• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed Pokemon Rumble Blast for $20 at Shoppers, and manages to price match at Staples to get Zelda OOT3D at the same price as well.

Also found Rabbids Party Collection for $20 while at Staples as well. :O

soultron

Banned
Grabbed Pokemon Rumble Blast for $20 at Shoppers, and manages to price match at Staples to get Zelda OOT3D at the same price as well.

Also found Rabbids Party Collection for $20 while at Staples as well. :O
It's hilarious to think that SDM has, IMO, the best deals on anything console related this boxing day.

isny

napkin dispenser
Didn't buy a single thing this boxing day. Sad face.

edit: shit that KitchenAid mixer is now $169. Tempted.

When I saw you posting at 2am or whatever I figured you were staying up to go out this morning, lol

I also didn't buy a thing. The deals were really lame =/

It's hilarious to think that SDM has, IMO, the best deals on anything console related this boxing day.

It's a nice back-up after gaming at Sears has been laid to rest.

Strangely, I saw a couple months ago a Wii kiosk with DKCR in the Eaton's Centre location (played it too), but no games otherwise...

Row

Banned
anyone ever order from tigerdirect.ca? bought a laptop last night from the site since it was much cheaper than amazon (who I like dealing with), and I'm wondering how long it typically takes for delivery given their warehouse is in the U.S. My estimate was Jan.9 during checkout but I think that takes into account a possible 3 days for their bloated credit card verification system, but mine has already been verified so hopefully it's much sooner.

Also, anyone know who's selling the cheapest xbox 360 pc controller? wireless or wired

Let us know what you find, I'm looking to buy one myself. Kind of leaning towards the Nikon D3200

Well, after checking out Best Buy (which closed off the camera section so that there's a HUGE line just to LOOK at good), and Futureshop there's a few "okay" deals. The prices were about the same for the last month or so.

The Sony model I had on my short list, had actually INCREASED in price (by $100). That was annoying but what can you do. The best deal of the day seem to be the stock bundle on Amazon Canada. They were selling the Canon T2i with 18-55mm lens for $349. I guess it was a lightning deal.

The best deal I found for the 3200 was from Aden Camera. They had the stock 18-55mm bundle for $529.

Both stores had a LOT of on hand camera stock. I didn't see as many people walking around with camera boxes as I had seen last year.

Gxgear

anyone ever order from tigerdirect.ca? bought a laptop last night from the site since it was much cheaper than amazon (who I like dealing with), and I'm wondering how long it typically takes for delivery given their warehouse is in the U.S. My estimate was Jan.9 during checkout but I think that takes into account a possible 3 days for their bloated credit card verification system, but mine has already been verified so hopefully it's much sooner.

Also, anyone know who's selling the cheapest xbox 360 pc controller? wireless or wired

If you're near the border, the MSRP for the wired controller is 29.99 and can go on sale for cheaper.

zroid

Banned
I was actually at the mall, and I walked right past EB Games, and I was still too lazy/irritated to walk into the clusterfuck to pick up Dark Souls. If they still have copies this weekend, I'll get one.

Socreges

Banned
My only Boxing Day purchase will probably be a snowboarding helmet at Sport Chek. Half off. I'd rather not, but most mountains don't let you in the park unless you're wearing one.

And that's online, too. Very happy to have once again avoided shopping malls. Takes a lot to make me go through that hell.

SickBoy

Another good deal at Shoppers, for people who don't have a local Microsoft store that they could go to on Black Friday, is Forza Horizon at $20. Half off seemingly everywhere else's Boxing Day "deal."

whitehawk

Banned
Thanks! I suppose I should probably just keep the physical version. I don't play it that often anymore anyways.
For future use:

http://www.tivs.ca/Sony-PlayStation-Vita/

$5 is pretty accurate. Futureshop was updated most recently at $6, but even that is from october.
My only Boxing Day purchase will probably be a snowboarding helmet at Sport Chek. Half off. I'd rather not, but most mountains don't let you in the park unless you're wearing one.

And that's online, too. Very happy to have once again avoided shopping malls. Takes a lot to make me go through that hell.
They're doing you a favour. You should always wear a helmet when skiing.

Did you see any deals on 3DS there? I dont wanna make the trip if it isnt worth it.

That I know of:

OOT3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Steel Diver
Tetris Axis
Some other small things.

They also have HeartGold and SoulSilver for $20.

I got Star Fox 64 3D at $30 at BB.

And things went from sad to unbelievable (in a good way), when I paid BB, I might've accidentally gave two $20's stuck together and a $10 bill, because I was missing a $20 bill, I was quite down about it. Later I came back and asked the manager if he could help, he said he'd check the money after closing to see if they were overpaid, alright.

As I walked away, he called me back, and just out of the blue, asked a co-worker to give me a $20 bill. o_O

Out of the blue!

Was that a Christmas miracle? :') I BELIEVE! :D

Socreges

Banned
They're doing you a favour. You should always wear a helmet when skiing.
I respectfully disagree.

I think it's a must if you're doing elevated rails or backflips, or young/inexperienced. But I'd imagine I'm doing much more 'damage' to my brain through soccer than through the hundreds of bails over 15 years of boarding. I'm smart enough to reign in my trick attempts, particularly if conditions are icy or hard-packed.

Cheerilee

And things went from sad to unbelievable (in a good way), when I paid BB, I might've accidentally gave two $20's stuck together and a $10 bill, because I was missing a $20 bill, I was quite down about it. Later I came back and asked the manager if he could help, he said he'd check the money after closing to see if they were overpaid, alright.

As I walked away, he called me back, and just out of the blue, asked a co-worker to give me a $20 bill. o_O

Out of the blue!

If you have any of the new plastic money, that stuff sticks to itself like crazy. Do yourself and the rest of Canada a favor by giving each new bill a good crumple every time you get a fresh one. So long as each bill has some unique folds and texture, they won't stick to each other so easily.

Resist the appeal of having your money feel shiny and new by keeping it nice.

Does anyone know if there's any good deals on graphics card's online right now?

Looking to upgrade my ATI Radeon HD 6770 to something that would perform better in 1920x1080

Yawnier

Banned
That I know of:

OOT3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Steel Diver
Tetris Axis
Some other small things.

I just want to know if there are any other DS/3DS games besides OOT3D worth $20 at SDM because I will be making a trip there either tomorrow or the day after to pick up a few things.

That I know of:

OOT3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Steel Diver
Tetris Axis
Some other small things.

I got Star Fox 64 3D at $30 at BB.

Out of the blue!

Hahah nice, I am glad you got your money back. I will hit up SDM tomorrow might pick up star fox.

evanmisha

Anyone seen any deluxe Wii U's at any Shoppers Drug Marts around the GTA?

Was hoping to finally pick one up tomorrow for the Bonus Redemption Event. I'd seen one at the Yonge & Finch SDM a few weeks ago, and another at the SDM by College Station... but they're long gone now, and none of the locations I've called have anything but basics.

zroid

Banned
Anyone seen any deluxe Wii U's at any Shoppers Drug Marts around the GTA?

Was hoping to finally pick one up tomorrow for the Bonus Redemption Event. I'd seen one at the Yonge & Finch SDM a few weeks ago, and another at the SDM by College Station... but they're long gone now, and none of the locations I've called have anything but basics.

I really don't think Shoppers ever got Deluxes. Supposedly some spotted an empty box or two at some store, but I haven't heard any reports of a Deluxe unit purchased at Shoppers.

If what you saw were actual products, I think they were VERY selectively distributed and in minuscule quantities.

evanmisha

I really don't think Shoppers ever got Deluxes. Supposedly some spotted an empty box or two at some store, but I haven't heard any reports of a Deluxe unit purchased at Shoppers.

If what you saw were actual products, I think they were VERY selectively distributed and in minuscule quantities.

Shame we've only got ugly 3DS XL's over here. Would've been my second choice.

Does anyone know if there's any good deals on graphics card's online right now?

Looking to upgrade my ATI Radeon HD 6770 to something that would perform better in 1920x1080

7770 is pretty good; should run everything at 1920x1080 at medium to high. Under $100 too.

If you want something beefier look at the 7850 (around $160), 7870 (around $200), and the GTX 670 (around $300).

survivor

Banned
If I don't like Demon Souls, I won't like Dark Souls, right?

I could never put in more than 10 hours into Demon Souls, but so far I have nearly 40 hours in Dark Souls and I love it. I find the bonfire system and how the world is interconnected to be so much better than the way Demon Souls handled things.

Bruiserk

I could never put in more than 10 hours into Demon Souls, but so far I have nearly 40 hours in Dark Souls and I love it. I find the bonfire system and how the world is interconnected to be so much better than the way Demon Souls handled things.

Is the bonfire system sort of like a checkpoint system? I know the point of Demon Souls was to be unforgiving, but dying and having to complete the whole level again really made me frustrated sometimes.

survivor

Banned
Is the bonfire system sort of like a checkpoint system? I know the point of Demon Souls was to be unforgiving, but dying and having to complete the whole level again really made me frustrated sometimes.

Yep, you get like 2-3 bonfires per area. It restocks your Estus Flask which is Potion and restores your health, but using the bonfire will respawn all the enemies in the area with the exception of few special ones. You won't get a bonfire right infront of the boss room, but they are generally close enough that you can just run your way there in around couple of minutes or less.

Threi

notag
Hmm picked up two Kingston 120GB SSDs at Staples for $69.99 each, a mouse, a external dvd writer, and a microsd card reader.

overall: not bad but makes me wonder why people line up in the cold, considering the discounts aren't really that huge (they all are like $10 off at the most)

As a Canadian visiting the US I was sad to miss boxing day, but it doesn't sound like I missed too much. I picked up Crysis 2 for $11.68 with no tax since I'm down in Oregon. I don't have time to play many games anymore, so this should do me for a good while :)

Ramblin

Banned
As a Canadian visiting the US I was sad to miss boxing day, but it doesn't sound like I missed too much. I picked up Crysis 2 for $11.68 with no tax since I'm down in Oregon. I don't have time to play many games anymore, so this should do me for a good while :)

Fred Meyer?

MarkusRJR

Found a copy of Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations in a Walmart's $20 or less bin. Didn't but anything else though. Deals were lame as hell.

If you have any of the new plastic money, that stuff sticks to itself like crazy. Do yourself and the rest of Canada a favor by giving each new bill a good crumple every time you get a fresh one. So long as each bill has some unique folds and texture, they won't stick to each other so easily.

Resist the appeal of having your money feel shiny and new by keeping it nice.
As someone handling the bills every day, just a tip. Count the money by thumbing the see-through part of the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom