

Radiant Historia looks significantly worse on the 3DS XL compared to my DSi XL. The black outlines that are on all the sprites and UI text are no longer sharp, which does make the game look quite blurry by comparison. Still very worth playing, however.

iphys

I know, I was shocked. When I went to check out the game rang up as $25, but it had the $10 sticker on it and was from their cheap games bin so I got it for the sticker price.

Where was this? If it was a store with scanning code of practice, a $10 item should be free if they overcharge you for it.

zroid

Banned
Radiant Historia looks significantly worse on the 3DS XL compared to my DSi XL. The black outlines that are on all the sprites and UI text are no longer sharp, which does make the game look quite blurry by comparison. Still very worth playing, however.

Gotta play in 1:1 mode on the 3DSXL!

survivor

Banned
Just got FF13-2 from Amazon for 9.99. Not a bad price and at least if I regret buying the game like FF13, I wouldn't have wasted 100 dollars.

Luigi87

My friend's have used Unblock-Us. in the past, but they don't use consoles to access netflix, so ymmv

I second this. Unblock-US worked great for me during the free trial week I used it. Would have subbed, but didn't have the money to at the time, so I didn't bother.
Key to know if it is working is if The Office (US) shows up.

I second this. Unblock-US worked great for me during the free trial week I used it. Would have subbed, but didn't have the money to at the time, so I didn't bother.
Key to know if it is working is if The Office (US) shows up.

I use the service, and just checked. All 8 seasons of the Office US along with both series of the Office UK are available.

Unblock.us is very helpful. We use it on the iPad, laptop and consoles.

May as well give this a shot...

Thanks to Playstation All Stars, I want to play a Toro game. I heard about the Toro Let's Party Hong Kong Version being in English, but the only place I can find on the net is Ebay for 76.99....

Does anyone know anywhere in Ontario (preferably the GTA) that I could find this 2009 (?) import? Or will I have just have to bite the bullet? :(

Saterium

Question about unblock-us, how does it work with stores?

So for example, if I connect it to my iPad - will the appstore now be the american appstore? Same with consoles - will I be on the american XBL and PSN? Or does it just redirect sites/services like netflix and hulu to an american vpn?

So for example, if I connect it to my iPad - will the appstore now be the american appstore? Same with consoles - will I be on the american XBL and PSN? Or does it just redirect sites/services like netflix and hulu to an american vpn?

Yeah, it just redirects video services.

lupinko

You can use the US App Store by making a US account. Apple doesn't have stupid policy on the different regions' stores.

I have CA, US, JP and AU Apple accounts for starters.

Sora_N

May as well give this a shot...

Thanks to Playstation All Stars, I want to play a Toro game. I heard about the Toro Let's Party Hong Kong Version being in English, but the only place I can find on the net is Ebay for 76.99....

Does anyone know anywhere in Ontario (preferably the GTA) that I could find this 2009 (?) import? Or will I have just have to bite the bullet? :(

I'm stupid I passed on that game a while back. :/

zroid

Banned
Wish it were Art Academy instead of Crosswords!

Warhammer and Red Faction are okay from what I've heard, but not really my favourite types of games, so they'd have to be well above "decent" to get me to add them to my ever-expanding backlog.

Luigi87

Umm, huh...
So I pre-ordered Metal Gear Rising back in the Summer using the Tsilon discount code.

Now I got one of those "Pre-order Notices" you get like every month or two... and it's showing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Limited Edition (PlayStation 3)

Umm, huh...
So I pre-ordered Metal Gear Rising back in the Summer using the Tsilon discount code.

Now I got one of those "Pre-order Notices" you get like every month or two... and it's showing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Limited Edition (PlayStation 3)

congratulations?

Luigi87

congratulations?

It wasn't until after you posted this where I thought "Oh yeah, maybe I should check my order page"

<_<
MGRROops.jpg
Wonder if they'll catch it.
... if they cancel it outright, they screw me out of my Tsilon code.
If they do just change it, well c'est la vie. It's fair and just to do that. ... Though I imagine some RFDer out there who is possibly in the same situation bitching and complaining.

frequency

It wasn't until after you posted this where I thought "Oh yeah, maybe I should check my order page"

<_<

Interesting. I checked mine and it says Limited Edition too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

<_<
Is it one of those fake LEs where every copy of the game is a LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom