• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

Is there any way to get Last Window in Canada without being gouged by Ebay? It's for sale on amazon.com but not .ca, and .com won't ship it here.

Sora_N

Is there any way to get Last Window in Canada without being gouged by Ebay? It's for sale on amazon.com but not .ca, and .com won't ship it here.

Ugh, I didn't know games didn't ship. I'm surprised toys do ship (some). I tried Lego, no go but I bought some Marvel and Skylanders toys, only took about 10 days.

kennah

It's being sold by an amazon merchant, not amazon itself and they will not ship to Canada.

Games for Canada is a US address that you get things shipped to and he forwards it along to Canada. From what I hear the guy is really reliable and reasonable.

krae_man

Games for Canada is a US address that you get things shipped to and he forwards it along to Canada. From what I hear the guy is really reliable and reasonable.

Ah, I though you meant "you should be able to buy video games from Amazon.com and ship to Canada" and well, that is not the case with this particular game.

they looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person (or worse, a RFD'er).

I nearly spat my water out, and my co-workers are looking at me like I'm crazy...

that feel when I'm just about to import a Japanese 3DS

and I realize Japan isn't allowed to ship items with lithium batteries overseas

god damn it =(

I don't follow, where are you trying to ordering this from? I never really had any issues importing smaller hand helds...

isny

napkin dispenser
As somebody who never owned a Wii, I might actually get this.

I was considering the Wii Mini at that price, but too many features in it are taken out for my own liking.

This is the one that doesn't have backwards compatibility though?

iphys

It depends on what's still left in stock at your SDM. I still saw the Mario Kart bundle in stock very recently, and that was a backwards compatible Wii. Even if you can't find the original model, at least the family version is nowhere near as gimped as the mini. The trouble is finding places that have anything other than the mini in stock.

Picked up Prototype 2 at EB today for 20 dollars as it's the DOTD. Seems like a good 20 dollar purchase - I've been waiting a looooong time for this to drop low enough.

ToysRUs boxing day sales _ 26th-31st

Batman: Arkham City – $14.99

Just Dance 3 – $19.99

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – $19.99

LittleBigPlanet Karting – $19.99

Dishonored – $29.99

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – $29.99

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – $29.99

Assassin’s Creed III – $39.99

Far Cry 3 – $39.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $49.99

Skylanders Giants Starter Pack – $49.99

Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure Starter Pack – $52.49

25% off all clearance games

Sora_N

ToysRUs boxing day sales

Batman: Arkham City – $14.99

Just Dance 3 – $19.99

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – $19.99

LittleBigPlanet Karting – $19.99

Dishonored – $29.99

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – $29.99

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – $29.99

Assassin’s Creed III – $39.99

Far Cry 3 – $39.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $49.99

Skylanders Giants Starter Pack – $49.99

Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure Starter Pack – $52.49

25% off all clearance games

There's no link unless it was intentional, is that vanilla Batman AC or GOTY? Good deal, I'll probably bite.

EDIT: Googled, it's vanilla. My local TRU doesn't have vanilla anymore so I'll just wait. :)

There's no link unless it was intentional, is that vanilla Batman AC or GOTY? Good deal, I'll probably bite.

EDIT: Googled, it's vanilla. My local TRU doesn't have vanilla anymore so I'll just wait. :)

the page isnt really worth going to, no real info

the deals run from the 26th-31st

Sajjaja

Does Skyrim still run like crap on the PS3? For that price I'm highly considering it.

Personally, I've never had any problems with it. Neither has my brother. He finished the game and not one problem. I'm doing tons of side quests and I haven't had it bug out yet.

zroid

Banned
Pretty weak, TRU

--

I'm currently praying to the deal gods for FS to have a Trade 1 for Fire Emblem, and for Blops2 to be on the list. :U

iLLmAtlc

Does Skyrim still run like crap on the PS3? For that price I'm highly considering it.

Just make sure to download all of the patches and it should be fine. I have more than 70 hours logged into my game and I've done pretty much all of the quests, the patch fixed that slowdown issue completely I think.

Anth0ny

I don't follow, where are you trying to ordering this from? I never really had any issues importing smaller hand helds...

http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com/

From their FAQ:

Any restrictions to the type of items I can order?
In most cases, there are no restrictions. You can get just about anything you want. Only flammable items and real weapons cannot be shipped overseas. Also, lithium batteries cannot be shipped internationally. Such items can be shipped without the battery though if removeable.

GAF thread here

I'm assuming Canada is also affected by this?

Kazerei

Banned
Wish it were Art Academy instead of Crosswords!

Ha! You're in luck, Art Academy is $14.99 today :)

Is Art Academy worth getting? Good price on it though, that's how much it should cost.

You get out of it what you put into it. If you're genuinely interested in learning and improving your skills, it's a great tool. Or you could blast through the lessons and not improve at all.

Sora_N

Ha! You're in luck, Art Academy is $14.99 today :)

You get out of it what you put into it. If you're genuinely interested in learning and improving your skills, it's a great tool. Or you could blast through the lessons and not improve at all.

I'll probably grab it from Bestbuy.ca and then call them for price adjust lol.

Sora_N

I'd like to go to the store, but too lazy and it's slushy since it snowed a bit yesterday. Also in no hurry anyways since it'll be shipped to my office conveniently, I'm working next week so I'll be here...

LkPr

$14.99 and no taxes were listed, so I'm guessing I may get a tariff charge or whatever when the package arrives

FYI for anyone looking to do this... I paid 14.99 for shipping (via UPS). Package arrived in 1 day however I got hit with $20 in duty/tariffs ... so over all it cost me 69.99 + 14.99 USD + 20.21 CAD ... a little more expensive then just buying the game (29.99) and the compendium vol1 (39.99 from amazon.ca or chapters, however shipped was 3-5 weeks)

Sora_N

Ordered Art Academy finally, I had to grab an ipad case. It says ships order within the next 2 hours and ship same day. So will I likely get this tomorrow? (I'm in VAncouver) I kind of really need that ipad case lol, but I'm lazy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom